• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Export Troubles, Gmax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
oh man this is giving me a headache.

I've followed all the tutorials correctly on modeling, animating, exporting from gmax and importing into war 3 and everything works fine... until I try to export a model with animations.

The animations work perfectly fine in gmax, but once exported the model becomes disjointed and parts of it stretch and cling to other units. The animations are all placed correctly because they work in order, its just that it screws the models up and looks awful.

As I said, this only happens to animated models, if I export and import a static doodad it looks fine. I have read that dexport may not support bone rotation, and this might be the problem. But yeah, I'm not sure what to do from here.

Is there a newer version of dexport that works with gmax 2.0, or is there another method for exporting animated models from gmax that I should know about? Anything will help at this point!!

cmon people, noone uses gmax successfully? If you can't help me with my problem, then could you atleast direct me to another method of adding bones and animations to a model please

Last edited by a moderator:
cmon people, noone uses gmax successfully? If you can't help me with my problem, then could you atleast direct me to another method of adding bones and animations to a model please

Please do not bump your own thread within 48 hours. It's ot valid and it's not allowed. Try not do do it again, okay.
~Posts merged.

Status
Not open for further replies.