• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gmax Exporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mdlx converter.....
What does it do??
I clicked convert and then repeat a hundread times.
Is it done???
MDLX converter converts .mdx to .mdl and vise versa (.mdl to .mdx). If the model has another file format it can't convert it. But this tool is pretty unnecessary if you have Magos (Model Editor) or MDLVIS. They can save a model as both .mdx and .mdl and they can open more file formats, like .ms3d and such, which MDLX converter can't. :vw_sad:

When I open it with Magos (thats a part of the tutorial) it finds is (yay) but when I open it it says unable to load C:/blahblahblah unknown group ''Format Version".
Why?

Nevermind.
Solved.
Thanks!!!!
that happens if you open a file that's not supported by Magos. That aside, formats like .ms3d should be imported in Magos, not just opened like the usual way.

Damn!
One more problem occured!
It's black......
(Double post!)
You mean completely black? That mainly happens to imported and converted stuff. Magos shows such things either white or black. All materials use the same texture in this case. This can be easily changed by making the model use the according ingame textures or by importing the fitting custom textures and then make it use them in material manager. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.