• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GDI "Titan" WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Just wanted to show off my latest model; the Global Defense Initiative "Titan" Medium Battle Mechanized Walker.
(Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun)

- Modeled in 3D Studio Max 5, textured in Photoshop.
- Everything made from scratch.
- Mesh and texture are still wip.
- Model is unanimated.
- 584 polygons.

What do you think about it so far?

EDIT:
Added lights and almost finished the texture.
Now starting to animate it.

EDIT2:
The model is finished.
Get it here

Attachments

• GDITitan4.jpg
    GDITitan4.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 456
  • GDITitan4_Back.jpg
    GDITitan4_Back.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 303
  • GDITitan4_Wireframe.jpg
    GDITitan4_Wireframe.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 352
  • tiberiansun_titan.jpg
    tiberiansun_titan.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 417
  • GDITitan5.jpg
    GDITitan5.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 845
Last edited:
Lol, you will probably get angry with because I posted in your gallery :grin:
But your model tempted me so I worked on this (I hope I can borrow some of your textures), only I dunno what to do with rocket launcher as the holes are very polyconsuming :sad:

you could always make no holes, and add them in the texture.

Level 12
Yay! Thats all I can say: yay!
About the titans in 3, it seems that C&C3 takes place before Tiberium Sun, although it is clear that it doesn't. Tiberium Sun looked a lot more technilogical than the new one, having robots and all that jazz. But meh, thats the way EA wanted it.

Mechanical Man: Yours also looks sweet. Will the rocket launcher rotate?
Both: How long does it take to do those models?

I would dare to say you didn't miss any detail :thumbs_up:
this is a masterpiece, keep up the good work
Awesome, looks great so far! You were right for wanting to show off this model :thumbs_up:
Thanks for your comments.

Are you planning on redoing all the C&C models or?
No, thats just too much work..
I'll stick to the coolest ones :smile:

Ohh very nice
Too bad they got rid of the Titans in Tiberium Wars
Yeah, they were like the coolest vehicles in the c&c universe.
At least they've kept the Juggernaut.

About two and a half hour.

*Model Update*
Added lights and almost finished the texture.
Now starting to animate it.
View attachment 6538

Level 3
Yeah, very nice models :D

About the titans in 3, it seems that C&C3 takes place before Tiberium Sun, although it is clear that it doesn't. Tiberium Sun looked a lot more technilogical than the new one, having robots and all that jazz. But meh, thats the way EA wanted it.

don't you read ingame? ^^ they say that gdi had all the walker but they stopped producing them, since theye invented a technique to easily kill these walkers and they feared that nod could steal this technique. Whatever, nod kept their avatar and so on. I think c&c 3 is okay how it is, but i would have liked to play with the mammoth walker XD

Level 13
They stoped production because the walkers were too expensive and slow nod honestly could have easily replicated walker technology as seen in there avatar.

The same reason goes for the mammoth mk2 its just too big costly and slow.

EDIT: technique of killing walkers ? um not really nod probably just got wise and started raiding GDI titans with rocket troops while they were on patrol, nothing super complicated or impressive really.

Oh ang great job both of you your making a tiberium sun conversion just one step closer to reality.

Level 3
EDIT: technique of killing walkers ? um not really nod probably just got wise and started raiding GDI titans with rocket troops while they were on patrol, nothing super complicated or impressive really.

they say it in the description of the commando i think, that they're adept at killing walkers and cause of that they stopped producing them.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Why do people all make the old C&C units, the new GDI ones look so much cooler. The new mammoth tanks I find are by no means primitive, they kill everything, if that is not advanced, what is? Also the stealth tanks are more advanced than anything humanity plans to make in the next 10 years. As for the PACs and avatar walkers, they would not be out of place in supreme commander, same goes for the mother ship and more futurstic one can not go.

Nice work non the less. . .

Level 12
Illidan: Looks cool, but I cant tell teh difference between the second two anims. Am I just missing something, because they look the same?

Mechanical Man: How did you get Illidan's textures? Ok. its probably too late now, but the model looks too squished from front to back.

Are you by any chance a Command and Conquer player Dr. Super Good? You seem to know a bit about the new game. The coolest GDI model in the new game would have to be the Juggernaut if you ask me, and for Nod, hell the MCV looks sweet. I am not going to say anything about the Scrin because there really aren't any I like.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I only ever played C&C3 yet everyone hates it for being more primitive when clearily it is very futuristic. The coolest model in it by far is the PAC's with IS (Ion Storm) on and with shield upgrades. Seing a swarm of them cover the screen looks like a mat of white that as soon as things approch decimates all.

Level 12
lol I just played a game. Five PACs hit me with ground support from Tripods. I had four squads of 3 Star rocket Squads almost knock em all down (because they were focusing on my buildings). About being primitive, they did replace the titans with normal tanks. You have to agree that tanks look a little earlier than titans do. Come on, you have to. Other units are way more advanced, like Avatars and Zone Troopers. God I love zone troopers.......

Level 13
Its fine, we all want to know how these beauties are doing.

Oh and Dr.Super Good : Humanity is already working on ways to make "stealth technology" as in the ability to bend light around objects. As for the rest of the tanks design it is simply a 3 tracked rocket tank, witch is very possible (but not technicaly sound) to make in the real world.

Your Arguement on mammoth tanks fails even more since you did not point out the major advancements they have over the old mammoths. Its like they took an old mammoth tank slapped on some rail guns from teh mk2 and called it "done" I am astonished how different GDI is in C&C3 its like the developers made a completely new race and then used the intel database to cover everything up. The saddest thing however is the complete MIA condition of GDI walkers. If i was going to be driving though a red zone it only makes sense to choose a walker over a tank due to its handling of terrain, protection of driver, and heavy weapons that can be mounted on it.

Level 13
Zone troopers are armoured infantry. They replace normal infantry in red zones. Titans, likewise would (or rather should) replace GDI tanks (predator) in red zones to support the Zone troopers.

Level 13
Im sure there will be, im not alone in the C&C community, many more, who will fix this game for EA if we must.

Enough about this though we surely have better things to discuss.

edit:
Don't mean to bash to doc a bit to much here but um as chaos said:

You have to agree that tanks look a little earlier than titans do.

What is even more amusing is that C&C3 takes place around 10 years (could be anywhere around 8, don't have any solid evidence to back this up) after TW2 meaning the GDI has stepped back anywhere around 20 years technology-wise (excluding orca's zone troopers and the ion cannon)

Level 13
Chaos, you are really being unfair to me here, just because zone troopers are the most rigged infantry in the entire game does not mean they could effectively function without armour support, i mean power armour or not having heavy armoured support can make anyones life alot easier, even a zone trooper's.

And yeah that model is really just... stunning it shows that you are putting time and effort into it i cant really think of anything else it needs..it looks 100% accurate when compared to its icon in tiberian sun.

Level 12
Massive I have been kidding around the whole time almost. I knwo Zones are uber rigged but they can be killed pretty quickly. I never only use Zones in a battle, I always include something else, mainly preds and mammoths. I may preach about only using them since they are the answer to all your problems, but I don't believe that.

You know, it is strange that this thread is still somewhat acive even though a new pic of the models hasn't been posted in a long time.

Level 13
I agree, i enjoy a good debate on such things.
On the bright side we have been bumping the thread up every time we post ensuring illidan gets more views !

But yeah... me and chaos (mainly me since i was being serious, my bad) took it too far here.

Level 12
I will pwn you at this competition of views and arguments! Ok massive, why don;t you go talk to a admin and suggest a sub-forum for C and C because I don't like talking to admins, they scare me. Escpecially Archian. He is very imposing. So.. uh go ahead with that please...

Level 9

Mechanical Man: Yours also looks sweet. Will the rocket launcher rotate?

Well, if you didn't know, EA made the game in the year 2100 or so. (Thats the game setting). And the story is, that the old units are cost effective, GDI reverted back to the old units. They just improved on the old to make them better! :)

And illidan, nice model, same to you too mech man

Level 6
Well, if you didn't know, EA made the game in the year 2100 or so. (Thats the game setting). And the story is, that the old units are cost effective, GDI reverted back to the old units. They just improved on the old to make them better! :)

And illidan, nice model, same to you too mech man

umm...
March 2047 - A massive nuclear fireball explodes high in the night sky, making the dramatic beginning to the Third Tiberium War and long-awaited return of the most groundbreaking Real-time Strategy franchise (RTS) of all time.
That's when the third Tiberium war began.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

heh, my sig looks cool lol. it s a temp sig, not the real thing

What the hell does that have to do with the topic? Seriously, you seem to have no common sense whatsoever. Don't spam like this again.

Level 13
I saw illidan using titans in-game when he posted his castle for model competition 3. That means he is testing them (?) or they already work and has not released them. Either way ill just keep on waiting for them...

Level 13
Note: the post dates between this and my old one are VERY far apart.

I talked to illidan in chat, and he said he only had 1 animation left to give it. That was a week or 2 ago and im still waiting, has Illidan left the Wc3 community for good ?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Wow, two whole weeks..

Perhaps something called vacation got in the way? Just like I'm going away for two weeks soon? I wouldn't jump to conclusions so easily.

Level 6
Wow, two whole weeks..

Perhaps something called vacation got in the way? Just like I'm going away for two weeks soon? I wouldn't jump to conclusions so easily.

I agree with Chriz. Illidan wouldn't just leave and not post why; he's done too much for Wc3 to not care.
Anyways, I can't wait to see how the TITAN will turn out. So far it looks top notch!

Status
Not open for further replies.