• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What would you change about DoTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
I'd delete all the triggers, and add a script to it.
The script would be ... VBS and it would track all files on the harddrive for Dota maps. Then replace those old dota maps with a downloader virus. In the meanwhile, I disable the mouse and keyboard, make an msgbox that says "you are a dotard" and put the script in the start up folder so the script runs every time the victim starts his computer. That's how i'll get rid of dota, ater this, no-one would ever trust dota maps again.
... Yes, i'll exterminate dota, next is runescape.
progress: script: ||||||||||||||||||| (100%)
filling the map with junk files |||||||||||||||| (80%)

EDIT: i need a team of good programmers to help me kill runescape, I know this should be in the project recruitment but i'm just asking this because it makes sence to ask it here.

Level 14
the only one i can think of that uses Player Unit Attacked is Axe's Counter Helix [...]
Youre wrong. Auto Fire, Greater Bash, that illusion thing phantom lancer has, ursas ultimate, ... and every single ability can be abused by spamming "stop" orders (yeah, permbash with bara lvl 1). How to fix it? Well, damage detection + orb stacking (both already possible). not that hard, huh? So, if you dont know enough about Jass, shut up.

Dont know, if i already mentioned, but how about keeping suggestions constructive? Pledging to remove content or the map itself isnt going to improve it.

Level 23
Id give it
- A proper Terrain
- A proper credits list
- Remove retarded commands and gamemodes.
- Reduce the hero count to like 30, A good 50% of all dota heroes are copies of each other and some are just poorly designed.

Level 12
Youre wrong. Auto Fire, Greater Bash, that illusion thing phantom lancer has, ursas ultimate, ... and every single ability can be abused by spamming "stop" orders (yeah, permbash with bara lvl 1). How to fix it? Well, damage detection + orb stacking (both already possible). not that hard, huh? So, if you dont know enough about Jass, shut up.

Dont know, if i already mentioned, but how about keeping suggestions constructive? Pledging to remove content or the map itself isnt going to improve it.
im wrong? i said what I COULD THINK OF, not a facts. Read before posting please.

Permabash with Bara isnt possible anymore to my knowledge. Havent seen it in years, or even heard of it(didnt find anything on youtube or google :S). I never said it would be HARD to fix it, just MESSED UP. You see, there are items like Radiance that make the hero deal damage more than just with their attack(and their spells), meaning:
- Bara could bash by just moving around
- Ursa could deal ulti damage to all around him
- Auto Fire would be cast all the time with enemies around
- Phantom Lancer would spawn illusions by just moving around
Now, dont get me wrong, these things are fixable with a Attack Detection system, but that would ruin some other abilities like Ursas orb, Lunas bounce attack and it would not work with illusions to my knowledge.

Dont know, if already mentioned, but please know what you are talking about before you post, mmkay? Oh, and removing content from the game might improve it. And the question isnt what we would improve, it was what we would change.

Level 8
DotAs coding migth not be the best, but things still work and there isnt too many bad bugs.

Lack of good damage&attack detections system doesnt ruin DotAs gameplay, and it would be pretty hard for them to use some damage system ( Like Rising Dusk´s Damage System, which btw pwns :thumbs_up: ), because DotA is old and they have lots of non triggered spells and old coding.

Remaking all the spells and triggers would take some time, dont you think?

The thing that makes DotA so good is that it is so popular. You can always find a DotA game, but you rarely see anyone hosting ToB or AotZ or DoE.

Level 14
im wrong? [...]
Yes, you are, since there are no problems whatsoever that arise when you use EVENT_UNIT_DAMAGED in place of EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_ATTACKED (alonge with the a rewrite of affected skills and the implementation of an orb-stacking system, which is the only way to realize this anyway). None.

Level 12
Deaod, if you look at the post you quoted the first time, it said something like

"The only ability I CAN THINK OF that uses an Unit is Attacked event is Counter Helix"

how can that be wrong? how can what I think of be wrong?

Level 15
Some I forgot to mention:

Guinsoo shares a cooldown with Voodoo
If you're under the effects of Voodoo or Guinsoo's and you get Banished by Obsidian, the buffs timers will still continue (along with other effects) while Banished.
Refresher would have a 0 cooldown, but cost more mana.

Stuff like that.

Level 20
Zerox is REALLY a girl???

Yeah. I am. But yeah.... I don't necessarily give out my picture to just anyone over the internet.

Yes she is. And she is cute.

Lol thank you.

Back on topic though. It seems like some believe its perfect as is and others want it changed, and then you have those who just want it gone altogether. XD

Level 7
lol that's funny... maybe if the game wasn't so repetitive all the time then it could have been more enjoyable. Also it could have been a lot more awesome if you had a weaponless character that acquired a certain attachment when weapon is bought or picked up.

Level 8
I mostly enjoy DotA in the way it is. There is maybe a bit too much stun and disable, though. They should reduce the amount of stunnig spells or make them easy to dodge, like Moon Priestess arrow.

Level 24
Instead of me just saying play another AoS, in DotA when one side is clearly winning, it takes too long to move in for the kill. That bugs the hell out of me.

Level 15
so much people talk really trash around and are totally off topic, i just wonder why some people say that dota is sheet map or want it to be gone instead they are jealous coz dota is more popular then there own work or coz they can't make such a work. Instead it would be stupid to have all same popular maps since why should i then make map or mode better then dota if dota does not exist... Instead of cashing or hating dota beat it with your own mod/map as for me dota is nice map i don't like or hate it sometimes i play but not much, there are stuff i would improve like making hero's fare more balanced example void being in late game imba and at beginning to weak that goes for ursa as well since he is to imba hero, a lot more, i would add more custom hero spells like Rexxar Wild Axes and i would 100% add physics engine to game + more of custom stuff models ofc not to much but some heros currently are really copies of others and i would replace them with new thought ones... improve terrain... basically thats almost all of it!

Level 24
You did not just say "you people only hate DotA because it's more popular or better than whatever you make". Jealousy has nothing to do with it. Most people hate DotA for the map's sake because it crowds out other fun maps. You know on Northrend it takes a good 5-10 minutes to find something worthwhile being hosted that isn't DotA? A lot of people hate DotA for the community too. The majority of them are a bunch of confrontational, irritating dipshits.

Level 8
I would remove it from battlenet!

joking.. NOT!

Well, i wouldnt remove it, but i would force people to join dota maps instead of hosting them on bnet! There is around 5 of the same dota maps on battlenet when i am there. Wish they could all join in one so we could get rid of them.

Level 6
The one thing I'd change about Dota is the community... It's full of noob-hating dicks that need to be crucified... Just kidding... about the crucification, that is.
Want me to elaborate?

Status
Not open for further replies.