• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anti dota-campaign? or DOTA overpowered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Well .. i saw rly much games like .. for example all the WoW copies, like WoW: Warsong gulch .. WoW: Araathi Basin .. and also the Rabbits vs Sheeps ... (Maybe the project here 'Gear' is also in the complot?) .. But al these maps have like these DOTA-Like copies .. more and more and also Rabbits Vs Sheeps has modes like '-apem' '-ar' and such.. totaly copied from dota! .. now i ask you .. are these things to ment knock out dota and make another game be the best? .. or are these things just made by people who think people will only play they're game if the word '-ar' or '-apem' is in it? .. Also the games which i just said all have the words 'Watch (Site) for tournaments!' .. And then they gonna organize tournaments?? .. For what? .. Dota has cashprizes(wasnt it?) .. So what they gonna award the winner with?

This is just confusing me, i think DOTA is controlling the minds of map-makers who want to be famous with they're maps (Yes i know im creating ADTS but i make it as different as possible) to add things from DOTA in hope they're maps becomes more popular ..

Level 8
Personally, I think we should have a rule against DotA threads. They generally lead to arguments, or they have some idiotic purpose like "wutz the cuulest think about dotaz?!"

Just an idea to avoid lots of spam and arguments and tension and obsession etc.. :)

Level 3
Well mate, I would say it is because some people are inspired by the map - though myself I don't see what is so good about it, there realy isn't anything you can do about it...so just ignore it mate :)

Level 4
Well .. i saw rly much games like .. for example all the WoW copies, like WoW: Warsong gulch .. WoW: Araathi Basin .. and also the Rabbits vs Sheeps ... (Maybe the project here 'Gear' is also in the complot?) .. But al these maps have like these DOTA-Like copies .. more and more and also Rabbits Vs Sheeps has modes like '-apem' '-ar' and such.. totaly copied from dota! .. now i ask you .. are these things to ment knock out dota and make another game be the best? .. or are these things just made by people who think people will only play they're game if the word '-ar' or '-apem' is in it? .. Also the games which i just said all have the words 'Watch (Site) for tournaments!' .. And then they gonna organize tournaments?? .. For what? .. Dota has cashprizes(wasnt it?) .. So what they gonna award the winner with?

This is just confusing me, i think DOTA is controlling the minds of map-makers who want to be famous with they're maps (Yes i know im creating ADTS but i make it as different as possible) to add things from DOTA in hope they're maps becomes more popular ..

well, some game like gear and more want to knock out dota, like me, i hate dota >.<
i think they use -dm or what, because it's more simple... for mode, sometime i use simple one like -r -z

in my country, to ask teammate to go back, just type b, and they will go back

>.<

Level 27
well, some game like gear and more want to knock out dota, like me, i hate dota >.<
i think they use -dm or what, because it's more simple... for mode, sometime i use simple one like -r -z

in my country, to ask teammate to go back, just type b, and they will go back

>.<

Omg .. i means its totaly hilarious! .. you dont get it? .. you rly think if you want to knock out WoW they copy the WoW gameplay? that should be totaly nonsense because they just keep playing WoW then because the other game is no real suprise to them anymore! .. the same concept is going on here -.-

if they want to knock out dota you shoulndt copy to much things of it .. and defining a mode with -ap or -z .. its just .. just to 'Dota-like'

For example: Crimson towers: At dawn they sleep (thats mine) uses dialogs with modes like : Field control, Player Vs Player and Deathmatch. it uses the traditional things .. but i think modes like 'supercreeps' and such is just going over the limit and TOTALY useless.. its just an add-on in hope to give people more the feeling they're playing a overhyped and overloaded game with loads of features .. which only contains little features in real =/

I also hate dota ..

Level 16
The_wand_mirror said:
i think DOTA is controlling the minds of map-makers
if they want to knock out dota you shoulndt copy to much things of it .. and defining a mode with -ap or -z .. its just .. just to 'Dota-like'

Seems to me dota is controlling your mind. Short forms for modes such as ar (=All Random), dm (=deathmatch), ap (=all pick) are just common sense. Seeing them as 'property' of dota is what's hilarious in your arguments. How would you rephrase those modes? Ar= NGTPAH = Nobody Gets To Pick A Hero, sound better? Dm= FUEID = Fight Until Everybody Is Dead? Grand suggestions even if I say so myself....or lets just stick to ar, dm etc. k? :p

"Copying" such things is not really copying dota, It's just using familiar things in order to get people feel comfortable in your map without confusing them. Copying dota would be recreating a hero from it, using the same terrain etc. Using a well known (well known made by dota i suppose) term to explain something is not copying.

Level 27
Seems to me dota is controlling your mind. Short forms for modes such as ar (=All Random), dm (=deathmatch), ap (=all pick) are just common sense. Seeing them as 'property' of dota is what's hilarious in your arguments. How would you rephrase those modes? Ar= NGTPAH = Nobody Gets To Pick A Hero, sound better? Dm= FUEID = Fight Until Everybody Is Dead? Grand suggestions even if I say so myself....or lets just stick to ar, dm etc. k? :p

"Copying" such things is not really copying dota, It's just using familiar things in order to get people feel comfortable in your map without confusing them. Copying dota would be recreating a hero from it, using the same terrain etc. Using a well known (well known made by dota i suppose) term to explain something is not copying.

In what game they use 'ap' and 'ar' then? .. i never heard of them except for DOTA .. dm im familiar with ..

But i always have another arguiment :p

I ment like people copying also the 'style' DOTA gets his popularty with, like putting in all sorts of modes and then holding tournaments ..

Level 16
I ment like people copying also the 'style' DOTA gets his popularty with, like putting in all sorts of modes and then holding tournaments ..

You think gamemodes belong to dota and other maps that use gamemodes copied the idea of a gamemode from dota? You must eat, drink and breath dota to have that kind of vision....
Next you are going to say if people use trees (same ones that dota uses) they are just copying dota....? :)
My point is that your argument is absurd. Your own obsession with dota makes you see copying where there is no copying. Keep in mind that: Popularity = Something people like, Dota = Something people like, but Popularity != (read 'is not equal to') Dota.

When I made the gamemodes for my Day of the Cow TD, dota never crossed into my mind.
When I was thinking of holding a Bomberman Tournament with my map Mini-Me's Super Bomberman, dota again was the last thing in my mind.

Level 1
I find that you think using familiar commands for game modes copying quite funny, also what is the problem with DotA? I've never understood that and no ones provided me with a real reason to why it's bad.

Level 4
I find that you think using familiar commands for game modes copying quite funny, also what is the problem with DotA? I've never understood that and no ones provided me with a real reason to why it's bad.

i just... really dont like it, for me it's a bad map.. >_<

Many maps that's better than dota :thumbs_up: now the one i've never understood is, why people like dota?

Status
Not open for further replies.