• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A future of battlenet idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
ok we've seen dota.. now ive seen some conversation about it dieing growing w/e the way i see it. if we can draw the basic battlenet user away from the whole dota td ect it would make the battlenet community a little more diverse and it would make going on a little more worth while so u dont have to shuvvle through all the dotas to find a game you like.. you can simply host an online campaign using -save codes and ect to get ur character back and you can base the campaign around the warcraft universe such as the fall of the gurubashi empire or amani. or just a little segment about the wars the silithid and the trolls had before the maelstrom opened. i think this would be a able to be duplicated and it would be a total change away from dota td and sorta like an rpg that actually has a very intresting story line. like there would be a series of 5 levels you could load up and after u complete a level it gives you a code that u just punch into the next level and it will load up ur toon and you can continue the game from there. this has so many possibilities... for petes sake you could recreate the campaigns blizzard created but for online. it would show people the story of the game and give them a challenging way to do it so they arnt just versing bots that are easily takin down. thats all ive really come up with atm so if anybody has anything to add comments suggestions ect go ahead and post.:infl_thumbs_up: :spell_breaker:

Level 6
summary... He wants to make a online campaign that u can load in characters and it has 5 maps(stringed together) to do with the warcraft timeline...

In my opinion DotA players do not care about creativity or game play they just care how gay the map is...

Level 9
Damn Dota

Who cares about Dota?

This is about his idea for a new style of map and i think its pretty good :smile:
Its gonna be hard to do and confuzzing to host but if you can pull it off then im sure there will be alot of interest. As long as there is no fee :p.

This should be under map development, i think. Some people just went off topic and the tread didnt follow the rules.

Level 8
THUNDER!! NERUBIAN CAMPAIGN!! I mean really man its already decided we are making the thing right? or are you looking for more team members?

Awsome Campaign Plan (for our project): Blood Ice

Attachments

• Blood Ice.doc
    37.5 KB · Views: 279
Status
Not open for further replies.