• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What will the future bring? (Within WotLK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Just for throwing out random ideas, try to keep it to WotLK though, because ofcourse Azshara is out there, Sargeras might resurrect sometime, but it's probably quite a long time until it's happening. Feel free to bring any other ideas out in the open though!

One day some time ago I was flying around in Zul'Drak near Gundrak, I noticed that there is a big temple there, and I was wondering if that might be a planned, or just "happen" to become something like a raid instance one day.

I know Gundrak is right there, but it is located underground, and I think there could be a possibility that it's a future raid instance, above ground.

Also, I'm wondering how Blizzard will pull off the fight with Arthas/Ner'Zhul, I doubt players will be the ones finishing him off, and I'm sure Tirion or at least the Ashbringer will be there, but I'm just not sure quite how. Any thoughts?

As far as I'm concerned about Arthas, I think that it won't be us that defeated him.

*SPOILERS MAY BE INCLUDED IN THE FOLLOWING HIDDEN TEXT*
Some of you know that during a quest in Icecrown, you encounter a ghostly child named Matthias Lehner that's supposed to represent the remaining part of Arthas' humanity (hence the anagram on Arthas Menethil). During that quest. you'll find the Frozen Heart of Arthas sealed away far below the Icecrown Citadel. Arthas "didn't need it, said it was making him weak", in the words of Matthias. Once you touch it, you'll free Matthias. Somewhat after a couple of quests, Tirion will look into the heart himself, saying that there's no hope for redemption, shattering the heart, and presumably Matthias as well.

My theory says that probably Matthias persisted, and is plotting revenge against Ner'zhul, with Tirion by his side. I hope that we get only to defeat Ner'zhul, shatter Frostmourne, the Helm of Domination and plate of the Damned, then Matthias reunites with his body and bam, Arthas is back to normal.

I could always be wrong at some points, since I simply zoomed through quests and I'm still hazy around the Lich King.

Level 19
Best ending for Arthas would be him to kill Kil'Jaeden and because of he is the most powerful existance in universe he may turn to an energy form and flow in universe forever
I mean if Arthas wont be on earth anymore somehow, this should be how it will be

Level 7
Also, I'm wondering how Blizzard will pull off the fight with Arthas/Ner'Zhul, I doubt players will be the ones finishing him off, and I'm sure Tirion or at least the Ashbringer will be there, but I'm just not sure quite how. Any thoughts?

Im not to to familiar with ashbringe rlore but didnt the guy who wielded the sword die? :<
Also whose tirion I forget.

Also this is gonna be off topic but what happened to medivh? Damn all this WoW has made me lose my lore.

Level 6
Im not to to familiar with ashbringe rlore but didnt the guy who wielded the sword die? :<
Also whose tirion I forget.
Yeah, he did, anyhow, Tirion Fordring is running around doing backflips and whatnot, while killing undead with it, so it's back. Somehow.
Also this is gonna be off topic but what happened to medivh? Damn all this WoW has made me lose my lore.
Medivh was killed by humans some time ago, he then returned as the prophet, and helped Azeroth save itself from The Burning Legion. After that, poof, gone. With the exception maybe of the Chess event in Karazhan.
In warcraft 3 he apparently became guardian of azeroth, and I think he still is in WoW...
He was born Guardian of Azeroth, or not exactly, but that's the short version. Now he's dead.

By the way guys, no point in going "OMG ARHTAS RULZ DA TOWN LOLL HE WONT DIE!"

What l0w_kwaliti said, I started writing this sentence in doubt, but maybe it's not that far out anyway. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens though, even if I did quit WoW just this week.

Level 7
Didn;t medivh get possessed or something? And then led to his doom? Also if it was just *poof* gone how do you know he's dead? Also i remeber him giving guidance to thrall in wc3 campaign... damn im so confused...

Level 13
Didn;t medivh get possessed or something? And then led to his doom? Also if it was just *poof* gone how do you know he's dead? Also i remeber him giving guidance to thrall in wc3 campaign... damn im so confused...
Aegwynn killed Sargeras. Aegwynn got pregnant. Sargeras possessed fetus Medivh. Medivh was born. Aegwynn gave Medivh her powers. Medivh trained some mages. Medivh opens portal for Orcs. Khadgar and some others kill Medivh. Medivh comes back as a good prophet, dissapears after Archimonde dies.

That's his story in short.

Level 7
What the future will bring in the entire scope of WoW:

New Classes
New Races
The Great Sea
The Emerald Dream
Grim Batol
Gilneas
Ulduar (obviously)
Icecrown Citadel (duh)
Dual Spec (clearly)
Other knifty things
New In-Game Quest Helper! (yes, it's coming! In 3.1, too.)
New POS Arena Maps
New POS BGs
New PvP that is more POS Garbage but somehow fun
More Old Gods
Sargeras' Tomb
Azshara
Her City
Spellbreakers?
NOT Arch-Druid

Status
Not open for further replies.