• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Whats the point of instances then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Don't low level instances lose interest?

I mean like Molten Core and such, greenies from 64 in outland are stronger then some(all?) epics you get there.

So you would just end up doing them for fun?

And when Wotlk is released whats the point of doing BT when you can level to 80 and do all instances there, get blues and do icecrown. (Blues of some instances are way better than BT/SWP epics)

So.. eh.. Doesn't this happen in retail?

Level 13
Endgame instances are NOT supposed to last to the next expansion. For example Molten Core was never really supposed to last to lvl 70 in TBC. The same with TBC, it won't last to WOTLK. The point is to do them while they're still valid and get the best loot from them and after that wait for the expansion.

After the expansion the only point of doing them is for general fun and also the achievement. Also special loot like mounts as Mecheon said.

Level 22
Regardless of level, its always entertaining watching Ragnaros die. Since achievements have been release, i've seen a shart spike in older instances being run, wether 5 mans or 40 mans. it gives a big chance for those who came into the game late to see a lot of the content they missedbefore they first joined the game. i don't think I've ever met anyone who came in after bc's release NOT think the c'thune fight was just simply awesome. (since its actually fun and easy at lvl 70)

As for running raids- you'd be surprised how much easier leveling is in epic gear ;)

Level 17
Yep. They are shit.

We ran MC the other day. It took less than an hour, if more people would have water. :D

Level 9
Achievements give a reason to go back to old world instances, or even lower level instances I should say. The only complaint I have with the achievement system is that it didn't record half the stuff I did before it went live, so apparently I didn't do SFK, WC, or any of those things. AQ20, AQ40 and the like are still all really fun to do, just as a memory to the struggle it was at 60. VGsatomi also made a good point; T6 will last you all the way to 80 (just as T3 got you almost to 70).

Level 14
Yeah ok for those goodies. But i bet you thousand of lazy asses are just going to level to 80 and go to northrend when they're 70 to get blues they're and they will do Icecrown then anyway so BT would be shit compared to that.

BT is shit anyway, at least that's what I heard.

You also do it for the content. . .the bossfight, the instance design. . .I for example was in Naxx @ 70 with the best guild on my server and we actually wiped on some bosses, including Kel'Thuzad. But it was fun to see Naxx before WotLK, and how things we're made preTBC. You can actually understand why Blizzard reduced the raids from 40man to 25man in TBC. . .getting 40 people on some fights in Naxx. . .pff small chance some1 doesn't mess up ^_^. Anyway you do it for fun, and for the content, ofc no1 will stop by TK while leveling to 80 or anything lawl, but there is no point in actually deleting them is it ? Those we're the challenges if that version of the game, with every expansion there is a new start for all, even for the noob guilds, they have the chance to organize this time and be the first to get to Arthas :p

Now WotLK is comming, and new challenges await. . .it's a new game :D

Level 9
Plus, you leave Pre-BC as well as BC instances open for the people who are leveling new characters. Why stop 80's from helping level 60-70 players get gear through TK/SSC/BT?

This is especially the case because we will be seeing death knights who start at level 55, who still need to make their way through outland.

Level 9
For the unique-looking gear and such. My guild got together with one of the top raiding guilds on the server and we did a full clear on Naxx the day before it moved. (I got mah Corrupted Ashbringer! :D)

Level 16
My guess is that some day, blizzard will remake all used-to-be high end dungeons and make them maximum level dungeons, balance the loot that's gotten from bosses and let you play all instances just as they are new. It might happen when the next-gen mmo or maybe a new mmorpg by blizzard is created and wow gets old

Status
Not open for further replies.