• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What the fruit happened to the respected user award?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
And just to note again, before people start bitching like the little idiots they are (luv uuuu), I'm fine with mine being removed. That isn't my point here. But, don't remove it for everyone.

It's like giving someone a birthday present and then taking it away from them for...well...no apparent reason. Wtf.
AndHereWeGo.gif

Level 16
And just to note again, before people start bitching like the little idiots they are (luv uuuu), I'm fine with mine being removed. That isn't my point here. But, don't remove it for everyone.

No one is going to bitch about that, but some great users deserve it. And just the same goes to you my friend. And without a reason to remove it they could just put it back.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Pfffffft! You just want your award back, Bob! <3

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

You can't make anyone equal to Darky and VGsatomi. And no, nobody replaced the Respected User Award. It's gone, and nobody said anything about it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
It was deemed that the award in its current form made no sense (was given away prety randomly) and thus it was removed.

It might come back in the future if its allocation gets revised but that still means many people who used to have it might not get it back.

Level 7
Hmm, if that's the case, it might be better to not bring it back anymore.
I pretty much like the new "medal of honor" award than the old one - I suppose only those Users that really leave a great mark in the development of The Hive should get awarded with it. I think it's the best this way.

It was deemed that the award in its current form made no sense (was given away prety randomly) and thus it was removed.

It might come back in the future if its allocation gets revised but that still means many people who used to have it might not get it back.

So someone DID actually remove the respected user award.

Level 31
It's kind of stupid to award people something and then take it away from them because you don't like them. Or in some of your cases *cough* dsg *cough*, just because you didn't get one. Taking awards away from people in general, for any reason, is retarded. Unless it's a contest setup where it turns out they cheated of course. But the award is basically to say "we value your presence in the community." And by taking it away, you are saying, "nope. Just kidding. We don't value your presence at all."

When was this deemed? And by who? I keep asking mods, and no one can give me an answer. DSG, you appear to be the first person to actually bring it up as if it actually was removed.

Level 11
To be honest I really haven't met someone who deserves respected user award. People who actually do something usually like to troll just as well.

Of course I am speaking of people who were active after I joined. I can't really say anything about people who became inactive before that.

Level 34
'Tis a shame the reward got removed. But you know, before you can give someone the "Respected User" award, you must first understand the very meaning of word "Respect", so let me tell you... The word 'respect' origins from Latin word 'respectus' which literally means "act of looking back at one,"... nahh, just kidding. But anyway, Mr. Bob put it very nicely:
But the award is basically to say "we value your presence in the community." And by taking it away, you are saying, "nope. Just kidding. We don't value your presence at all."
If the users who were given the award got it removed now, it's like you're denying your "respect" towards them and that they never deserved the reward in the first place. This is kind of like that time when "Former staff member" awards were not given to users who got fired from the staff, until it was discussed among the admins that it should be given to them after all (I actually made a thread in Admin's contact about it). "Respected User" award should be given to users who contributed to the site greatly with their resources, will to help others, good communicating abilities, improving the site with their ideas, likeable character, always there when needed etc. If nothing, at least keep it to raise someone's esteem, or for other users to know whether that person is trustworthy or wise, or you know, worthy of their respect (respect is rare these days, it seems).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Fact is that nothing ever happens for no reason. Whether the respected user award was removed by accident or as part of site restructuring is not of any concern for you. Thank you for raising that they have been removed, a final response from staff about the subject will be given at a later date.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Regardless, it was already given. Taking it away is just a dick move. There is some serious social retardation required to not see the douchebaggery in the maneuver.

I had the urge to quote this for truth.

Level 16
Fact is that nothing ever happens for no reason. Whether the respected user award was removed by accident or as part of site restructuring is not of any concern for you. Thank you for raising that they have been removed, a final response from staff about the subject will be given at a later date.

Wow, this one post totally destroyed Pyritie's dream of mods being 'users with powers'. You're basically saying normal users are lesser parts of the site and deemed not worthy of knowing what is happening to it.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Don't worry about it, Hubcool, unless I'm somewhat of an unique case, the moderators are being left out as well. Not that it makes it any better that way (or, it probably does in the eyes of whoever did this).

Status
Not open for further replies.