• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Suggestion]: Award Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should do something more fair about the award icons; when we click on the award icon of somebody, we are directed at the winning thread of his.
E.g. someone made a spectacular terrain, won the Terrain Contest, earned the "Terraining Contst #x, 1st place!", then, once i click the award button, i am directed at the post of his with his piece of work. I can't run over the Arena Archive to get this bit of info; the award icons should be there to determine not only what, but also why that user won.

Level 9
Makes a lot of sense, and is a great idea. When I click a reward, it just links to the profile page of the users award. A explanation and his piece would be nice to.

Level 9
He isn't on often as I can see when I joined, the first time I saw him on chat was yesterday. Good point Archian, I think Ralle should take a look of this.

Pharaoh may have pointed out a good point ;) .

Level 14
It's still ridiculous to have a million third, second, and first place icons. It absolutely devalues the icon to nothing, since now you only have to score third or higher to have a pretty picture under your reputation bar and in your profile.

I am pleased that respected user lost its icon, though, that's a step in the right direction.

Level 14
Bleh, maybe my cache wasn't working. The other day, the reward icon for being a respected user wasn't showing up and I was really happy about it. For some reason, it is showing up again.

On each thread, there is a permalink. Redirecting the user via the icon to the permalink of the winning thread of his is what it didn't work? (No judging, i just don't get why it could be difficult)

Indeed. When I tried to add a link in the award description to the post, it worked there. But then in the area next to each post it completely flipped out. :p

By the way I'd like to direct everyone's attention here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pyrities-adventure-523/award-icons-poll-ii-133691/

Status
Not open for further replies.