• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Thread Updates & Award Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Two suggestions here for overall site betterment:

1) I like to keep updated when a model I like or have downloaded has been updated (or even more generally, the creator or a mod posts in the topic). However, there's no way to "selectively subscribe", and instead I'm constantly re-checking walls of "New Posts in X Thread", only to find a random user has posted "kool modle yo".
:<
So, Can we get a "selective subscription" process? Perhaps one where it only alerts you to comments made by X (defined by each individual) user? Or when progress on the model (updated, approved, deleted, etc) is made?

2) Award Icons. I love to see them, it's a great indicator of skill and prowess in whatever field... But nothing bugs me more than this: "Tarrasque won the 17th Modelling Contest with the 'Ultimate Model of All Awexomeness' "... And then when I click on it, it takes me to their profile. With the same information.
Nowhere can I click on the icon & arrive at the winning entry in particular (or heck, even the contest in which it was won). This is the system provided on Wc3C.net, and it's incredibly useful & intuitive. In the mean-time, I have to go searching through the Contest Backlog thread & hope I can remember what I'm looking for.
So, Can user's Award Icons be made to link directly to the award-winning resource in question, or at least to the contest in which it was won?

~~~

Thanks for your time; let me know.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Thanks for the rapid response.

1) So basically, you want to subscribe to users. Follow everything that Kyrbi0 is doing and get notifications whenever he posts something new. Good idea.
That too would be helpful, but I'm speaking more about for a specific thread.

I.e. I don't want a thread (i.e. a Resource thread) to appear on my "updated subscriptions" list unless the creator of the Resource (and/or a moderator/admin) posts on it. Alternatively/Also, I can only be told about a thread (i.e. Resource) being updated if the resource itself is being updated. So I can "selectively subscribe", in that my subscription updates selectively (based on who does what).

Status
Not open for further replies.