• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

What programs should I make?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello everyone,

With the time I have now received during the holidays (since some of it will be just boring, I decided to make a couple of things), I was wondering what you would like me to make (in programs). I might spend at least some time before I will abandon for other things during the school holidays.

At the moment, I might resume Colourizer (but not for long) with developed and added features, but anyways if you have any suggestions of what programs to make please post them here.

Andy Phan.

Level 27
This is not related to warcraft, but could you perhaps try to make an auto installer?

A program in which you can fill in a path and let then it will search for executables named ''setup'' etc. automatically accepts to terms of agreement and skips all the other screens and when it encounters a serial requirement it searches for a serial document in the same folder it found the setup executable.

And for example make it able to let it search a folder with three submaps that all have a different program in it. Like this you can install multiple programs at once :)

Just an idea i had once.

Level 9
This is not related to warcraft, but could you perhaps try to make an auto installer?

A program in which you can fill in a path and let then it will search for executables named ''setup'' etc. automatically accepts to terms of agreement and skips all the other screens and when it encounters a serial requirement it searches for a serial document in the same folder it found the setup executable.

And for example make it able to let it search a folder with three submaps that all have a different program in it. Like this you can install multiple programs at once :)

Just an idea i had once.
Thanks for the idea, I'll see into it. Also, if you wish please be a bit clearer (some of the information I'm having trouble to understand, sorry). That's a good idea, and otherwise I'll try to make it possible to load it in Linux too.

Otherwise, thanks for the idea. I'll try to do so.

Level 9
Could you make a program that starts my computer at 5.00 AM tomorrow and plays a black metal track to scare the shit out of me and wake me up?

And, it would be awesome if you could also add an extra feature: if the song won't wake me up, two huge fists will come out of my PC and beat the shit out of me.

Thanks. (win7 @ 64 bit)

Level 9
Could you make a program that starts my computer at 5.00 AM tomorrow and plays a black metal track to scare the shit out of me and wake me up?

And, it would be awesome if you could also add an extra feature: if the song won't wake me up, two huge fists will come out of my PC and beat the shit out of me.

Thanks. (win7 @ 64 bit)
You know, the program can't run if your computer isn't on.
He has a point, otherwise you'll have to look deeper if your computer really supports it. I doubt I can make one with the pages I have looked through.

Level 9
Thanks for the ideas

Everyone, thanks for the reply. After this week I will most likely resume to programming for Warcraft III.

Dr Super Good said:
A proper robust MPQ editor which can handle editing listfileless mpqs without crashing (saving especially).

All the current ones I tried were a joke as they crashed with allmighty halarious errors.

I could probably do that, but I was wondering if you could probably answer this question (optionally, it might help me make a much better MPQ Editor than what I made before).

I was wondering if you had any programming experience before, of which assembly should be used in accomplishing this task:
a) MpqLib (from Magos)
b) Shadowflare's MPQ Editor assembly
c) Storm.dll

Thanks for the suggestion, that's a great idea. I'll see into it next year soon enough.

Aeroblyctos said:
Do a program like Map Optimizer that removes useless stuff but for campaigns. I would be forever thankful to you if you can do this.

Yes, I could probably do this, but it might take some time. I do understand that optimizing every single map is quite lengthy, especially for such hard work. I'll take that into consideration. I am also wondering that Dr Super Good's idea should be followed first so that I can probably try to prevent crashes in loading such maps. Some attempts I made failed when loading maps in Warcraft III that were edited with my program.

Otherwise, thanks for the suggestion. Hopefully I can finish it in time before school does come back again .

Andy Phan.

Level 9
If you are using .NET I would suggest using Mago's MpqLib.
It's made for specifically for .NET IIRC and is fairly easy to use. I have used it myself.
Hmm... Thanks for the suggestion (that's a good idea, I have also used it), but the problem is that will it accomplish the ability to still find files without the listfile as such (that includes not having a external listfile)? Thanks for the advice anyways.

Level 37
pha0001 said:
Yes, I could probably do this, but it might take some time. I do understand that optimizing every single map is quite lengthy, especially for such hard work. I'll take that into consideration.
Okay thanks. You know, people are angry to me that when loading TCO campaign's maps it takes forever to load(like 2 to 10 minutes). So that's why I wanted to ease people's pain by having this program.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The main part of the mpq thing is the data management. Usually the programs have the file name as a key to the database, which is incorrect as not all files have to have a name in an mpq so it resorts to making on up if none are found which probably is the cause of the problems. All files however have to have a hashvalue, which is the true key to the database. The name obviously should be displayed if available, but as a separate field.

The interior workings of the program have to treat each file via hash at all times and when saving save them via the hash and then optionally tags on any file names as a listfile, instead of currently where most ediors try to compile the hashes from the names when saving (thus why crashes probably occur if there is none).

Another useful feature would be extract file / ID file, where you are given a prompt to enter a file path. This file path is then hashed and if a file exists for that hash, it is extracted or the name added to the database.

Level 9
The main part of the mpq thing is the data management. Usually the programs have the file name as a key to the database, which is incorrect as not all files have to have a name in an mpq so it resorts to making on up if none are found which probably is the cause of the problems. All files however have to have a hashvalue, which is the true key to the database. The name obviously should be displayed if available, but as a separate field.

The interior workings of the program have to treat each file via hash at all times and when saving save them via the hash and then optionally tags on any file names as a listfile, instead of currently where most ediors try to compile the hashes from the names when saving (thus why crashes probably occur if there is none).

Another useful feature would be extract file / ID file, where you are given a prompt to enter a file path. This file path is then hashed and if a file exists for that hash, it is extracted or the name added to the database.
I've asked Magos if it was possible (this is very useful information too, thank you), and eventually he had told me that it was not possible unless a listfile has been given to search for the files. However, I can sort of think of an idea for Warcraft III maps, where I could possibly use information in the map to search for files, such as models, music etc...

However I'll see about it, thanks for the information. Also, I was wondering if you could answer this question:

Would it be possible to still load a campaign after making a new MPQ, followed by adding all the data files required as such, and compacting it?

Usually sometimes I find it that I can't load it and it shows a fatal error instead when I load maps, but if you could possibly answer it that would be helpful. Thanks again.

Aeroblyctos said:
Okay thanks. You know, people are angry to me that when loading TCO campaign's maps it takes forever to load(like 2 to 10 minutes). So that's why I wanted to ease people's pain by having this program.

No problem, usually I lose my enthusiasm on making a campaign, and it takes a while too. That's really good of you making campaigns, and does take a while. I can probably make yours first if possible, but for now Dr Super Good's idea is a great one, and can be useful too.

Level 9
Why would a map optimizer make the map load faster?
I assuming that he mean't faster time loading the map, or possibly optimizing some code which could possibly help the map run faster (maybe doing it manually might be better). That's a good point you pointed out there.

Level 22
How about a program that parses replays information the way http://w3rep.sourceforge.net/example.php does it, but it is only for websites and a program doing that offline would be great.

And I used to have suggestions for things that would ease us but no1 paid attention, the one I remember is: if a program can import all files at a time with their appropriate paths, say you export your files from a map, import them all and they are with their normal path.

Level 9
How about a program that parses replays information the way http://w3rep.sourceforge.net/example.php does it, but it is only for websites and a program doing that offline would be great.

And I used to have suggestions for things that would ease us but no1 paid attention, the one I remember is: if a program can import all files at a time with their appropriate paths, say you export your files from a map, import them all and they are with their normal path.
Hmm... That sounds like a good idea. The website seems to show some information about the replays, if you wish tell me what do you want the replay parser to do for Warcraft III replays?

And for importing all of the files, could you be a bit clear about that. Sorry, I'm a bit confused about it, it does like it's some good idea. Thanks.

Level 22
Ok download a replay like this one. When you open it with the link above, you will see lots of info like Name: Type: Host: Units (info is expandable to see what units were built): Actions, Heros (and their levels): Winner: Loser: , chat log, map picture. In brief: If the program can display exactly the same info as this parser, map and everything, that would be great.

Preferably a program that doesn't run SETUP&installation but can be just unzipped and started. Also associating replays with it so that you can open replays directly. A program that works for every version, this online parser does ot for every version replay.

W3chart doesnt work since 1.23 and WC3masters isnt as detailed as this parser.

As for the 2nd, mapmakers are tired of having to import custom models, skins and files and to have to set the path of each. If a program can just export these files in such a way that remembers the paths of the files, so that on another map you can import all the files with their paths set, that would be gr8. Like the program saves all files into some single file, then i you wish to add these files to another map - you use the program again to import this single file and it unpacks the files it contains with their paths etc.

P.S. The replays one is with higher priority, im not sure program #2 is even possible.

Level 9
Ok download a replay like this one. When you open it with the link above, you will see lots of info like Name: Type: Host: Units (info is expandable to see what units were built): Actions, Heros (and their levels): Winner: Loser: , chat log, map picture. In brief: If the program can display exactly the same info as this parser, map and everything, that would be great.

Preferably a program that doesn't run SETUP&installation but can be just unzipped and started. Also associating replays with it so that you can open replays directly. A program that works for every version, this online parser does ot for every version replay.

W3chart doesnt work since 1.23 and WC3masters isnt as detailed as this parser.

As for the 2nd, mapmakers are tired of having to import custom models, skins and files and to have to set the path of each. If a program can just export these files in such a way that remembers the paths of the files, so that on another map you can import all the files with their paths set, that would be gr8. Like the program saves all files into some single file, then i you wish to add these files to another map - you use the program again to import this single file and it unpacks the files it contains with their paths etc.

P.S. The replays one is with higher priority, im not sure program #2 is even possible.
Hmm... Thanks for clearing up, that is some good information. I would like to reply on those two good ideas:

1) This might take a while, particularly having the ability to read replays and then taking on it's information. I'll see how it goes first when I have a good amount of time to do this.
2) This one looks easier, and probably I can implement this on a MPQ Editor, and yes it seems possible. I'm a still bit unclear about it, do you mean exporting the files in a map, and then importing them all with proper directories into another?

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll see what I can do later on.

EDIT:
I am not quite sure if I can even retrieve the name of the file without the listfiles, with some research I can't really find much about it at all. Eventually it is required, however I will continue to see about it.

EDIT 2:
Now I am working on a Warcraft III parser, however it won't be able to load DotA replays. That's it for now.

EDIT 3:
I have brief successfully made a Warcraft III replay parser. It can be obtained here, and of course I will continue to work on it:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/war3-replay-parser-153983/

Last edited:
Level 22
RE:

Yes, I mean you export all files from a map, then make another map where u want the same models&files, you import them in your other map and they automatically have their proper paths set.

RE: Im personally more concerned about the parser. I have some comments:

• What do you think about making the skin/background black, like the website, cause things look better on black and some light colors can't be seen well. Examples of backgrounds are http://w3rep.sourceforge.net/example.php and http://www.demonreps.com/action/ kinda better colors and font color

• In 'General Tab': a Picture of the map would be nice but not a big deal, the program could store images of the most played maps - EI, TS, AI, TR, TM, MV,GW, AZ, PI 2.0 - I can tell you each of them, they are in the MPQ too (except AI, PI 2.0, AZ)

• maybe add images of HU, UD, NE, OR icons responding to their races, Naga for random, you could see replay parser above for what icons, they r in MPQ.

• I noticed an APM difference of +- 5 to 6 compared to other parsers which is still better, coz w3chart had 10-20 difference which was a lot. But it could be even more accurate, dunno why the deviation and if fixable

• add the total actions like see the online parser next to APM it has 2900 actions for example, this is total

• observers information neednt be shown, if they are hidden on default will be nice, but I guess if we want to see all players, it's fine

• are you planning to do auto-open/associate so that replays are loaded here with doubleclick of the replay

the rest is i think great

Level 9
RE:

Yes, I mean you export all files from a map, then make another map where u want the same models&files, you import them in your other map and they automatically have their proper paths set.

RE: Im personally more concerned about the parser. I have some comments:

• What do you think about making the skin/background black, like the website, cause things look better on black and some light colors can't be seen well. Examples of backgrounds are http://w3rep.sourceforge.net/example.php and http://www.demonreps.com/action/ kinda better colors and font color

• In 'General Tab': a Picture of the map would be nice but not a big deal, the program could store images of the most played maps - EI, TS, AI, TR, TM, MV,GW, AZ, PI 2.0 - I can tell you each of them, they are in the MPQ too (except AI, PI 2.0, AZ)

• maybe add images of HU, UD, NE, OR icons responding to their races, Naga for random, you could see replay parser above for what icons, they r in MPQ.

• I noticed an APM difference of +- 5 to 6 compared to other parsers which is still better, coz w3chart had 10-20 difference which was a lot. But it could be even more accurate, dunno why the deviation and if fixable

• add the total actions like see the online parser next to APM it has 2900 actions for example, this is total

• observers information neednt be shown, if they are hidden on default will be nice, but I guess if we want to see all players, it's fine

• are you planning to do auto-open/associate so that replays are loaded here with doubleclick of the replay

the rest is i think great
That is some very good suggestions. Also, thanks for clearing up the idea of exporting all the files from the map and importing them back into another map. I'll attempt to do that if possible. Now I would like to comment about the War3 Replay Parser, it's great to have someone test it :D .

What do you think about making the skin/background black, like the website, cause things look better on black and some light colors can't be seen well. Examples of backgrounds are http://w3rep.sourceforge.net/example.php and http://www.demonreps.com/action/ kinda better colors and font color
I particularly agree you with that point, since some colours are too light to be seen with the background being white. That might be a good one too add.

That is also a good idea too, it seems possible. I'll take that into consideration.

maybe add images of HU, UD, NE, OR icons responding to their races, Naga for random, you could see replay parser above for what icons, they r in MPQ.
I partially get you, but I cannot completely understand what you mean? Do you mean showing a race icon for each player as such? For random races, possibly add a Naga race instead?

I noticed an APM difference of +- 5 to 6 compared to other parsers which is still better, coz w3chart had 10-20 difference which was a lot. But it could be even more accurate, dunno why the deviation and if fixable
I'm not quite sure about this, I was wondering if you could clear up a bit about this. I have found a couple of more assemblies to use through contacting DeerChao, so I'll see about this.

add the total actions like see the online parser next to APM it has 2900 actions for example, this is total
So I'm guessing using time to multiply for every action done per minute (for example 30 minutes, multiplying the APM by 30). That seems possible, and also I will add of what actions does it consist of altogether just to be a bit more accurate. Good idea.

observers information neednt be shown, if they are hidden on default will be nice, but I guess if we want to see all players, it's fine
Hmm... So probably adding a setting to show observers either visible or not, but by default invisible. That sounds like a good idea, considering that it can sometimes clog up the players section, with the replay you have given me (used for testing).

are you planning to do auto-open/associate so that replays are loaded here with doubleclick of the replay
Yes, but I will have trouble adding this into other OS (cross-platform), where Windows will be the only OS to have auto-association with it. It will be possible, but I'm not quite sure with the OS with Mono.

Thanks for the suggestions, really helpful. I'll try to make as much of the fixes or additions for the next version, also with a better interface.

EDIT:
With some research, mini-map images depend on the map, therefore I will have to use that. If it is missing however, I don't think the mini-map image can be found inside the replay file.

Last edited:
Level 9
"I partially get you, but I cannot completely understand what you mean? Do you mean showing a race icon for each player as such? For random races, possibly add a Naga race instead?"

Yes, for players, show a race icon. You could use the Battle.Net ranking icons:
http://classic.battle.net/war3/ladder/w3xp-ladder-info-laddericons.aspx
And i suggest combining icons of the same rank i.e. hu/orc/ud for 25 wins OR hu/ud/orc/ne/random of 150 wins

""
""
""
""
Ah, thanks for the suggestion again (I would rep you again, but I have to wait :( ). Thanks for clearing it up, I'll take that into consideration, very useful advice.

EDIT 1: I am currently finishing up version 1.1a, I will release it soon enough if you want to look at it.
EDIT 2: Hmm... Thanks, I will add more to that as I progress, I am working on the race icons now to finalize it, thanks for the suggestions. I got the assembly updated, I'm not sure but check the APM's again, I don't have much control of it but I'll try.
EDIT 3: New version has released for War3 Replay Parser, version 1.1a.

Last edited:
Level 22
Here are more and mb the final:

• Maybe in addition to APM the program to add number of actions like so, as you can see 4972 actions are counted overall in this replayfor example, next to the APM:

• And here is what more info could be added to display, what strucs, units, what heros and their levels. Also Hero Icons as in the image :)

Nice for the black background, now it's better.

Also:

• i see you added race icons, nice. Could you add hero icons and their levels to be displayed as well? You will need all Melee (not campaign) human, elf, orc, undead and tavern hero icons

• I think images of maps should be not the blank maps but those with minimap stuff like so:
EchoIsles.jpg
instead of

• For APM, it still shows some difference in 1.1a but 4-6 difference is no that much at all, so if it cant be made more accurate it is already 80-90% accurate :)

• add an option that allows you to choose the location (set path) in which the program will browse/open replays

• maybe in the chat log - the name of the player to be his team color

• ---->> in addition to what i mentioned in this post, the final - I had to offer it in the beginning (Sorry!) - could the program be made so that all that information like APM, units, Map image, what races, what heros etc be ALL on one window? Like not grouped in 'Players', 'Chat', Minimap but all in 1 window with somethings already displayed on a single window and others expandable to see more info. If this is done, it will be rly the best parser ever :> Again, you can see the website parser i linked in the beginning for reference - because it is easier and more comfortable when all is on one window

Level 9
Here are more and mb the final:

• Maybe in addition to APM the program to add number of actions like so, as you can see 4972 actions are counted overall in this replayfor example, next to the APM:

• And here is what more info could be added to display, what strucs, units, what heros and their levels. Also Hero Icons as in the image :)

Nice for the black background, now it's better.

Also:

• i see you added race icons, nice. Could you add hero icons and their levels to be displayed as well? You will need all Melee (not campaign) human, elf, orc, undead and tavern hero icons

• I think images of maps should be not the blank maps but those with minimap stuff like so:
EchoIsles.jpg
instead of

• For APM, it still shows some difference in 1.1a but 4-6 difference is no that much at all, so if it cant be made more accurate it is already 80-90% accurate :)

• add an option that allows you to choose the location (set path) in which the program will browse/open replays

• maybe in the chat log - the name of the player to be his team color

• ---->> in addition to what i mentioned in this post, the final - I had to offer it in the beginning (Sorry!) - could the program be made so that all that information like APM, units, Map image, what races, what heros etc be ALL on one window? Like not grouped in 'Players', 'Chat', Minimap but all in 1 window with somethings already displayed on a single window and others expandable to see more info. If this is done, it will be rly the best parser ever :> Again, you can see the website parser i linked in the beginning for reference - because it is easier and more comfortable when all is on one window

Ah, I see. Heaps of suggestions, they seem very helpful (thanks). Glad you like the new background. I would like to suggest a couple of ideas you made:

Possibly I will do these as quick as possible:
  • Adding total number of actions, that I can do quickly.
  • Adding hero icons and levels to that player, that might take some time though.
  • Adding a option to set a path to open or load replays sounds like a great idea. I'll take that into consideration.
  • The chat log is going to get refined with it's interface, but anyhow the name of the player in colour will be taken into consideration.
  • Putting information all in one window sounds like a good idea, might be better to be compiled in HTML or RTF format then viewed afterwards.

Here are things which might take a while, otherwise I must do research with:
  • APM difference, I don't know how accurate I can get it on my own but I will see about this.
  • Adding mini-map information onto the map will take some research too, eventually adding pictures onto the image will take a while.
  • Detailed information will also take quite a while, especially specific actions. I will have to research this, then implement it to use that.

Thanks for the suggestions anyways, I'll take them into mind.

EDIT 1: I have seemed to found a couple of things, I am currently rewriting some code (open source) with cheats. I won't be able to release another version today, but hopefully I can use the documentation to complete the further gaps not added into DeerChao's assembly.

Last edited:
Level 9
You are great man, I don't know why you are trying to do all in one day ;>

Take your time, days, weeks, month(s)
Hmm... Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try to finish it as good as possible anyways (I'm trying to finish it as quick as possible due to other things which will keep me busy during the later weeks, but that doesn't matter now).

Thank you, I'll try to improve it daily anyways ;) .

Last edited:
Level 22
Yeah just know that the replay parser that I linked in the beginning is a summary of all the things im suggesting, so you can download any replays like from wcreplays.com and see what info is displayed. APM difference depends on how the program counts the actions, but if cant be exactly the same, these 5-6 are not a problem.

Level 9
Yeah just know that the replay parser that I linked in the beginning is a summary of all the things im suggesting, so you can download any replays like from wcreplays.com and see what info is displayed. APM difference depends on how the program counts the actions, but if cant be exactly the same, these 5-6 are not a problem.
I can probably do something with the APM, but otherwise it would be so precise that it wouldn't be much of a APM. I can probably gather all the actions, and precisely divide them by the time (in minutes).

Thanks again, those replays will be useful (did a couple of them, worked quite well).

EDIT 1: I have found a way to get a more precise APM count, now it is 1-2 difference (either upper or lower).

Last edited:
Level 9
Cool, though more than 1 replay needs to be seen. LIke on one replay you may have 2 difference, on another 5. But if you made it even more accurate, that's awesome, it really becomes no issue if it is only +/- 2
Hmm... Tested quite a couple; usually they would take the same exact APM as it would on Warcraft III Replay Parser for PHP (http://w3rep.sourceforge.net/example.php?). However one seemed very off the hook, over the 1-2 difference (and I'm not sure why).

Also, which source are you using to compare the two replays in finding the difference? Thanks.

EDIT 1: Now it has seem to got worse, I think I need to filter the actions to get it right (with more testing of other replays).
EDIT 2: I can't really find much of what is wrong with the comparisons, from reading the documentation. I'm not quite sure why it is going wrong.

Last edited:
Level 9
I noticed wcreplays.com and above link, they show the same APM for the same replay. For the difference I compare w3rep.sourceforge.. with your program. 1-2 difference to max 5 is fine imo, you can leave it like that if it cant get any more accurate.
Thanks for the reply, that is what I am also using. Comparing to the Warcraft III Replay Parser for PHP scripts to Deerchao's War3Share replay parser, I have edited the code to make it more accurate as possible comparing to both of the replay parsers.

At the moment I have got it go to 1-2 difference quite well (most of the time), but in some times 1-5 difference. There is a chance it will even hit the right number.

Level 9
I think that's just fine, gj with the APM. Take your time with the rest and happy 2010, I'll comment next year ;>
You too man, happy new year for 2010 and good luck! For now the last thing I will do for version 1.1b is a better chat interface. Once I gather sufficient information, I will attempt to put it into one document compiled by the program.

Thanks for the help, comments, feedback and suggestions. :D

Level 9
PM me when you want me to review the tool.
Currently it isn't far enough in production to get approved, in my opinion.

So I will wait until its good enough, so don't think its getting neglected in the tools section.
Ah, thanks for the message. I'll take that into mind, and of course there is still a long way to go before it is ready enough for good use. Most likely I will try to get it done in a few weeks time, before I am intervened.

Thanks for the message, and a happy new year to you!

EDIT 1: Version 1.1b for War3 Replay Parser has been released. I will most likely move up a revision to 1.1c before I go to version 1.2 for the next version.
EDIT 2: Version 1.1c won't have significant changes to version 1.1c, but intends to prepare for the next version. Total actions has been added, and currently will be preparing for more complex information about the players section on version 1.2. The release is most likely coming out tomorrow. The next version will take longer, also taking further analysis with War3Share assembly.

Last edited:
Level 22
APm difference is +/- 3 and that's not bad. I would suggest making the chat font color white instead of lightb blue, the color of the players in chat matching their team color is fine. The rest would be what I suggested in the long post with the screenshot and bullets

Level 9
APm difference is +/- 3 and that's not bad. I would suggest making the chat font color white instead of lightb blue, the color of the players in chat matching their team color is fine. The rest would be what I suggested in the long post with the screenshot and bullets
Hmm... I see. I could probably add that before I upload version 1.1c, and the suggestions you made before are very useful (trying to follow them up slowly in the long-run).

That is a good idea, I will make the message white (I will leave time to a light blue just to vary the colour, but I'm not sure about this). Thanks for the suggestions again.

Level 22
• Please note that when I mean replacing the no-signs maps with the images of maps that have their gold mines, shops, start locations displayed - shouldn't it be easy to replace the map images you added with the images of maps that have mines, shops, etc.

Here are the maps which images the program must have:
(4)LostTemple.w3m (RoC folder), (2)EchoIsles.w3x, (2)TerenasStand.w3x, (2)MeltingValley.w3x, (2)SecretValley.w3x, (4)Avalanche.w3x, (4)TurtleRock.w3x, (4)TwistedMeadows.w3x, (6)GnollWood.w3x + http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=kazo9v these NON-BNet but very played.

• May I ask in the 'Credits', where it says 'TheTerran' to become 'TheTerran (ImpactoR)' w/o quotes just to add the name with the brackets next to it cause im known like that in the world of gaming, capital I, capital R, we should then make ppl use the program instead of other programs ;>

NEWSFLASH for the latest vers.:

On 1st replay
Player 1 APM (War3Parser) = APM (Online Parser) + 3
Player 2 APM (War3Parser) = APM (Online Parser) + 1

On 2nd replay:
Player 1 APM (War3Parser) = APM (Online Parser) exactly
Player 2 APM (War3Parser) = APM (Online Parser) exactly

On 3rd replay:
Player 2 APM (War3Parser) = APM (Online Parser) +1

On 4th replay:

On 5th replay:
Player 1 APM (War3Parser) = APM (Online Parser) -1

On 6th replay:

It seems the difference may be based on numbers after the decimal point such as 0.38753974398 that may change it with +/-3 when acquring the average, the APM calculation seems to be accurate enough and doesn't need further. Now probably add the total actions that I showed in the screenshots.

Last edited:
Level 9
• Please note that when I mean replacing the no-signs maps with the images of maps that have their gold mines, shops, start locations displayed - shouldn't it be easy to replace the map images you added with the images of maps that have mines, shops, etc.

Here are the maps which images the program must have:
(4)LostTemple.w3m (RoC folder), (2)EchoIsles.w3x, (2)TerenasStand.w3x, (2)MeltingValley.w3x, (2)SecretValley.w3x, (4)Avalanche.w3x, (4)TurtleRock.w3x, (4)TwistedMeadows.w3x, (6)GnollWood.w3x + http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=kazo9v these NON-BNet but very played.

• May I ask in the 'Credits', where it says 'TheTerran' to become 'TheTerran (ImpactoR)' w/o quotes just to add the name with the brackets next to it cause im known like that in the world of gaming, capital I, capital R, we should then make ppl use the program instead of other programs ;>

NEWSFLASH for the latest vers.:

On 1st replay
Player 1 APM (War3Parser) = APM (Online Parser) + 3
Player 2 APM (War3Parser) = APM (Online Parser) + 1

On 2nd replay:

On 3rd replay:

On 4th replay:

On 5th replay:
Player 1 APM (War3Parser) = APM (Online Parser) -1

On 6th replay:

It seems the difference may be based on numbers after the decimal point such as 0.38753974398 that may change it with +/-3 when acquring the average, the APM calculation seems to be accurate enough and doesn't need further. Now probably add the total actions that I showed in the screenshots.
Hmm... Thanks for the information, I would like to reply with a few things. I will be continuing to make the APM as accurate as possible in the future, once I get more information from the players I should be able to analyse what is wrong with the incorrect numbers. The actions vary significantly in total, comparing to the Warcraft III Replay Parser for PHP; again I will analyse this too.

Possibly melee maps, yes. What I have discovered in Warcraft III Replay Parser for PHP is that they access Battle.net's mini-map files with icons if possible; the MPQ of the map does not contain them, eventually the game just initializes them to be viewed. I will try however, but this might take a while.

No problem, it has been done :D.

Thanks for the suggestions again, the next version (1.2) will definitely have some more detailed information, mainly on the players and hopefully some accuracy :) .

EDIT 1: War3 Replay Parser 1.1c has been released, with just minor changes and additions. The next version will take quite some time, but hopefully I can get it to view much more detailed player's information along the way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.