• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Andy's Programming Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9

:fp: Programming Plans

I thought I might want to put my plans in programming here. During the creation of Modelicious, I have decided to create a pack of tools being rather useful and more superior than the last of my programs. I have many in stock, however I have added this to keep track of the progress. Programmed in .NET Framework, I would like to finalize my skills of programming in this area and make useful programs which could be used easier for everyday Warcraft III use. My aim is to create a useful pack of tools being better than Modelicious which will be renamed to "War3 Tools X".

:fp: Project Plans:

I have many in stock to create, hopefully to be finish later this year. Programs which have been currently being suggested or have been planned by me as follows:

MPQ Editor​
Availability: Currently available here in stable BETA. Can be obtained here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/mpq-editor-131707/

Basically, it is a program which can load MPQ files with editing features, however I aspect to be with a more useful interface and rather user-friendly features as such. It has already being released with many bug fixes documented and many changes added, and can be found in the Tools section. Most likely it will require fixes with the interface and additional features to its perspective, however the features remain stable.

Most likely, it will resume in a few weeks with better interface features and some powerful unique features. For now it is pending.

attachment.php

The current version is 0.7c, however it is expected to release another version, version 0.8 BETA.

Colourizer​
Availability: Now available in Alpha.

The Colourizer has the ability to generate code which can be used to have some colour effect as such, such as Warcraft III. I have also planned to do just more than that, with more features like the ability to generate HTML code and what this forum uses, BB Code which will be prepared, ready to use. Here's a tiny screenshot of version 0.2 Alpha however:

attachment.php

It is now obtainable through this link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/colourizer-135506/
The current version is version 0.3a.

Image Editor​
Availability: Not available currently; under construction of many things.

The Image Editor will have the ability to load BLP files and other formats too (BMP or TGA files for example) and will have the ability to edit them, such as drawing on them and using tools to change the image perspectives. I have left it on hold for busy reasons, however I have currently have added a ability to draw on a image; the ability to load BLP hasn't been implemented, however I will add that soon. Another preview which I will refer soon!

attachment.php

:fp: Future Creations:

I have also intended to more stock in my programming lists in War3 Tools X. I would like to thank vercas for the heavy suggestions and support, with these programs which are definitely or will be experimenting in the creation through the .NET Framework:

• Model Viewer (I know its hard to create one in VB.Net, however it seems possible through suggestions from Magos)
  • SLK Viewer and Editor (independent)
  • Warcraft III Interceptor (hooker)
  • Map Patcher
  • Version 1.23 -> 1.24 Map Converter

If you have suggestions, I'm glad to hear them. At the moment I'm relatively busy with these programs, however you can give it a shout or a comment if you wish. Useful suggestions will be appreciated and may be taken into note. Most likely, the release will come later this year or the start of 2010 (no further then that).

:fp: Credits and Thanks:

Yes, I would like to thank these users for their time which they have contributed well, with some being very massive helpers which have made the applications well-made with time and energy. I would like to thank:

• Magos
  • Hawkwing
  • Element of Water
  • Pyritie
  • Barathrum
  • Vercas
  • wereguy2

Also, special thanks to Pyramidhe@d for finding usefulness in some of my programming, and vercas for massive suggestions which I have also being listed in my further programming and one of them being worked on (Colourizer).

More will be in stock and will be updated regularly if anything happens, so hopefully enjoy and thanks for listening! Thanks to those who helped overall, the progress is swinging well! :wink:

Andy Phan (pha0001).

Attachments

• pic1.png
    pic1.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 359
  • pic2.png
    pic2.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 325
  • pic3.png
    pic3.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
CD Key Finder
Not sure that is a legal tool. Also what is the point as you can always reinstall till you find the right key if you are like me.

Also does your MPQ editor support the creation / editing of MPQs via hash only? Most MPQ editors require a "name" which actually has no function as MPQs are searched via hash and not name. Thus what I am asking is can I modify / add files via hash only or will it suffer from the same bug all MPQ editors suffer where it tries to give each file random and inaccurate names so that they save to the wrong hash or crash?

Level 9
Not sure that is a legal tool. Also what is the point as you can always reinstall till you find the right key if you are like me.

Also does your MPQ editor support the creation / editing of MPQs via hash only? Most MPQ editors require a "name" which actually has no function as MPQs are searched via hash and not name. Thus what I am asking is can I modify / add files via hash only or will it suffer from the same bug all MPQ editors suffer where it tries to give each file random and inaccurate names?
Yes, thanks for that. I was just wondering for a experiment for such deeper things, but I see your point and I understand it. Glad you pointed out that, and thanks ;) . Should be removed however I will see how it goes later. (+rep).

For the MPQ Editor, I will be returning soon and I have considered about it, especially in Storm functions. For the creation of MPQ through hash, you have the ability to edit the hashtable size, I'm not sure what your saying (I wonder if you could simplify it, I get what you are saying but never really experienced yet).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Most MPQ editors do not give you control over the hash used to store the files, only their name which indirectly affects the hash. In the case of something like the patch .mpq or a damaged map where the names have been removed it creates names for the file not at all related to their hash so when you save it will crash or save the files incorrectly.

I was asking if your mpq editor allows the user to manipulate files stored in the archive via only their hash and not their name so that you can fully customize your archive to your standards.

Level 9
Most MPQ editors do not give you control over the hash used to store the files, only their name which indirectly affects the hash. In the case of something like the patch .mpq or a damaged map where the names have been removed it creates names for the file not at all related to their hash so when you save it will crash or save the files incorrectly.

I was asking if your mpq editor allows the user to manipulate files stored in the archive via only their hash and not their name so that you can fully customize your archive to your standards.

Hmm... I see, I will check to see. I think it uses its name, however I can make a wrapper for Storm and finally see that it will use hash to manipulate files rather than just by their names. Thanks for the simplification. At the moment I'm learning how to use C++ unmanageable code (Win32) to .NET, so a update should be come soon once I learn how to do this.

Last edited:
Level 9
All those three have been done to death (Well, the last one hasn't, but it doesn't need to be with theGIMP and Photoshop in existence).
Okay, thanks for the suggestions. I will attempt to think of newer ideas which have not being created yet, and the painting should be basic otherwise. Currently I'm working on the Colourizer and soon it should be ready with all three types. It should also be able to be copied with BBCode, which is also used in this forum.

- EDIT: Updated! Colourizer is now being released as Open Alpha, however it seems stable :D -

Last edited:
Level 9
Unfortunately, many of us don't have a few hundred lieing around for us to spend on picture software. (At least I don't.)
I like these very much.
If I do get time, I probably could. For now, I'm busy making maps, but for the long-run that doesn't mean I cannot make one. Thanks for liking them, I may add more or update them at a later time.

Level 9
GIMP is awesome. That is all.
You got a point there, but for the easiness I prefer to use Paint.NET anyway. If everyone wishes so, I would be pleasing to hear what I should make out of War3 Tools X; I am busy, but at least school holidays is near.

The only update now I have done is adding the current versions to the first post, I'm sure to update them further during my spare time.

Level 9
Fuck gimp, and raster graphics along with it. Inkscape FTW.
That is why I use Paint.NET; it is rather complicated and for some reason I don't need such an interface spread everywhere. I have seen someone use InkScape, seems very fun to use such as paints and inks as such.

Level 26
Random program request!

Could you make something like a digital lightbox? So basically a bare bones paint program where you can set the opacity of the entire application. So you can trace everything on the screen, have faster ref pictures and all that. Pressure sensitivity and all that aren't needed.

If ye could, I would applaud you, steal your program, share it with the world and take all credit. If you can't, I mock your standing as a man.

Level 9
Random program request!

Could you make something like a digital lightbox? So basically a bare bones paint program where you can set the opacity of the entire application. So you can trace everything on the screen, have faster ref pictures and all that. Pressure sensitivity and all that aren't needed.

If ye could, I would applaud you, steal your program, share it with the world and take all credit. If you can't, I mock your standing as a man.
Like always, I'm confused of what the first perspective is. Probably a clearer understanding as such, or a example (a screenshot or picture would do best); sorry, I tend to understand pictures a lot better than just words. I sort of get you, but I need some understanding so that I can see what I can make. Thanks for the request.

I can probably start on it as soon school nearly ends, which is like a week and a half now.

Level 12
^^^^
Like a microsoft paint that is actually useful, for like drawing 3-D and stuff.

Drawing DIRECTLY on .blp would also be very nice. Especially for my friend. When I ask him to convert it to all these filetypes jsut so he can edit it, he just has no idea and acts all noobish.

Status
Not open for further replies.