• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help me find a program for a specific purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello
I am into animal husbandry and I am planning on selective breeding some of my stock. I need a program which can help me in creating a breed registry (similar to a stud book). I am asking here because I am under the impression that some folk here have good knowledge of computers. So please help me if you can.

I did some google search but I was unable to find a program that fits my criteria. It is unlikely that a specific program exists for this purpose (I will be a much happier man if it does, or if someone decides to make one). I am looking for a program with these features:

1. can make and edit spreadsheets
2. can include images inside or along the spreadsheets (this is very important)
3. can export spreadsheets into pdf (easier to share with other breeders)
4. makes some sort of data tree with interlinked pages (like a wiki)
5. includes a calendar, like a blog where I can access the entries I've made according to date
6. Also, it should be free to use

If you know a program that even comes close then please tell me, it will make my life and my work much easier.

Thanks

Level 15
According with your needs, I've found the idea you have:

http://www.lpzoo.org/conservation-s...r-applied-population-biology/software/poplink

Taking into account you want a free software, the best approach to your needs consists in a database application, mainly Libreoffice and the base component.

maxresdefault.jpg

Of course, you have to setup and configure the data structure to fit you horse breed needs, but at the end you'll have full control in how it will work.

I hope it helps :)

Level 11
Thank you for the quick response!
Both links are very helpful. Poplink is dead on!
LibreOffice appears to be user friendly from the screenshots. It looks I can add pictures into the database. Perhaps with some reading I can configure it myself. In case I can't then I know where to ask for help.
Thanks once again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.