• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Why dont programs work if copied from another pc or external?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
A while ago i did a backup off all my programs and documents before my pc died...

Some of these programs will not work if i copy them back to program files...

EG microsoft office doesnt work as it isnt installed?
And i cant re-install as it was on my pc when i bought it.

If anyone can offer help on how to get these programs to work i would appreciate it...

Level 21
Open Office has some problems when it comes to creating clean diagrams (you know: arrows from 1 box to another). But the only documents I ever make only require "basic" text markup, everything I can do with google docs. And for basic things (basically anything you can do when posting a reply here) google docs > anything else because your files are available everywhere and can be shared.

Level 8
That's a surprise. Microsoft made another OS with basic compatability issues? REALLY? *cough*monopoly*cough*

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

If Office came with your computer, you ought to have an install disc which contains it. So I'm guessing you didn't install all the discs that came with the computer.

Level 21
If you don't have CD's from office and your OS when you have bought the pc, you must have a recovery partition of about 5 gig that allows you to reset your computer to its retail defaults. Sometimes the partition is hidden (packard bell pc's, for example) but they have a tool installed that allows you to reset your computer. You can probably access it by going to start > Programs > Packard bell. I'm not on a bell pc atm, so I don't know the exact location. Other pc's might have something similar.

If you already formated your drives, you probably lost your recovery partition...

If you still can't find it, sue the one who sold the computer :p

Level 3
im getting office 07 off a friend... cause i really hate openoffice and windwos 7 also hates it
well i want to use office 2003... cause openoffice is a load of $#!t...
looks like you had a couple typos in those quotes, i believe you meant to say
im getting openoffice off http://openoffice.org... cause i really hate microsoft and windows 7 is vista after kemo, some of the cancer is gone but its still got a long road to recovery ahead of it, plus they discovered that it has aids...
well i want to use openoffice ... cause windows is a load of $#!t...

Status
Not open for further replies.