• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What means this error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I'm starting to hate the JNGPs, but I still need use them because I use 1.26 and I advanced too much with it to change it now, but now this error apears when I try to test my map

1625113982895.png

And I got corrupted various of my maps before so I refuse to continue if I don't find the problem, here is my map:

Attachments

• The escape of draenei vBeta23.w3x
    4.5 MB · Views: 10
Level 24
Level 24
If you were to open your map using MPQEditor, you would find a file named war3map.w3u. This file contains all your custom unit object data. Deleting the file from the map enabled it to run because some custom unit data was probably either corrupted or one of its fields was set to some obscure value.
What will happen when i do that? will I lose my custom units (there are a lot)?

Level 29
What will happen when i do that? will I lose my custom units (there are a lot)?
Yes, because if you open the map with World Editor, you can see all "TRIGSTR" things.
I have confirmed that when I want to edit the melee map to contain modified stuffs by importing war3map.w3u, most custom unit data are labelled as "TRIGSTR". See the picture below.

Attachments

• TRIGSTR.jpg
    TRIGSTR.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 15
Level 29
Wait, this problem started because I created a variable (user-defined) called "TRG_STR", "TRG_STR_ENG" and "TRG_STR_ESP", and after I used it so much times, could that have relation?
It's possible that having objects or triggers with "TRIGSTR" (assuming you've imported the "war3map.w3u") might cause the map to be unplayable.
I heard that people encountered this kind of issue before:
[Crash] - Object Editor texts' are gone
Some said you'll have to replace TriggerData.txt with the ones from the older version assuming you've edited it earlier, but I don't know if this trick still work because it's not even related to "war3map.w3u", but the "war3map.wts" (String Data).

Level 29
I didn't imported any file, I just created that variables (they are array and they should look in Jass like udg_TRG_STR[]), but at the end, what should be my best option?
I don't know if this might be reason the map is corrupted, but you said udg_TRG_STR thing is related to "war3map.wts" file and not "war3map.w3u" or "war3map.wtg".

Level 29
Perhaps it would be a lot easier if you just updated to last patch, since there's no reason to be stuck at 1.26, which is mostly only used by people who didn't buy the game.
Basically the map is for the people who didn't buy the game.
I heard that updating to the latest patch higher than 1.26 will make the problem in custom map and campaign even worse because of the following bugs (confirmed on 1.31 only):
1.31.1 [Bug] Loading saved games breaks some unit events
Warcraft 3 Black Screen Bug
As I mentioned earlier, I really don't suggest updating your game to the latest patch due to those bugs if you want mapmaking.
Some triggers (especially unit event) are likely broken after loading your saves, while the others can cause black screen upon exiting your game (memory leak).
Also, I forgive you about your frustration with the problem. This is related to the World Editor issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.