• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

After patch 1.21a-1.22a Script Error's Occur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have been asking about this before but now I got some more information. On my computer which is Windows 7 64bit with a Swedish OS I start getting compile errors in the map script. I have been checking stuff out and now it's clear that this patch causes the problem. When I first patched up to 1.26 I got the error after three days and now it has happened for the third time. The problem is that the Script reads " , " instead of " . " for some reason.
So instead of
JASS:
    set gg_dest_ATg1_0006 = CreateDestructable( 'ATg1', -256.0, 0.0, 270.000, 0.900, 0 )

I get this:
JASS:
    set gg_dest_ATg1_0006 = CreateDestructable( 'ATg1', -256,0, 0,0, 270,000, 0,900, 0 )

In Sweden we do use " , " instead of " . " when it comes to parts of values i.e. 5½ is written 5,50 instead of 5.50. However switching to English didn't solve my problem.

Now is there anybody whom got any ideas on how to solve this issue? It renders my Editor useless. If not I'll just have to re-install and use a earlier patch instead. At least I can make maps then.

EDIT. I forgot to mention, the error is caused by a Frozen Throne patch not a Reign of Chaos patch. I could patch up to 1.26 RoC without Editor compile errors.

Level 23
in patch 1.26 it should work normally
by the way, if you are using CreateDestructable, I assume you are doing custom script or Jass because editor uses CreateDestructableLoc

replace , decimal sign with .
I dont know of programming language that takes , as decimal sign

It doesnt matter from where you are, the programming concepts remains the same

if the problem remains, maybe try using JNGP instead, I have 1.26 and am using JNGP and he changes values with deciamls to x.y so that should work

Level 4
in patch 1.26 it should work normally
It doesn't though. I still get the error even on patch 1.26 via Battle.net

by the way, if you are using CreateDestructable, I assume you are doing custom script or Jass because editor uses CreateDestructableLoc
This is the map script not JASS. I don't use JASS. I have no program to do JASS. I don't even know how to code JASS. This is the same script which shows up if you use Export Script.

if the problem remains, maybe try using JNGP instead, I have 1.26 and am using JNGP and he changes values with deciamls to x.y so that should work
But this is a map script generated from placing stuff in the editor, not using JASS coding.

Is there some way to export map script, change it manually and import it back into the map?

Level 23
yes there is
this is really weird, but again, what to expect from blizzard :D
one way of doing it is copying the code generated and placing it to some trigger within the InitTrig part
however, you will have to delete all those preplaced
I cant help you further because I never experienced such a glitch, maybe someone has some experience with this
the alternative is using english version of the game

Level 4
yes there is
this is really weird, but again, what to expect from blizzard :D
one way of doing it is copying the code generated and placing it to some trigger within the InitTrig part
however, you will have to delete all those preplaced
I cant help you further because I never experienced such a glitch, maybe someone has some experience with this
the alternative is using english version of the game
I suppose I can test that.

I already got an English version of the game with English patches. There's no Swedish version.

Level 4
As I told him before, it appears that the localization of the opperating system (which uses ',' as the decimal delimiter) is leaking into the JASS compiler.

JNGP might help as that has JassHelper to compile the JASS script.
I know that I should probably stop repeating myself over this issue and I'm sorry for clogging up the forum. It's just so frustrating that I don't seem to be able to make it work! I know the problem occurs after this patch and later patches doesn't fix the issue. I know that changing my local doesn't work. :vw_sad:

So this JNGP program... how does it work with the editor? :eekani:

The problem lies somewhere in the editor as I'm not programming anything in JASS only GUI and placing out units. Even if I try to save an older map which didn't had any problems, when I save it, it gets them. :goblin_wtf:

Anyway I appreciate all the answers I can get.

Level 23
JNGP is like external tool that starts normal editor and injects its processes to normal editor
JNGP has many advantages over normal editor and the only one is that your antivirus may think that JNGP is virus which it isnt
and you cant access Key(...) in GUI while setting parent or childkey in hashtabled in GUI

Level 4
JNGP is like external tool that starts normal editor and injects its processes to normal editor
JNGP has many advantages over normal editor and the only one is that your antivirus may think that JNGP is virus which it isnt
and you cant access Key(...) in GUI while setting parent or childkey in hashtabled in GUI

What is Key(...)? How do I work around that JNGP doesn't work with it?

Edit. it makes me nervous that my Anti-Virus warns me that there's 3 viruses in the JNGP files...

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Edit. it makes me nervous that my Anti-Virus warns me that there's 3 viruses in the JNGP files...
Do not worry, this is because you want it to act virus like. JNGP works by injecting code into WorldEdit (the enhancements). As viruses behave like this, a good antivirus will warn you about it. It is entirely intentional as that is how JNGP works (the makers did not have the source code of WorldEdit so could only inject code to enhance it).

Any program that injects anything, harmless or dangerous, will be flagged as a virus. I can assure you that JNGP downloaded from an official site (WC3Campaigns or TheHelper) will be 100% safe. I have used JNGP for years now over multiple computers and nothing bad has happened. It will not send net-traffic so cannot possibly be a key logger. It is called a "false positive", safe software that looks like it could be dangerous (by the way it functions) but in reality will do nothing dangerous at all.

As another example, many anti-virus programs will also flag Steam as a Trojan/virus. This is also a false positive as Valve (the people behind Steam) are a highly reputable company.

Level 4
Do not worry, this is because you want it to act virus like. JNGP works by injecting code into WorldEdit (the enhancements). As viruses behave like this, a good antivirus will warn you about it. It is entirely intentional as that is how JNGP works (the makers did not have the source code of WorldEdit so could only inject code to enhance it).

Any program that injects anything, harmless or dangerous, will be flagged as a virus. I can assure you that JNGP downloaded from an official site (WC3Campaigns or TheHelper) will be 100% safe. I have used JNGP for years now over multiple computers and nothing bad has happened. It will not send net-traffic so cannot possibly be a key logger. It is called a "false positive", safe software that looks like it could be dangerous (by the way it functions) but in reality will do nothing dangerous at all.

As another example, many anti-virus programs will also flag Steam as a Trojan/virus. This is also a false positive as Valve (the people behind Steam) are a highly reputable company.

Thanks for you reassurance. I downloaded the program and out the folder into Exceptions in my anti-virus program.

Edit: I am at my wit's end here... I'm running the JNGP editor but the script still puts , instead of . in the script, which continues to cause trouble. This time it was just 1 Create Unit error but I could see in the rest of the code that it was still using , instead of . I feel like giving up now.:goblin_cry:

Edit 2: I tried to have the script as a Custom script but that didn't help. :vw_sad:

Edit 3. It... it works now? I am happy, confused and uncertain all at once. I simply changed the pre-defined decimal sign in the language settings from , to . and now the script compiles correctly, both in the standard editor and the JNGP editor.:grin:

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Edit 3. It... it works now? I am happy, confused and uncertain all at once. I simply changed the pre-defined decimal sign in the language settings from , to . and now the script compiles correctly, both in the standard editor and the JNGP editor.
Maybe the change takes time to propigate? Anyway I am glad the orignal solution finally started working. I do admit that I tried it and it also appeared to not work but it is great news that it worked in the end.

Level 4
Maybe the change takes time to propigate? Anyway I am glad the orignal solution finally started working. I do admit that I tried it and it also appeared to not work but it is great news that it worked in the end.

I am surprised too because I'm sure I changed the decimal sign when I changed language and local. Of course I changed first to English then changed the sign that time but I'm not sure how that would cause a problem. Anyway, it'll be exciting to see how long this solution works /sarcasm Seriously though, I do hope that no more problems will occur.

I also updated differently this time. I patched Reign of Chaos to 1.26 and then patched The Frozen Throne manually to 1.22 before I patched it up to 1.26 via Battle.net

Status
Not open for further replies.