• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

What is your favourite song at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Probably one of my favorite songs from start to finish... the song gets really good around the middle of it :D

Please listen to the whole thing if u would like :D hehe

Level 25
-Berz- I listened to that song like 7 years ago.

Yeah, damn you Berz, listening to old songs. I mean, fuck Metallica, AC/DC, Iron Maiden and all that kind of old stupid crap. It is so old, it has to suck.

You gotta go with the flow, POP-music is the way to go my friend!

To stay on topic: My currently favourite hardstyle song.

Level 8
Urbandub, a filipino local band:) love them because they also have a female bassist
This is their song called The Fight Is Over

Fireflight! my favorite! their vocalist's name is Dawn too:)
THis is my favorite song For THose Who Wait

Level 22
well I like hard rock/slow rock/metal, everything but not hip hop...

Time for some hip hop!

99% of the people who say they don't like hip hop have only ever heard Lil' Wayne rap.
Same goes for anyone trashtalking any other genre. Ignorance at its best.

And this is pretty cool:

Even cooler:

Last edited:
Level 13
I've only ever heard one rap that I like (One Night in Bangkok). Therefore, I can say that I generally dislike the genre. That does not make me ignorant. You are being quite ignorant by generalising to make a counter-argument against generalising.

Level 11
Someone say amazing drummer?

Im guessing that the pianist is really good?

lol ne way, it totally looked like all of em were drunk when they were playing

The drummer looked super high and was heading bobbing the entire song

The dude with that cello instrument well... idk wth he was doing... looked like he was about to fall on his instrument though

but the pianist... lol he was all over the place when he was playing... unless its natural for u to move like that when playing... :p

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Im guessing that the pianist is really good?

lol ne way, it totally looked like all of em were drunk when they were playing

The drummer looked super high and was heading bobbing the entire song

The dude with that cello instrument well... idk wth he was doing... looked like he was about to fall on his instrument though

but the pianist... lol he was all over the place when he was playing... unless its natural for u to move like that when playing... :p
Obviously you're no musician. These are seriously respected musicians, Billy Martin (the drummer) has been refered to as one of the world's finest drummers by Modern Drummer Magazine.
They looking odd is due to the fact that they're quite lost in the sound. It's very common with jazz musicians.
Use the expressive pianist Keith Jarrett as a frame of reference.
As he plays he may look like a complete retard, however anyone with an ear for music can hear he's a genius.
And thensome I might add. I found a rather interesting quotation that describes this quite well.
He is literally having sexual intercourse with the piano. Notice his moaning sounds, he's basically having a jazz orgasm.
This also applies to Medeski, Martin and Wood, they live and breathe their music. Combining this incredible gift with their natural talent forms their unique sound.
Truly inspirational if you ask me.

However, if you're interested in pure technique, give this video a go. Jojo Mayer, a quite interesting drummer to say the least. Incredibly tight grooves.

Level 11
Obviously you're no musician. These are seriously respected musicians, Billy Martin (the drummer) has been refered to as one of the world's finest drummers by Modern Drummer Magazine.
They looking odd is due to the fact that they're quite lost in the sound. It's very common with jazz musicians.
Use the expressive pianist Keith Jarrett as a frame of reference.
As he plays he may look like a complete retard, however anyone with an ear for music can hear he's a genius.
And thensome I might add. I found a rather interesting quotation that describes this quite well.
He is literally having sexual intercourse with the piano. Notice his moaning sounds, he's basically having a jazz orgasm.
This also applies to Medeski, Martin and Wood, they live and breathe their music. Combining this incredible gift with their natural talent forms their unique sound.
Truly inspirational if you ask me.

However, if you're interested in pure technique, give this video a go. Jojo Mayer, a quite interesting drummer to say the least. Incredibly tight grooves.

How does my opinion have anything to do with me being a musician? i don't really listen to that music.. and i did hear some notes in that video that weren't place right, were u offended or something? i just thought they were drunk when they were playing is all i'm stating :p, as for the other bands u presented... more talent then ur previous song/video IMO.. just don't take my opinion the wrong way.. :D hehe

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
How does my opinion have anything to do with me being a musician? i don't really listen to that music.. and i did hear some notes in that video that weren't place right, were u offended or something? i just thought they were drunk when they were playing is all i'm stating :p, as for the other bands u presented... more talent then ur previous song/video IMO.. just don't take my opinion the wrong way.. :D hehe
Oh no, I was not offended, I simply pointed out that your oppinion pointed towards the fact that you weren't a musician. I'm discussing for the sake of it, mind you. Music is a huge passion for me you see. Which leads me to questions about this last statement. You heard notes that weren't placed right? I do not think this is the case, I can however imagine you are unfamiliar with jazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.