• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Crash] what is wrong with these maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
in one of them there is building that cause a crash when it is selected after it is built. another crash the game when it is on the build menu. in another there is building that cause a crash when built with the undead build system only. please help me out without getting me punished for something i havent done.

Attachments

• all races3.w3x
    3.7 MB · Views: 58
  • faction war alpha14.w3x
    5.3 MB · Views: 84
Level 21
the buildings that crash the game doesnt use any triggers. the buildings in faction war uses warcraft 3 models. the building that crash all races uses a custom model but it doesnt crash when built in the orc way, only when built the undead way. if you do want to look at the triggers you can check them out in the map.

Level 9
does your builder has the required ability of that specific race to build? as example if you're building an undead building, does your builder has the 'Restore' ability equivalent of Repair on Human or Orc? try compare your builder's abilities with the default builder on each race (peasant/grunt/acolyte/wisp). while on that, try compare your building with respective race's building, see if there's data field that need to be filled.

Level 21
i have now tested that and it crash without the custom model as well so that means that it likely isnt the custom model. i posted the map so that people can look at it for me. it is much easier to find the issue by looking at the map directly. please look at it and post either a solution or a fixed map.

Level 21
sure. i keep forgetting that people cant read my mind. in all races the capitol cause a crash when built by the ritual builder.(gnoll faction) in faction war the law blacksmith i believe crash the game if it is on the build menu.(information is on the loading screen though.) the animal barracks crash the game when it is selected after its construction is complete. there could be others though that i dont know of yet. please help me out.

Level 26
With the ritual builder, it's a combination of his build type and the village/capitol/etc having the Gold Mine (Agld) ability instead of Hexed Goldmine (Abgm) you are supposed to use when summoning on top of a gold mine.

As for the "law Blacksmith org", it requires the "village Hall Faction choice", which upgrades to "Town hall good faction choice", which upgrades to "Command core faction choice", which upgrades to "Vanguard from level 1 buildings". When you convert the last one to a building, you can see that it can be upgraded, too. I have not further tracked it but it's kinda obvious you get into a loop at some point, which is why wc3 closes without any message.

It's similar for the "Animal barracks". At least "Animal townhall level 3 sheep only" you come across depends on itself.

Level 21
why do the animal barracks crash the game. buildings that upgrade into units work even if they upgrade back into the building. the village hall faction choice is the building that law starts with after being chosen from the tavern. i need to know how to solve the issues so please provide either a solution or a map where the bugs are fixed.

Level 26
As for the "law Blacksmith org", it requires the "village Hall Faction choice", which upgrades to "Town hall good faction choice", which upgrades to "Command core faction choice", which upgrades to "Vanguard from level 1 buildings". When you convert the last one to a building, you can see that it can be upgraded, too. I have not further tracked it but it's kinda obvious you get into a loop at some point, which is why wc3 closes without any message.

It's similar for the "Animal barracks". At least "Animal townhall level 3 sheep only" you come across depends on itself.

As I have written before, you have cycling dependencies. What do you even think the field "Tech-Tree - Dependency (Equivalency)" is for? I do not know it myself but am pretty sure you do not need it. It's only used for ability morphing from normal to alternate form.

Level 26
Not the animal barracks directly, but they have units listed that get inited as well as soon as the barracks appear because they need to pass information to the barracks like button pos, descriptions and costs. And those units may again have other objects listed and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.