• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is Blizzard doing with Custom Campaign Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I bought Warcraft lll reforged with my money
and now I can't play custom campign on reforged...?
Instead, I have to download here alternative version...
what the f*ck.. is doing blizzard...?
Why do I have to pay and get deprived of custom campign mode..?
The alternative version here contains a bit of trigger errors...
Even if there were no erros, its their fault that they got rid of custom campin mode in reforged...
is blizzard just a bystander..? Do they know this and doing nothing..? I guess this is not very hard matter to fix

Level 29
Do not attempt to spam the thread. I can tell you custom campaigns on Reforged is not available, unless you are using QM, which is a buggy.
If you want older versions of Warcraft III (non-Reforged) with working custom campaigns, please refer to this:

what the f*ck.. is doing blizzard...?
For those of us that followed this game closely, we are told the company ran out of money to fund this project. People like you will buy it anyway, so if you think about it, management is correct not to prioritize custom campaigns.

In the time since custom campaigns were gone, Blizzard released the Shadowlands World of Warcraft expansion, developed the game Diablo 2 Resurrected, and then sold the mobile game Diablo Immortal which raised $100 million in the first couple of weeks.

If you question their decision making, then you should look at the financials. These products and services are still selling and taking in all kinds of money. Having nobody work on Warcraft 3 much does not really cost this company anything.

Since you seem to be out of the loop, please be informed that on August 17th a new patch will overwrite your Warcraft III Reforged installation with a new game version. This new incoming version uses a new model format, so any modding tools you download today to edit Reforged models and assets will no longer work starting August 17th when you will be doing the next forced upgrade. In addition, any HD Reforged style custom 3D graphics that include custom particle spell effects (PKB extension files in World Editor) will cease to function after the upcoming August 17th patch. Other portions of the game will also break, such as how "Advanced -> Gameplay Constants" menu in the World Editor may no longer be able to edit Damage Table % values after the new patch.

So, after 2 years of relative stability because the Reforged developers were laid off, it is entirely possible that a new team of people unfamiliar with the code will be breaking even more features and systems in the coming days -- beyond those features and systems that I mentioned above. My information honestly might be out of date regarding what will and will not break on August 17th, because Blizzard took the patch testing private after the first few weeks instead of continuing with a Public Test Realm that was live for players like you and me.

By and large, it does not really matter who works on Warcraft III. The custom modding scene is too complicated and outside the scope of what Blizzard can financially support, so I do not think I am being unreasonable if I extrapolate and tell you that in 5-10 years Blizzard will probably drop support for more of the custom modding of Reforged in order to cut costs -- moreso than just Custom Campaigns.

Level 11
More people were fired last week, including the bulk of wow and diablo devs.

it seems that War3 may land at forgotten empires devs once the deal is done.

Level 11
Any factual news or just words in a tavern after too many a drink.
check the twitter of those who were in that shitshow of a wow expansion livestream
all of them were fired, also some employees went to /v/, they all received you are fired mails right at monday in the morning.

MS knows that they cant fire them directly until the deal is done, so ybarra is doing that.

they wont release any delayed news of now, but people has noticed already that something is fishy since we are closer to the greenlight of the aquisition.

again, i may not be surprised if MS gives war 3 to a company they can trust, they can pretty much dissolve blizzard and keep the IP for themselves through licensing once the acquisition is done.

Level 7
All right then. Patch is out, and as Retera told us, I am not able to edit/open my reforged hd custom map.
The only reason, why I bought Reforged was the enjoyment of using the HD Assets for modding.
I don't think, that they will fix this pkb issue in the next few days.

Very bad Blizzard...

Status
Not open for further replies.