• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to play Custom Campaigns now??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I already had the chance to talk to someone and from what I got the answer is "you can't". But I see people STILL realizing custom campaigns over here, and I'd love to dive in old campaigns i loved as kid. Problem is Reforged can't read w3n files. So what should I do? I need a Classic version... but WHERE i can get it? On Battle net there is no track of it. Any idea of what i can do?
I bought Reforged. I purchased. And I can't do what i liked the most T.T

Level 20
But I see people STILL realizing custom campaigns over here
The way people are making custom campaigns in Reforged is that they create separate maps.

Problem is Reforged can't read w3n files.
I think some folks were trying to make it work, but I'm not sure how that went or how accessible the method is.

I need a Classic version... but WHERE i can get it?
You can find download links here: WC3 Download Archive (1.00 - 1.31.1 + BETA & DEMO)

Generally 1.30.4 is a good version to try. Or 1.29.2. Or 1.31.1 if a campaign you want to play was made specifically for it.

Some instructions on how to use game files here: Patch 1.31.1 Backup Files

The thing is, you will need a valid CD-key to use this and if you purchased Reforged, you might not have one.
If that's the case, I went over some things you can consider/try here: Patch 1.31.1 Backup Files

But if you don't have a CD-key on your Battle.Net account, most likely your only viable option will be to hope that Blizzard brings back custom campaigns one day. It probably won't happen in the next couple of months, so yeah, I'm sorry.

Last edited:
Level 4
The way people are making custom campaigns in Reforged is that they create separate maps.

I think some folks were trying to make it work, but I'm not sure how that went or how accessible the method is.

You can find download links here: WC3 Download Archive (1.00 - 1.31.1 + BETA & DEMO)

Generally 1.30.4 is a good version to try. Or 1.29.2. Or 1.31.1 if a campaign you want to play was made specifically for it.

Some instructions on how to use game files here: Patch 1.31.1 Backup Files

The thing is, you will need a valid CD-key to use this and if you purchased Reforged, you might not have one.
If that's the case, I went over some things you can consider/try here: Patch 1.31.1 Backup Files

But if you don't have a CD-key on your Battle.Net account, most likely your only viable option will be to hope that Blizzard brings back custom campaigns one day. It probably won't happen in the next couple of months, so yeah, I'm sorry.
Will this overwrite my Reforged Data or they will be saved separately? I don't wanna generate conflicts

Level 20
As far as I know, it's possible to use both Reforged and classic, but there are some quirks to deal with. I can't say what these are, because I haven't done it myself. All I know is that the WE registry keys get messed up if you swap between tho two version.

I think some people talked about it in the 1.31.1 thread I liked above, so you can try going through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.