• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Campaigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm currently working on updating my custom campaigns for reforged starting with the one uploaded on this very site.

I'm assuming the next update will include custom campaigns so was wondering if we have any idea when this will be and what form it will take; if there'll be any changes or improvements?

Do we know anything about what the classic team are doing for custom campaigns, I'm quite optimistic for when they arrive.

Yeah IIRC they basically said it's on their to do list and it they'll let us know when there's news.
So I don't think it'll be in the next patch, probably somewhere in the next couple of months.

Would be awesome if they improve it though, I really hope you're right about that :D
Campaign-wide triggers for example would be cool.

Level 12
Have they confirmed the bug with current version of the game where in world editor if you attempt to save the custom campaign it crashes? I mean, I was hoping to continue working on my campaign, but then realized that with each save it crashes, so I am unable to. I can, of course, keep on working on maps individually, but that kind of breaks the continuity and workflow I got in that regard.

Jesus, I just hope they bring them back already.

Have they confirmed the bug with current version of the game where in world editor if you attempt to save the custom campaign it crashes? I mean, I was hoping to continue working on my campaign, but then realized that with each save it crashes, so I am unable to. I can, of course, keep on working on maps individually, but that kind of breaks the continuity and workflow I got in that regard.

Jesus, I just hope they bring them back already.

Mines saves fine as long as you edit a map file as well just editing the campaign in the campaign editor causes an error. But ive been reforging Lordaerons Legacy no problem. To test the maps i export them and import all the campaign data and imports which is a pain but its worked well enough so far.

Level 12
Mines saves fine as long as you edit a map file as well just editing the campaign in the campaign editor causes an error. But ive been reforging Lordaerons Legacy no problem. To test the maps i export them and import all the campaign data and imports which is a pain but its worked well enough so far.

I just hope they officially fix the issues and give us proper campaign editor we've had so far before the updates. This must be the finest example of how somebody can screw their own stuff and reverse something which worked back into not working. Main reason I used to play Warcraft III and stuck around with it was custom campaigns, not online or any other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.