• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What idea is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hello all, i need help to decide which weapon should a "BATTLEMAGE" use, i cant be a staff/scepter cuz ill give these weapons to mages.

All of them must use Shields so it can only be 1 hand weapons.

-
latest

dresden_sketch_6.jpg

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

175px-DVIII_Magic_Shield.png

+

Magic gauntlets
com__modulated_aetherblade_gauntlets_by_jnetrocks-d6e4sn7.jpg

166c5a12d21d633772ee5cbbd1e336da.jpg

1522564590152.jpg

OR

Magic wands (small staves)
014f4857b93bc8a3475d75bc7524c571.jpg

2db1d360afeb634ad91b15b17120b9f7--concept-weapons-fantasy-weapons.jpg

------

You can also suggest another weapon but it cant be -> hammer/sword/staves/crossbow/glaives/warglaives/daggers/axe/

Last edited:
Level 14
Hat worn on the hand?
A smaller battlemage which is holding a smaller battlemage and so on until it barely can be seen(use lower and lower poly as you do in the chain)?
A "focus" which looks like a plain sphere of metal?
Unlimited arcane power rotating around the hand?(an orb effect)
Souls in its fist that leave a trail as the battle mage moves around?
A bag of flour?(obvious)
A wand holding the hand rather than being held by the hand?
A javelin?
Its hand being replaced by some sort of skeletal metallic hand?

Triceron

Hosted Project: W3CSW
Level 11
Seems you want something fairly generic fantasy since you have other weapons assigned to other classes like axes, swords and glaives.

Well then, it kinda limits things to 1-handed rods/wands or scepters.

I would probably prefer something more exotic to separate the battle mage from the rest. Maybe like a Scythe like Magus from CT, or a Rapier like FF Red Mages.

I think a bladed scepter could actually be the best hybrid, something like a smaller version of Loki's staff from Avengers. Something curved and exotic looking with a long shaft, neither looks big enough to be a polearm or a blade large enough to be a Swordsman weapon. Spellbreakers really nailed that look in WC3.

-edit- Actually, the Naga Siren weapon is what I'm thinking. Just scaled down to fit as a 1-handed weapon.

Last edited:
Level 21
Seems you want something fairly generic fantasy since you have other weapons assigned to other classes like axes, swords and glaives.

Well then, it kinda limits things to 1-handed rods/wands or scepters.

I would probably prefer something more exotic to separate the battle mage from the rest. Maybe like a Scythe like Magus from CT, or a Rapier like FF Red Mages.

I think a bladed scepter could actually be the best hybrid, something like a smaller version of Loki's staff from Avengers. Something curved and exotic looking with a long shaft, neither looks big enough to be a polearm or a blade large enough to be a Swordsman weapon. Spellbreakers really nailed that look in WC3.

-edit- Actually, the Naga Siren weapon is what I'm thinking. Just scaled down to fit as a 1-handed weapon.
Yuuuppp, that is what i mean.

images

images

Status
Not open for further replies.