• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] What I think is a good idea for custom campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi!

For some time now I started to try to work again in World Editor. Years before I've tried it but I haven't made anything good since I was lacking understanding of triggers. My knowledge of computers was very low and I couldn't make anything that had any worth except maybe storyline which was very bad. But I am young now, and then I was even younger so It was just exploring a program whose true value I couldn't comprehend back then. Few years after I started playing warcraft 3 after years of playing DotA 2 wich I got bored of since I was playing it while It was still in beta testing phase. To skip all the story about it and tell it short I personally dislike it now so I started to play warcraft 3 and since Garena was shut down in some time after I started playing Blizzard's campaigns. I loved the storyline, and lore of the game so having played all the official campaigns I've started playing all the custom ones which I could've found. The thing that I enjoy most is the story and RPG elements, but I like RTS too. I've started making some maps but all those were bad, and they were mostly so me and my let's say best friend could share our ideas and visions beside just talking about them because both of us are fans of the warcraft universe. So I've made up in my mind an "alternative" future for imaginary world in which warcraft is taking place. Later on I started to expand that idea, and made drawn on maps, cities and story lines which I added to original story. Later on, as I discovered campaign editor I had a thought about a campaign which would mostly revolve about that storyline which I've made up in my mind. I changed one cinematic in which I was explaining storyline and put it together with one map which I made before. In that map I made up a character over which i revolve a story later and made a mostly cinematic map about it for my friend. I send that "campaign" to my friends and asked them if they liked my story, but then I still wasn't thinking about making it into a real campaign. They've said it wasn't bad, but they weren't so caught up in that story as I was when I've been making it up. So I countinued to have fun in world editor and at the time was making a RTS map which looked like that water town from Tolkien's Hobbit. But when I saw my friends after some time they've keeped asking me was I working on that story and they've sounded excited about it. So i decided to make a campaign, or at least a storyline for characters. I told my friends story and realised they are thinking that I decided to make it a campaign and that I was still working on it. After some time I decided to make a real map which I thought would continue storyline from that two maps I made before and sent them to others as campaign, but now they are starting to look worse compared to what I have in mind right now, and it is kinda pointless, that first map. I'm making second map for some time now like a few months, but all the things that i decided to leave in it I made a month or two back from now. But now I made most of the story which should be told in campaign, and it should be heavily rpg oriented with more and more rts elements towards the end of it. The main storyline should revolve around one female half elf which explores the world around her and it is put 10 000 years in the future from warcraft 3. And so she starts in human kingdom, and while most of the humans, well in fact almost all of them, are completely ignorant of their past her thirst for knowledge and other elfs, since she is alone the only elf that she ever saw, is guiding her away from her hometown and further away from all that she knew. The world that she is exploring is decadent and there is no more glory and shine of the former azeroth which from theirs perspective is an ancient world which passed long ago. The rest of story copies wc3 little bit because she has to unite all races again since the Legion had bolstered their forces and is trying to capture Azeroth once again before going on a final march throughout the whole universe since Azeroth was the planet which they've never manage to conquer and the planet on which Sargeras fell. Campaign should last for two years. In first year the main character visits many places and is learning about the past having left her home in summer, and throughout autumn, winter, spring and next summer she travels from human domain in which she was born to dwarven mountains, wilderness, deserts and Ashenvale. In next autumn the Legion makes it's move and trough one secret order on Azeroth it opens a portal and manages to conquer almost whole eastern continent, and attacks Kalimdor. It looks as none can oppose them, but on the end, main hero manages to fulfill the oldest prophecies about the end of Azeroth. In this story beside known land most of the planet is made of water. That is because Azeroth left unfinished since Titans went on to fight Sargeras. Before they left they've made dwarfs which are great with artificial things, and elves which are connected to nature as one of more intelligent races and guardians of planet. They've left one big lake of energy which was in fact a hole going to the center of planet where most of energy was building up throughout the years making its way to the surface giving life, like a bellybutton of planet. After they've realized that the humans were to come and use it to make a world as they would like. In fact whole planet was like one big cosmic egg waiting to hatch, and so it wouldn't need the help of titans from then on. The titans are represented as entities that were sent from deity and given energy to make worlds throughout the universe as they like. The rest of the story is already known in wc franchise or will be told through storyline of the campaign. on the end Azeroth explodes wiping out the legion. Dwarves and elves leave the planet leaving it to humans and orcs go back to draenor which is renewed from that energy and they start anew. While elves after death leave the planet as wisps, the dwarves believe that their spirits go back to earth from which titans made them from where they are given the choice and consciusness to will themselves out of it once again, and they are to stay with azeroth and guard it as long as it exist. Humans destiny is unknown, but they believe that they don't share the same as lower races and animals which is also unknown since those races don't bother themselves. Orcs and ogres destiny is connected to their home planet which is the reason why they live. And so on the end whole corruption of legion is somewhat negated, although they've changed some things since orcs were never meant to leave their planet on the first place... If you think you like the story i can upload intro cinematic in which most of it is explained, but that i made relatively long before, and now I'm working on one map that is the first one which I planned to be in this campaign and first one I'm making after I've made whole role :)

Level 37
Congratz you've just won Hive's "Wall of text" record.

Not even Einstein would want to start read that.

At least you put a smiley in the end. That's a plus!

Attachments

• record.jpg
    record.jpg
    611 KB · Views: 145
Level 4
I started making map for it, but after some time it says that maximum number of doodads is placed. Should I make two or three smaller maps instead, or start deleting doodads or there is a way around it? I wanted to make it faster because I divided the storyline in seasons. It would be cool to make it in autumn because it happens in autumn, and like when winter comes and snow starts to fall you play with characters that are in the same situation. This way sympathy would be much bigger, which is crucial for RPG.

Level 4
I really think about making it into fanfiction story if neccesary because of that. I was even writing dialogs on college when I was bored xd Later I can make campaign by that story or even someone more skillful than me can do it and make it much better that I would.

Level 7
i dont read your text so i dont know the storyline for your campaign... but if you need felp to make campaign backgrund, loading screen, link signature, or campaign thread art... feel free to contact me (maybe the art will not good than every fanart maker here, but i can do a super express art)

Not sure if this helps.
For some time now I started to try to work again in World Editor. Years before I've tried it but I haven't made anything good since I was lacking understanding of triggers. My knowledge of computers was very low and I couldn't make anything that had any worth except maybe storyline which was very bad. But I am young now, and then I was even younger so It was just exploring a program whose true value I couldn't comprehend back then. Few years after I started playing warcraft 3 after years of playing DotA 2 wich I got bored of since I was playing it while It was still in beta testing phase. To skip all the story about it and tell it short I personally dislike it now so I started to play warcraft 3 and since Garena was shut down in some time after I started playing Blizzard's campaigns. I loved the storyline, and lore of the game so having played all the official campaigns I've started playing all the custom ones which I could've found. The thing that I enjoy most is the story and RPG elements, but I like RTS too. I've started making some maps but all those were bad, and they were mostly so me and my let's say best friend could share our ideas and visions beside just talking about them because both of us are fans of the warcraft universe.

So I've made up in my mind an "alternative" future for imaginary world in which warcraft is taking place. Later on I started to expand that idea, and made drawn on maps, cities and story lines which I added to original story. Later on, as I discovered campaign editor I had a thought about a campaign which would mostly revolve about that storyline which I've made up in my mind. I changed one cinematic in which I was explaining storyline and put it together with one map which I made before. In that map I made up a character over which i revolve a story later and made a mostly cinematic map about it for my friend. I send that "campaign" to my friends and asked them if they liked my story, but then I still wasn't thinking about making it into a real campaign.

They've said it wasn't bad, but they weren't so caught up in that story as I was when I've been making it up. So I countinued to have fun in world editor and at the time was making a RTS map which looked like that water town from Tolkien's Hobbit. But when I saw my friends after some time they've keeped asking me was I working on that story and they've sounded excited about it. So i decided to make a campaign, or at least a storyline for characters. I told my friends story and realised they are thinking that I decided to make it a campaign and that I was still working on it. After some time I decided to make a real map which I thought would continue storyline from that two maps I made before and sent them to others as campaign, but now they are starting to look worse compared to what I have in mind right now, and it is kinda pointless, that first map.

I'm making second map for some time now like a few months, but all the things that i decided to leave in it I made a month or two back from now. But now I made most of the story which should be told in campaign, and it should be heavily rpg oriented with more and more rts elements towards the end of it. The main storyline should revolve around one female half elf which explores the world around her and it is put 10 000 years in the future from warcraft 3.

And so she starts in human kingdom, and while most of the humans, well in fact almost all of them, are completely ignorant of their past her thirst for knowledge and other elfs, since she is alone the only elf that she ever saw, is guiding her away from her hometown and further away from all that she knew. The world that she is exploring is decadent and there is no more glory and shine of the former azeroth which from theirs perspective is an ancient world which passed long ago. The rest of story copies wc3 little bit because she has to unite all races again since the Legion had bolstered their forces and is trying to capture Azeroth once again before going on a final march throughout the whole universe since Azeroth was the planet which they've never manage to conquer and the planet on which Sargeras fell. Campaign should last for two years.

In first year the main character visits many places and is learning about the past having left her home in summer, and throughout autumn, winter, spring and next summer she travels from human domain in which she was born to dwarven mountains, wilderness, deserts and Ashenvale. In next autumn the Legion makes it's move and trough one secret order on Azeroth it opens a portal and manages to conquer almost whole eastern continent, and attacks Kalimdor. It looks as none can oppose them, but on the end, main hero manages to fulfill the oldest prophecies about the end of Azeroth. In this story beside known land most of the planet is made of water. That is because Azeroth left unfinished since Titans went on to fight Sargeras. Before they left they've made dwarfs which are great with artificial things, and elves which are connected to nature as one of more intelligent races and guardians of planet.

They've left one big lake of energy which was in fact a hole going to the center of planet where most of energy was building up throughout the years making its way to the surface giving life, like a bellybutton of planet. After they've realized that the humans were to come and use it to make a world as they would like. In fact whole planet was like one big cosmic egg waiting to hatch, and so it wouldn't need the help of titans from then on. The titans are represented as entities that were sent from deity and given energy to make worlds throughout the universe as they like.

The rest of the story is already known in wc franchise or will be told through storyline of the campaign. on the end Azeroth explodes wiping out the legion. Dwarves and elves leave the planet leaving it to humans and orcs go back to draenor which is renewed from that energy and they start anew. While elves after death leave the planet as wisps, the dwarves believe that their spirits go back to earth from which titans made them from where they are given the choice and consciousness to will themselves out of it once again, and they are to stay with Azeroth and guard it as long as it exist.

Humans destiny is unknown, but they believe that they don't share the same as lower races and animals which is also unknown since those races don't bother themselves. Orcs and ogres destiny is connected to their home planet which is the reason why they live. And so on the end whole corruption of legion is somewhat negated, although they've changed some things since orcs were never meant to leave their planet on the first place...

If you think you like the story i can upload intro cinematic in which most of it is explained, but that i made relatively long before, and now I'm working on one map that is the first one which I planned to be in this campaign and first one I'm making after I've made whole role :)

Level 7
Not sure if this helps.
For some time now I started to try to work again in World Editor. Years before I've tried it but I haven't made anything good since I was lacking understanding of triggers. My knowledge of computers was very low and I couldn't make anything that had any worth except maybe storyline which was very bad. But I am young now, and then I was even younger so It was just exploring a program whose true value I couldn't comprehend back then. Few years after I started playing warcraft 3 after years of playing DotA 2 wich I got bored of since I was playing it while It was still in beta testing phase. To skip all the story about it and tell it short I personally dislike it now so I started to play warcraft 3 and since Garena was shut down in some time after I started playing Blizzard's campaigns. I loved the storyline, and lore of the game so having played all the official campaigns I've started playing all the custom ones which I could've found. The thing that I enjoy most is the story and RPG elements, but I like RTS too. I've started making some maps but all those were bad, and they were mostly so me and my let's say best friend could share our ideas and visions beside just talking about them because both of us are fans of the warcraft universe.

So I've made up in my mind an "alternative" future for imaginary world in which warcraft is taking place. Later on I started to expand that idea, and made drawn on maps, cities and story lines which I added to original story. Later on, as I discovered campaign editor I had a thought about a campaign which would mostly revolve about that storyline which I've made up in my mind. I changed one cinematic in which I was explaining storyline and put it together with one map which I made before. In that map I made up a character over which i revolve a story later and made a mostly cinematic map about it for my friend. I send that "campaign" to my friends and asked them if they liked my story, but then I still wasn't thinking about making it into a real campaign.

They've said it wasn't bad, but they weren't so caught up in that story as I was when I've been making it up. So I countinued to have fun in world editor and at the time was making a RTS map which looked like that water town from Tolkien's Hobbit. But when I saw my friends after some time they've keeped asking me was I working on that story and they've sounded excited about it. So i decided to make a campaign, or at least a storyline for characters. I told my friends story and realised they are thinking that I decided to make it a campaign and that I was still working on it. After some time I decided to make a real map which I thought would continue storyline from that two maps I made before and sent them to others as campaign, but now they are starting to look worse compared to what I have in mind right now, and it is kinda pointless, that first map.

I'm making second map for some time now like a few months, but all the things that i decided to leave in it I made a month or two back from now. But now I made most of the story which should be told in campaign, and it should be heavily rpg oriented with more and more rts elements towards the end of it. The main storyline should revolve around one female half elf which explores the world around her and it is put 10 000 years in the future from warcraft 3.

And so she starts in human kingdom, and while most of the humans, well in fact almost all of them, are completely ignorant of their past her thirst for knowledge and other elfs, since she is alone the only elf that she ever saw, is guiding her away from her hometown and further away from all that she knew. The world that she is exploring is decadent and there is no more glory and shine of the former azeroth which from theirs perspective is an ancient world which passed long ago. The rest of story copies wc3 little bit because she has to unite all races again since the Legion had bolstered their forces and is trying to capture Azeroth once again before going on a final march throughout the whole universe since Azeroth was the planet which they've never manage to conquer and the planet on which Sargeras fell. Campaign should last for two years.

In first year the main character visits many places and is learning about the past having left her home in summer, and throughout autumn, winter, spring and next summer she travels from human domain in which she was born to dwarven mountains, wilderness, deserts and Ashenvale. In next autumn the Legion makes it's move and trough one secret order on Azeroth it opens a portal and manages to conquer almost whole eastern continent, and attacks Kalimdor. It looks as none can oppose them, but on the end, main hero manages to fulfill the oldest prophecies about the end of Azeroth. In this story beside known land most of the planet is made of water. That is because Azeroth left unfinished since Titans went on to fight Sargeras. Before they left they've made dwarfs which are great with artificial things, and elves which are connected to nature as one of more intelligent races and guardians of planet.

They've left one big lake of energy which was in fact a hole going to the center of planet where most of energy was building up throughout the years making its way to the surface giving life, like a bellybutton of planet. After they've realized that the humans were to come and use it to make a world as they would like. In fact whole planet was like one big cosmic egg waiting to hatch, and so it wouldn't need the help of titans from then on. The titans are represented as entities that were sent from deity and given energy to make worlds throughout the universe as they like.

The rest of the story is already known in wc franchise or will be told through storyline of the campaign. on the end Azeroth explodes wiping out the legion. Dwarves and elves leave the planet leaving it to humans and orcs go back to draenor which is renewed from that energy and they start anew. While elves after death leave the planet as wisps, the dwarves believe that their spirits go back to earth from which titans made them from where they are given the choice and consciousness to will themselves out of it once again, and they are to stay with Azeroth and guard it as long as it exist.

Humans destiny is unknown, but they believe that they don't share the same as lower races and animals which is also unknown since those races don't bother themselves. Orcs and ogres destiny is connected to their home planet which is the reason why they live. And so on the end whole corruption of legion is somewhat negated, although they've changed some things since orcs were never meant to leave their planet on the first place...

If you think you like the story i can upload intro cinematic in which most of it is explained, but that i made relatively long before, and now I'm working on one map that is the first one which I planned to be in this campaign and first one I'm making after I've made whole role :)

whoaaaa my eye's burning!
edit : so it's about azeroth sacrifice and human's end?

Level 4
Thank you templaassasin, the art is really the stuff I need help with. Sound also but I found a guy which is interested in making sound for games and she decided to help me since it will be good practice for him. Since the map was too big I decided to instead of few big maps make "acts" with smaller maps between which comes the cinematic, and some time skips, like a month or so of boring travelling, and each takes storyline in different season of the year. Tht way I'm gonna simplify weather effects and so on...
I almost have the full scenario for the first act which happens in autumn. i even wrote down dialogs when I was bored in college :)
And another thing I didn't say is that the main hero collects items, ancient relics, which are gonna be undroppable items in inventory. I am thinking 4 of them: Human, elven, dwarven, and one which i haven't decided will it be orcish or not.

What I wanted to say ty for all your support. :) And help. Currently I'm gonna remake the first map into the smaller ones, and change or delete one map which I made before with campaign characters to fit it in somehow. I have an idea but I'll have to change some stuff. The triggers will stay the same but lines, and outcome of quests are gonna be different so it's not a lot of work :)

Ty again

Level 7
Thank you templaassasin, the art is really the stuff I need help with. Sound also but I found a guy which is interested in making sound for games and she decided to help me since it will be good practice for him. Since the map was too big I decided to instead of few big maps make "acts" with smaller maps between which comes the cinematic, and some time skips, like a month or so of boring travelling, and each takes storyline in different season of the year. Tht way I'm gonna simplify weather effects and so on...
I almost have the full scenario for the first act which happens in autumn. i even wrote down dialogs when I was bored in college :)
And another thing I didn't say is that the main hero collects items, ancient relics, which are gonna be undroppable items in inventory. I am thinking 4 of them: Human, elven, dwarven, and one which i haven't decided will it be orcish or not.

What I wanted to say ty for all your support. :) And help. Currently I'm gonna remake the first map into the smaller ones, and change or delete one map which I made before with campaign characters to fit it in somehow. I have an idea but I'll have to change some stuff. The triggers will stay the same but lines, and outcome of quests are gonna be different so it's not a lot of work :)

Ty again

one question, what is your story about? is it about azeroth's sacrifice to destroy the legion and then the human race is ended upon this sacrifice too?

if yes, i will help you with another thing :ogre_haosis:

Level 29
if you are really new to WC3;
1) Understand the game, basic triggering and unit editor is a must
2) Never make a big map/campaign project, start very little
3) Never make more than 1 project at one time except when you 'know' a lot but sometimes, even when you know a lot you will definitely stumble if you have 2 or more projects at the same time
4) Never run out of ideas, if you want to share and learn new ideas, the forum here is the right place
5) Help other members, it will enhance your knowledge as map maker
6) Read JASS tutorials after you understand the basics of triggering, it will make your life easier to trigger
7) When you already make your map, recruit some testers before posting it to map section

Level 4
one question, what is your story about? is it about azeroth's sacrifice to destroy the legion and then the human race is ended upon this sacrifice too?

No, no. It's not a sacrifice. Azeroth was made that way cause Titans weren't able to finish it because they had to battle Sargeras so they made it that way for humans to finish the planet themselves when they found the way to use it's energy. Humans survive without many losses. Elves destiny is the same as in Tolkiens works, while dwarves is completed by this, so they go to something like emerald dream. Other races become extinct like dragons and such cause their time is over, but to orcs some energy is given so they could return to Draenor and rebuild it, although humans try to stop them some of the humans help them escape. This I'm thinking as a part 2 of campaign. The purging of the Draenor.

Level 4
success always starts at 'start' or zero, not from almost finish, so IMO if you do big things when you're a beginner you'll end up bored and quit the project...

I know, that already happened to me. But I've been making the first map for 4 months now and I'm almost done with surroundings, and soon I'll start to make triggers. I mean first bigger map. There are two before. One is cinematic intro, and other is like Intro map. But I have almost all of the dialogs and that worked out.

Level 4
And mckill ty for your advices. I understand what you're saying. I've already have people that will volountary test it, and they've done that already for first map. And are very good and motivated with that believe me. I know I made a rush for this, but I'll try and see if something happens that is of some value.

Level 4
sry for triple post, and yeah I know that making wc3 lore is a bad idea, that's why I put it 10 000 years in the future.

Level 4
If you're interested I divided the storyline into maps:

Act 1:
-Prologue - The decadence
-One little step for an elf
-The two towers (Submap as a parody of teen comedies)
-White is the colour of the Christmass
-Old disputes
-Dead womans chest
-Children of the stars
-The Emerald Dream
-Restless hearts

Act 2:
-Evil unchained
-Orc's darkest hour
-Orcspotting
-Battle for Azeroth
-Fellowship of an elf
-Star wars
-Siege of Kalimdor
-Elf against the world
-Return of the king
-Epilogue - The last ship
And I changed the storyline so instead of Azeroth being destroyed the last dwarf that survives gives "Hearth of Planet" to survivors. Though Kil jaeden is dead the legion is still advancing on kalimdor, even the Night Elves western bases have been destroyed. The Heart has a power to restore the planet, but since Azeroth wasn't made like a normal planet It isn't that simple. But it makes an epic explosion, kills all the demons and restores the planet. GG
And Kil jaeden drops heart of Draenor which is given to orcs so they could restore their planet also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.