• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Thinking about co-op campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Any news of the custom campaign that I have missed?

If not I am eager to begin a campaign which might as well be for multiplayer.

What would you think of creating a campaign for perhaps a maximum of 4 friends. You will get to level and save a hero as if it was an RPG, just without the the usual RPG elements as power leveling or farming.

The goal is to somewhat recreate the elements of the Rexxar campaign, but for multiplayer. An open world, like in an RPG, but with much more hidden stuff to explore and lore to follow as from a normal singleplayer campaign.

Bosses will exist, but are not here for repeatable killing for farming and such. I see it working like Skyrim, Witcher etc.

Also cinematics and storyline is supposed to be real entertaining. Might as well make the use of the graphic enhancement of some good cinematics.

How do you think this would work in Warcraft Reforged?

Level 23
The goal is to somewhat recreate the elements of the Rexxar campaign, but for multiplayer.
If your goal is to recreate a multi-player campaign with transition elements like Rexxar's campaign, maybe try contacting the author of 2P Archon Bonus Campaign Founding of Durotar and the author of Legacy of Lordaeron v2.6.2 for advice. The first author has already made a coop version of Rexxar's campaign, and the second author has stated he intends to make a coop version of his transition type campaign.

How do you think this would work in Warcraft Reforged?
Sounds like the scale of the project you are creating might be too big, regardless of if it is in Reforged or not.

Level 8
The first author has already made a coop version of Rexxar's campaign, and the second author has stated he intends to make a coop version of his transition type campaign.
Oh, I see with multiple maps. That's smart. Hmm I think I will concider doing that as well. That is one of the reasons why I was holding back with multiplayer campaign. Would be a lot more easy in singleplayer.

Sounds like the scale of the project you are creating might be too big, regardless of if it is in Reforged or not.

Maybe, but I enjoy making a little here and there. Don't mind making a project over a couple of years. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.