• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Possible Campaign?

Would you like to play this campaign?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm thinking of making a campaign similar to that of Rexxar's campaign in Frozen Throne. You start on one main map, do some quests and side quests and eventually travel to different maps for different quests. If you know Dragon Age Origins... Similar Storyline, seek out allies to battle the ever increasing dark forces. I've got an idea of the maps needed, maybe 10 different maps at most, and I know which units I'm gonna place there.
Does this campaign sound interesting? Would you want to play it?
And if there is anyone who can help me with triggers that would be awesome. I can do terrain and units, but still new to triggering. Will be a RPG game.

Last edited:
Level 4
Thanks man. I've been going through the tutorials and trying, most times I just play around and see what happens!

Level 4
A campaign, where you come back to regions, that you had seen previously, is always a good thing. It makes you feel at home.
Yeah, you need to at some point return to main land to complete Story-line quests as well as previously visited maps.

Feel free to give any suggestions or advice, I'm all ears for any comments. :grin:
Sounds amazing so far. The Rexxar campaign is my favorite!
But what tile-set is it going to be in? I'd like to know because I'd like to give you suggestions about what enemies/creatures there could be in.

Level 4
Main land, content of Möria, would be part Lorderan Summer and part Barrens... It's not exactly like Rexxar's campaign, just similar in line of your main hero going around collecting quests and then moving on to different maps, but you can still go back and visit previous maps. Other maps include tile-sets from Northrend, Black Cidital, Dungeon, Underground, Ice Crown, Ashenval, Sunken Ruins, Fell Forest, Outland, Cityscape and Dalaran.
But what tile-set is it going to be in? I'd like to know because I'd like to give you suggestions about what enemies/creatures there could be in.
I have plenty of enemies in mind, but there may be some that I've left out so any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Main land, content of Möria, would be part Lorderan Summer and part Barrens... It's not exactly like Rexxar's campaign, just similar in line of your main hero going around collecting quests and then moving on to different maps, but you can still go back and visit previous maps. Other maps include tile-sets from Northrend, Black Cidital, Dungeon, Underground, Ice Crown, Ashenval, Sunken Ruins, Fell Forest, Outland, Cityscape and Dalaran.

I have plenty of enemies in mind, but there may be some that I've left out so any suggestions are greatly appreciated
DAMN... That sounds so awesome.
Do you know how like Chen Stormstout and Cairne join your party and follow the main hero around, could you implement something similar?

Also please make use of my favorite tile set, it's Dalaran Ruins, and it's so awesome... Like the plague lands, scattered human survivors, loads of undead crawling and attacking.

Even better, you also mensioned Dalaran, I have a great suggestion; First you get an main quest to save the city in the Dalaran tileset from undead, while the attacks aren't that hard, but later on you'll get an optional quest telling to go back there, but when you do, it's allready Dalaran Ruins, but you help the survivors.

Level 4
I have a great suggestion; First you get an main quest to save the city in the Dalaran tileset from undead, while the attacks aren't that hard, but later on you'll get an optional quest telling to go back there, but when you do, it's allready Dalaran Ruins, but you help the survivors.
Great idea man! Totally gonna do something like that. Will actually work out really well.

Level 9
try to make the heroes and characters have custom models not the original warcraft ones
also the terrain,cities etc...
I don't anything about map making but I'll gladly be a beta tester if needed

Level 9
DAMN... That sounds so awesome.
Do you know how like Chen Stormstout and Cairne join your party and follow the main hero around, could you implement something similar?

Also please make use of my favorite tile set, it's Dalaran Ruins, and it's so awesome... Like the plague lands, scattered human survivors, loads of undead crawling and attacking.

Even better, you also mensioned Dalaran, I have a great suggestion; First you get an main quest to save the city in the Dalaran tileset from undead, while the attacks aren't that hard, but later on you'll get an optional quest telling to go back there, but when you do, it's allready Dalaran Ruins, but you help the survivors.

that's a great idea

Level 4
try to make the heroes and characters have custom models not the original warcraft ones
also the terrain,cities etc...
Will definitely try, but just for starters I'll use original characters... Can always change them later on during final testing.
I don't anything about map making but I'll gladly be a beta tester if needed
That will be very helpful thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.