1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Possible Campaign?

Discussion in 'Idea Factory' started by Rhorhan, Jul 20, 2016.

?

Would you like to play this campaign?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Rhorhan

Rhorhan

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm thinking of making a campaign similar to that of Rexxar's campaign in Frozen Throne. You start on one main map, do some quests and side quests and eventually travel to different maps for different quests. If you know Dragon Age Origins... Similar Storyline, seek out allies to battle the ever increasing dark forces. I've got an idea of the maps needed, maybe 10 different maps at most, and I know which units I'm gonna place there.
    Does this campaign sound interesting? Would you want to play it?
    And if there is anyone who can help me with triggers that would be awesome. I can do terrain and units, but still new to triggering. Will be a RPG game.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  2. Rhorhan

Rhorhan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Feel free to give any suggestions or advice, I'm all ears for any comments. :grin:

3. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  4. Rhorhan

Rhorhan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks man. I've been going through the tutorials and trying, most times I just play around and see what happens!

5. Emm-A-

Emm-A-

Resources:
    Resources:
    A campaign, where you come back to regions, that you had seen previously, is always a good thing. It makes you feel at home.

6. Rhorhan

Rhorhan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, you need to at some point return to main land to complete Story-line quests as well as previously visited maps.

7. Emm-A-

Emm-A-

Resources:
    Resources:
    sounds great. You could even slightly change the main land to simulate seasons or other events.

8. Quinten

Quinten

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds amazing so far. The Rexxar campaign is my favorite!
    But what tile-set is it going to be in? I'd like to know because I'd like to give you suggestions about what enemies/creatures there could be in.

9. Rhorhan

Rhorhan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Main land, content of Möria, would be part Lorderan Summer and part Barrens... It's not exactly like Rexxar's campaign, just similar in line of your main hero going around collecting quests and then moving on to different maps, but you can still go back and visit previous maps. Other maps include tile-sets from Northrend, Black Cidital, Dungeon, Underground, Ice Crown, Ashenval, Sunken Ruins, Fell Forest, Outland, Cityscape and Dalaran.
    I have plenty of enemies in mind, but there may be some that I've left out so any suggestions are greatly appreciated

10. Quinten

Quinten

Resources:
    Resources:
    DAMN... That sounds so awesome.
    Do you know how like Chen Stormstout and Cairne join your party and follow the main hero around, could you implement something similar?

Also please make use of my favorite tile set, it's Dalaran Ruins, and it's so awesome... Like the plague lands, scattered human survivors, loads of undead crawling and attacking.

Even better, you also mensioned Dalaran, I have a great suggestion; First you get an main quest to save the city in the Dalaran tileset from undead, while the attacks aren't that hard, but later on you'll get an optional quest telling to go back there, but when you do, it's allready Dalaran Ruins, but you help the survivors.

11. Rhorhan

Rhorhan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great idea man! Totally gonna do something like that. Will actually work out really well.

12. Morris

Morris

Resources:
    Resources:
    try to make the heroes and characters have custom models not the original warcraft ones
    also the terrain,cities etc...
    I don't anything about map making but I'll gladly be a beta tester if needed

13. Morris

Morris

Resources:
    Resources:
    that's a great idea

14. Rhorhan

Rhorhan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Will definitely try, but just for starters I'll use original characters... Can always change them later on during final testing.
    That will be very helpful thanks.

15. Iam.TheLiam

Iam.TheLiam

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is starting to sound like a really cool map, cant wait to play

16. Quinten

Quinten

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm sorry to correct you but...
    It's a CAMPAIGN