• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What Happened To Dragonson: The Explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Hello Hive Workshop.
I am making this thread to clean up the mess I left behind here, to provide an explanation of what happened - or rather, what didn't happen - and to give you an apology.

The vast majority of the people seeing this thread will probably think 'Who the hell is this guy and why is he being all melodramatic?'. To all the people who think that, I wish you a good day and good fortune. This thread is not aimed at you, and there probably isn't much of interest for you here at all.
This thread is made for the few people who a (relatively) long time ago knew this weird guy named Dragonson, who disappeared. Repeatedly.

First off; I'm sorry. What some of you might expect here is an tale of strange events which occurred in my life which led me to abandon the hive, but there won't be much of that here. You see, I don't really have an excuse. Not a good one anyway.
Sure, a lot of strange events did occur, and for the longest time my life has been kind of a mess. None of these strange events, however, really explain or justify my comings and goings here at the hive.
I was, and to some extent I still am, just a kid who had no idea what he was doing.
For promising more than I could deliver and leaving without a word, I am sorry.

But, even though I don't have an excuse I do have an explanation. Kind of.
When I started Bladetitan Signatures roughly four years ago I was 13 years old. Well, technically I was almost 14, but that's a minor detail.
I had no idea what I was getting myself into and I was pretty much just copying some stuff I'd seen on the Spore forums (which was a surprisingly large community back then, might I add).
The success I had with the sig workshop was completely unexpected to me, but to the 14-year-old me it was the most fantastic thing I had ever been part of.
I was doing things, and people liked those things. As pathetic as I realize that it sounds, that was the first time I had ever experienced that.
It was awesome, and while it lasted it was like a second home to me.
To all those of you who were there during the rise, rule and fall of Bladeitan;
Thank you. Your presence back then means far more to me than I could ever express.

What caused my disappearance(s) was not illness, nor lack of time or incapability to continue my work. The best way for me to describe it in simple terms would probably be 'confusion'.
What exactly happened in my mind back then defies logic, and I'm not even sure I remember that much of it myself.
As for my 'final' disappearance roughly a year-and-a-half ago, well...
I wanted to return and clean everything up, perhaps make things go back to the way they were. I should have been capable of doing that, but I was not.
Again, I honestly couldn't tell you what was going on in my head. I somehow reached the conclusion that the best way to deal with everything was just to fade away and leave no trace.
Damn that sounds so terribly stupid in retrospect.

So, why did I come back to say sorry and not just stay disappeared?
Well... there's a list of reasons.
First off I felt bad about it. Ever since I disappeared for the first time It's been a thorn in my conscience, which over the years has grown into a dagger's blade. I'm so goddamn sorry for behaving as I have, I truly am. If for nothing else, you people at least deserved an apology.

The hive was like a home away from home for me. It was almost literally where I grew up, and it became my gateway to the rest of the internet.
Leaving it without a proper goodbye felt wrong from the very beginning.
I've got many fond memories of this place, but as I had unfinished business here they were bittersweet at best.

I left a lot of people here, friends and accomplices who I've many times regretted not holding on to. I came back to give these people a proper apology, and see how they're doing. At the very least they deserve to know what the f*ck was going on.

I made a promise. I promised I'd finish the list of requests people had given me, and I intend to keep that promise.
Bladetitan is not going to re-open, or be re-born. Well, not unless somebody else wants to take the mantle anyway. But I intend to fulfill the promise I made, or die trying.
So, if there is ANYONE who was on the waiting list and did not get their request made, send me a PM. I'll take care of it.
And, although I realize you have no reason at all to believe me, I am going to get it goddamn done this time.

And, finally...
Bladetitan Signatures was and is one of my proudest achievements. Considering my age and inexperience, what I did back then is something worth remembering.
I want to be able to tell people about it without adding a bloody asterisk at the end of every sentence.

So, in conclusion:
I'm sorry. I don't have an excuse, and if you're angry at me for doing what I did and behaving as I have behaved then your anger is completely justified.

For now I'm going to hang around the hive for a bit and see how the place has changed or hasn't changed. I'll try to see how everyone's doing and how many of the people I know from here who's still around.
If you have anything you want to say to me or ask me, please go ahead. I'll answer as best I can.

As a final note, here's a picture of me to prove that I am not a figment of your imagination.
(Don't ask, there's been some weird theories going around)
Cheers, hive. Stay classy.

Level 34
Welcome back! I really don't think you need to apologize. This is a wc3 modding website, it's not a big deal to disappear or ignore requests.

Level 27
Oh, the Dragonson. :D
When I was new, I planned to request a sig from the Bladetitan Thread. I saw your works were really HQ.

Well, forget the pains of the past and focus on the present to make a brighter future. :csmile:

Heh, thanks man. I appreciate it.

Welcome back! I really don't think you need to apologize. This is a wc3 modding website, it's not a big deal to disappear or ignore requests.

Eh, perhaps I don't. Thing is that I try to make a habit of treating people I meet online like I'd treat people I meet in the flesh. It feels a bit silly sometimes, but I've got no plans to stop.

Cheers man. :)

Level 16
Holy crap your back! :D

You've already done so much here in spicing up people's sigs and for free. I'm sure you spent a great deal of your time to make these awesome sigs. You don't really need to apologize man, we really appreciate the work you did and actually, we should be thanking you a bunch for that.

Anyways, welcome back Drag!

Level 12
Ah Dragonson. Glad to see you're back. :D You did an awesome job in coping with tons of sig requests and I don't think anyone will be mad at your disappearance. We all have IRL stuffs to attend to, every now and then. No biggie :) Can't wait to see more of your works mate.

Roland

R

Roland

Ah, The king of Signature makings :) I've been a Fan of your Bladetitan signatures, sadly, I'm still a Rookie on Making graphics, Anyway, Welcome back sir! :D

Rui

Rui

Level 41
The hive was like a home away from home for me.
Having been here for almost 10 years, I nurture sympathy to that feeling.

During my time as admin, I noticed—by your requests for opening Bladetitan—that you had a bit of an erratic behavior =P
Like CakeMaster I thought of requesting something in your thread too, at some point.

Level 27
Holy crap your back! :D

You've already done so much here in spicing up people's sigs and for free. I'm sure you spent a great deal of your time to make these awesome sigs. You don't really need to apologize man, we really appreciate the work you did and actually, we should be thanking you a bunch for that.

Anyways, welcome back Drag!

Thank you. :) It means a lot to me to hear that.

Welcome back Master of Bladetitans ;)

I kinda get how you felt/feel, because I did almost exactly that with my campaign. Even though I intend to finish it sooner or later. (deja vu?)

The amount of mapmaking projects I started only to abandon rivals the stars in the sky. :p

Holy guac!!! Cant beleave your back man! Remember wen we used to cruise down to the Club ? Shit was cash LML.............................................got butterfies in my stomach just lookin at u again ^-^ Hit Me up some time mang

Good to see you man. ^^
Oh, wait, uhm... I mean;
Word up, mango!

Ah Dragonson. Glad to see you're back. :D You did an awesome job in coping with tons of sig requests and I don't think anyone will be mad at your disappearance. We all have IRL stuffs to attend to, every now and then. No biggie :) Can't wait to see more of your works mate.

I'm glad you think so. ^^
Thank you, and cheers to you too!

Ah, The king of Signature makings :) I've been a Fan of your Bladetitan signatures, sadly, I'm still a Rookie on Making graphics, Anyway, Welcome back sir! :D

Thanks man. ^^ If you ever need some photoshoppin' advice, just send me one of those PMs.

Having been here for almost 10 years, I nurture sympathy to that feeling.

During my time as admin, I noticed—by your requests for opening Bladetitan—that you had a bit of an erratic behavior =P
Like CakeMaster I thought of requesting something in your thread too, at some point.

Heh. Yeah, when I asked the mods to re-open Bladetitan so I could clean it up my first thought was to go to you again, but I kinda' felt that would be a bit awkward. :p

As I told Chaosy in a PM tho, there might still be possibilities for makin' new requests. I'd have to finish all the old ones first of course, and it wouldn't be in the same format as before, but even though I have no plans of reviving Bladetitan I'm still going to be around.

Cheers!

Welcome back I guess and see below :)

Legolas.jpg

Level 19
The man himself has returned!

I'm just gonna repeat whatever the others said - don't feel bad about stuff from the past. I believe everyone of us knows what it feels like to promising to do work in here and end up not really doing it anyway. I currently have four real-life jobs, and they have obviously stolen all of my leisure to be on Hive, which resulted in the same kind of emotions that you witnessed.

Nevertheless, we shouldn't forget to clap ourselves on our shoulders, so go listen to "Jokeren - Godt taget" you danish Amager-boy and be happy about your many accomplishments in here. Many of us look up to you, not only because of Bladetitan Signatures - personally, I was more impressed by your role as boss of the Roleplaying Forum back when your extremely active roleplaying threads were still running.

Look at the forum now - it's dead as if it was hit by a zombie apocalypse or something.. I tried keeping it alive in your absence, but my roleplay died out too after a while of popularity, and now I have retreated to the social groups from the dead forum along with all the remaining roleplayers of the Hive.

What I'm trying to say is that, you really added something unique to the social life on the site back in the days, and that you should be proud of yourself because of that. Oh, and then I was kinda hoping you would try bringing back life to the Roleplaying Forum, or maybe go spice up the roleplays in the social groups :)

Anyway, see ya around mister Holo Dragonson

-Am

Level 27
Its been a while man, good thing you chose to re-open blade titan signatures thread again. We used to hang along with Jaret back then. Welcome back :thumbs_up:

Cheers Orcman. ^^
Aye, that feels like such a long time ago. You've really risen through the ranks since then, eh? Glad to see it. Keep it up!

The man himself has returned!

I'm just gonna repeat whatever the others said - don't feel bad about stuff from the past. I believe everyone of us knows what it feels like to promising to do work in here and end up not really doing it anyway. I currently have four real-life jobs, and they have obviously stolen all of my leisure to be on Hive, which resulted in the same kind of emotions that you witnessed.

Nevertheless, we shouldn't forget to clap ourselves on our shoulders, so go listen to "Jokeren - Godt taget" you danish Amager-boy and be happy about your many accomplishments in here. Many of us look up to you, not only because of Bladetitan Signatures - personally, I was more impressed by your role as boss of the Roleplaying Forum back when your extremely active roleplaying threads were still running.

Look at the forum now - it's dead as if it was hit by a zombie apocalypse or something.. I tried keeping it alive in your absence, but my roleplay died out too after a while of popularity, and now I have retreated to the social groups from the dead forum along with all the remaining roleplayers of the Hive.

What I'm trying to say is that, you really added something unique to the social life on the site back in the days, and that you should be proud of yourself because of that. Oh, and then I was kinda hoping you would try bringing back life to the Roleplaying Forum, or maybe go spice up the roleplays in the social groups :)

Anyway, see ya around mister Holo Dragonson

-Am

It is nice to hear from you again Amar. ^^ I'll admit, coming back to the site and seeing you still using the old sig I made for you way back when made my day. Thank you very much for your kind words.

Regarding the rolesplays I would definitely love to host something on the forum, but I don't know if it is going to be possible.
There are several issues which would have to be faced, but if you'd actually like to discuss that then I figure it might be best that we move it to VMs and PMs.

Level 19
Yeah, I will continue to use it - even though the Daily Peon is dead, and so is the project also mentioned in the sig. And the kind words are obviously only paying back your awzumness ^^

It's not that I have anything special in mind really, I just felt like telling you that if anyone can revive the forum it has to be you. Personally, I've decided to spend my time roleplaying in the Kaelicious social group instead since the roleplay there is more like storytelling with no rules, and because it doesn't need the same kind of activity as a forum RP needs. People will always be around, chatting, and stuff, so check it out if you ever feel like starting slowly up the RP-business again, instead of immediately rushing into something huge :)

Linky-linky!

Status
Not open for further replies.