• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What do you thing about Wc3 campaigns in Sc2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I think it would be neat if someone maked Warcraft III's (reign of chaos's and frozen throne's) campaigns in StarCraft 2, even Rexxar campaigns! And will people be able to import custom mdls and mdx to Starcraft 2?

I wouldn't even mind recreating the original StarCraft game in StarCraft 2. That will probably be one of my goals when I get my hold on StarCraft 2 Galaxy Editor.

It will probably require lots and lots of time and effort to recreate all of the WarCraft III models and textures so they look more natural in the StarCraft II engine. However, I doubt that will be a problem once things start moving. :p

Level 15
I wouldn't even mind recreating the original StarCraft game in StarCraft 2. That will probably be one of my goals when I get my hold on StarCraft 2 Galaxy Editor.

It will probably require lots and lots of time and effort to recreate all of the WarCraft III models and textures so they look more natural in the StarCraft II engine. However, I doubt that will be a problem once things start moving. :p

Aren't you afraid that someone has also that idea and will make that earlier than you? :O
Yeah, a problem

Level 23
I had the same idea! Creating a SCII: Reign of Chaos or Frozen Throne.

However it would need extremeley good models and lots of guts.

Anyway, the interface especially the portrait and cinematic radio-talk window sucks! It has static in the beginning. I hope there will be a way to change that, because otherwise it would suck remaking Warcraft.

Also, Blizzard just has to make some good modelling programm for mapmakers if they want SCII to live as long as WCIII.

Level 19

Anyway, the interface especially the portrait and cinematic radio-talk window sucks! It has static in the beginning. I hope there will be a way to change that, because otherwise it would suck remaking Warcraft.

Also, Blizzard just has to make some good modelling programm for mapmakers if they want SCII to live as long as WCIII.

Why should they do that? We already got plenty of modeling tools. WarCraft III is not popular nor going strong because it shipped with a modeling software.

Level 15

Yeah, why? But if they would, It wouldn't be very cool, because it would be too easy, modellin for fan modellers of wc3 is hard (you know, converting and so on, mesh is not the hardest thing), making SC2 modelling so accessing and easy would make it loose that ''fun when you do it yourself''

Level 15
You guys underestimate just how much effort is put into Next-gen models. For starters you've got the Low Poly, and then the High Poly (which you use to create the normal map, which is applied to the low poly. It's what's used to give the model the appearance of being extremely detailed, while keeping the poly count manageable) and then you have the shader work, and then possibly a defuse or specular map, and then the texture map. It'll take a good team the better part of a few months to make a few decent looking models.

Level 12
Unless Starcraft 2 is so efficient that it always views in high-poly but when the model saves it saves into three sections and automatically dumbs down the model (in polies)...

Level 15
This thread's topic becomes another, we are starting to talk only about models and they detail o_O
Ofcourse it will be very hard to remake Wc3 in Sc2, if the radio-talk (lol as Allagremm called it) and portrait's will be unchangable, then it would suck! It will even be very hard to start with all that fan animationing for they're own models, all models will need lot's of animations, because Sc2 has lot's of features and you will there will be lots of animations for units to act those features, lol, like ect. I'm sure they will make (or made already) morph anims, when some units morph from ground units to water units... There will be lot's of animations because Sc2 will be featuring! (said that again, maybe more understandable)

Status
Not open for further replies.