• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What directly affects casting time for units?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Like the title, is it just cast backswing and casting point? or does that have to do with the animations of the hero when casting? i dont want that affected i just wanna know what only affects how fast a unit will cast without making animations look dumb as if they dont match up.

Level 12
By casting do you mean the delay between clicking the button, and the spell going off?

Aww, apparently I had 888 posts, if I noticed I would have taken a picture :(

Level 7
Uhm, no it won't have an animation at all. If you made it .01 for cast forward/backswing it'd appear but it'd be very fast with little animation movement for example, but at .00 for both there is no animation played but instant casting.

You could trigger the animation so it doesn't effect anything; but it'd be slightly more work.

Level 30
Also, setting both values to 0 will make unit still play it's animations, but those can break if there are other orders (Such in a situation where there are nearby enemies, making hero break the spell animation to attack, which again, displays attack animations).
If you set both to the same value, then the animation can't be interrupted or broken by ordering a unit to move or stop, like with the engine of Fan of Knives.
If one is higher than the other one, than unit will still play it's animation until the higher set value, but it can be broken starting from the moment of lower set timer.

I hope this helps you to understand these better.

Status
Not open for further replies.