• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Casting Entangling Roots with a dummy does not affect all units?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I made a dummy spell called [Mass Entangling Roots] and then a dummy with the ability Entangling roots

A trigger that picks all units around the caster and creates a dummy next to the caster and the dummy is ordered for each unit to cast entangling roots
The Entangling roots has casting time 0, mana required 0 so there must not be a problem right?
Only one unit got affected.
OK, I decided to use 2 dummies. 4 got affected. OH man, what the fuck?!
I created SIX dummies.
In an area with 20 enemy units it affects 12!

Also i created a trigger that loops each half second with unit array that turns off when the last unit is reached.
each half second because if it's lower time between loops, the amount of affected units gets reduced.
logically this shouldn't happen because the spell has no cooldown.

Does anyone have an idea what's going on?

EDIT: on 0.70 interval loop it affects all 20. Anyway. What if they are 40?

Movement Type: None, Speed Base: 0, Art - Cast Point/Backswing: 0.00, etc...

I would base it off of the Locust and work from there.

with locust it doesnt get recognized.

Cast Point is already 0
What i can try is change the turn rate.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
with locust it doesnt get recognized.

Cast Point is already 0
What i can try is change the turn rate.
Not sure what you mean about not being recognized but you don't have to change the turn rate. You just need these stats:
Attack: None
Movement: None
Speed Base: 0
Cast Point/Backswing: 0

If you know for a fact that it has these stats then it's an issue with your trigger.

Not sure what you mean about not being recognized but you don't have to change the turn rate. You just need these stats:
Attack: None
Movement: None
Speed Base: 0
Cast Point/Backswing: 0

If you know for a fact that it has these stats then it's an issue with your trigger.
I know this fact.
Well, Then by your logic it's my trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.