• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help with Passive-chance based entagling roots spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hello all >:D its been a while since I've been triggering so im a little rusty basically I need help triggering a passive ability which will have a chance of making the attacked unit be affected by a custom entangling roots the exact description of the ability is below:

Sprout:
With each attack the warrior has a chance to invoke the wrath of nature upon its foes. Attacks made by this unit have a 30% chance to sprout entangling roots upon the attacked enemy unit; disabling and damaging the attacked unit by 10 hitpoints per second for 5 seconds.

any trigger and dummy object data ability help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance and in case I forget :)

Level 16
You need a damage detection system from Bribe:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...e-v3-5-4-1-a-201016/?prev=d=list&r=20&u=Bribe

Using that, you make this trigger:

• Sprout
    • Events
      • Game - DamageEvent becomes Equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Sprout for DamageEventSource) Greater than or equal to 1
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 30
        • Then - Actions
          • Set TempPoint = (Position of DamageEventSource)
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of DamageEventSource) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots DamageEventTarget
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)
        • Else - Actions
If you don't want a unit to be entangled when it's already entangled, add the following line to the trigger's conditions:

• (DamageEventTarget has buff Sprout ) Equal to False
Here is a demo map. I just made the spell within Bribe's Damage Detection Map.

Attachments

• Sprout Ability.w3x
    40.1 KB · Views: 57
Level 9

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...e-v3-5-4-1-a-201016/?prev=d=list&r=20&u=Bribe

• Sprout
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of DamageEventSource) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots DamageEventTarget
        • Else - Actions
If you don't want a unit to be entangled when it's already entangled, add the following line to the trigger's conditions:

Thanks i'll test it out >:D

Level 9

• Sprout
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions

It works PERFECTLY! I just have two question how do I stop the number appearing on screen when a unit is hit and which set of conditions to I put the prevention trigger in?

Level 16
But rather than import the damage detection system you could just do "a unit is attacked."

I'm pretty sure this event fires when a unit begins attacking. So the player can spam attack and stop requests to abuse the ]system. You need a DDS to ensure the system only applies when the unit is actually hit.

I just have two question how do I stop the number appearing on screen when a unit is hit

I made your spell within Bribe's Damage Detection Engine map. Theres a bunch of other triggers you don't need, I just didn't remove them.

The only triggers you need from the DDS are the "Unit Indexer" Trigger, and the "Damage Engine" trigger. You can delete the 6 triggers found under the Test 1 folder. You can also remove the "Is Unit Moving" trigger if you have no need to detect if units are moving or not.

which set of conditions to I put the prevention trigger in?

Here. Note I made a small mistake. The buff should be entangling roots, not sprout (whatever buff is given to the entangling roots ability).

• Sprout
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (DamageEventTarget has buff Entangling Roots) Equal to False
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
You could also do the Orb Effect trick, no triggering skills needed.
Passive ability with a cooldown (attack-based)

Seems interesting. Does it allow the 30% chance thing though?

SImple is better. But rather than import the damage detection system you could just do "a unit is attacked." I know it's not as fancy, but I'm not sure he needs to make it happen on impact. That's a lot of work for a simple move like this. The orb ability is probably the way to go.

Please, just please, don't use that event in this kind of case.

Anyway, I would go with the orb theory instead. It saves lots of time, but the DDS way sure doesn't hurt and the system itself worth a long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.