• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

What buildings should Mr. Bob make next?

What Building style should I create next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i couldn't help myself
i've assigned each building a pathing texture and a size, as well as a selection size, they look pretty decent compared to each other. the castle, however, has a little bit sticking out at front, if i'd reduced the whole thing to fit that, it would've looked weird >_>
note that all of them have farm icon/stats.
:- )

Attachments

• Mr. Bob's Buildings.w3x
    389.8 KB · Views: 76
Level 31
i couldn't help myself
i've assigned each building a pathing texture and a size, as well as a selection size, they look pretty decent compared to each other. the castle, however, has a little bit sticking out at front, if i'd reduced the whole thing to fit that, it would've looked weird >_>
note that all of them have farm icon/stats.
:- )

Nice! But note that they look weird without ground textures. And, the watch tower is WAY too big. As is the wizard tower. : )

Level 13
Awesome models , you are a god !

EDIT: When will you release the Atlantis model pack? xD

Last edited:
Level 31
Well, I pre-scaled them, so right at 1 should be perfect.. Except the mines of course. XD Note that the watch tower should be very small.

{EDIT}
BUMP

btw, I sent out a plea to the admins to see if there is some way to get them out to the public. But, to be honest, I really don't think it will work. I may end up uploading them on a different site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 31
Why don't you just upload them to the Model section? The comment areas of each resource could be locked. People would have to leave their comments on a pack resource (which you will then submit).

EDIT: Oh, by the way, awesome models! :thumbs_up:

I can lock comments? I didn't know that...

But, how would they get approved? By themselves, they don't work. They require other models. Wouldn't the moderators immediately shoot them down? According to site rules, mods need to decide case by case. Plus, I can't (according to the rules of the pack section) make a pack until all the models going in are approved.

Last point is, (as moot or stupid as it may be XD) a lot of the moderators here have different views on models. For instance, all of these models range from 1000 to 1500 polies. To me, that's very low. But, to some moderators, that's super high. D: And, what if these different mods moderate different models? It would be chaos! D:

I don't know what to do. D: Should I go ahead and try to upload them all? I also need to learn how to lock comments.

BTW, thanks for merging the two posts. XD Sorry 'bout that.

EDIT: K, they are all in the model section..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.