• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

what about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
How about everything submitted has a score out of 100, and if it gets to 0 it's deleted from the server. This will not only get rid of crappy icons, but also free up server space. (add 0 to the ranking system)

Each person here has experience points. Submitting an icon/skin/etc. gives you experience. You can also get experience by voting. The more experience you have, the more your vote is worth (ie: 200 exp has less of an impact on the score than someone with 2000 exp).
To make sure people don't abuse this, you can make sure each vote is worth 2 experience, with a total of 10 exp/day.

Examples of this system:
Icon A is submitted, with an initial score of 50/100 (average). I vote 5 on it, with experience of 1000. Because of this, the icon's score gets raised to roughly 60/100. I get 2 experience for voting. I vote on four more icons, and then I no longer gain any experience for the day.
Alternatively, I vote 0 on it, with experience of 1000, and as do other people. The icon's score will get lower and lower to 0, until it reaches 0 and is deleted.

Just a suggestion.

Level 5
a vote of 1 star really dose nothing in the big pic, if you get 5 votes and 4 are 5 stars and 1 is a 1 star, then your score will be like 4.73 and that is good enough for #1 anyhow, But my whole point was just that it really doesn't matter what one person votes, if your spell or map or skin, so forth are good enough people will be fair.

Level 12
khif said:
a vote of 1 star really dose nothing in the big pic, if you get 5 votes and 4 are 5 stars and 1 is a 1 star, then your score will be like 4.73 and that is good enough for #1 anyhow, But my whole point was just that it really doesn't matter what one person votes, if your spell or map or skin, so forth are good enough people will be fair.

What if only one person voted? it shows 1 because nobody cares on voting well for a spell even if they liked it.

Your point seems to be like mine was before, Remove the worthless rating system now

Status
Not open for further replies.