1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Weird Model bug

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Zwiebelchen, Sep 15, 2015.

  1. Zwiebelchen

    Zwiebelchen

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2009
    Messages:
    6,791
    Resources:
    12
    Models:
    5
    Maps:
    1
    Spells:
    1
    Tutorials:
    1
    JASS:
    4
    Resources:
    12
    I have this weird graphical bug that two of the models I used bug out and somehow get stretched abnormally (it almost likes like some branches are attached to the camera when I move it around).
    This applies to both the editor and ingame.

    Any ideas why that might happen?

    The models look and work fine in Magos and MDLVis, they only bug in the game engine.


    I attached both the models and a screenshot.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Flux

    Flux

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2014
    Messages:
    2,334
    Resources:
    28
    Maps:
    1
    Spells:
    19
    Tutorials:
    2
    JASS:
    6
    Resources:
    28
    I recall I also have that problem a while back, but the stretched part looks black when it happens to me. Did you optimized your model in Mdlvis?
     
  3. Stefan.K

    Stefan.K

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2014
    Messages:
    1,427
    Resources:
    84
    Models:
    84
    Resources:
    84
    A lot of people had this kind of problem. I think this happens because some vertices of the model are not attached on the bones, or they are but on wrong bone.
     
  4. Dr Super Good

    Dr Super Good

    Spell Reviewer

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2005
    Messages:
    25,476
    Resources:
    3
    Maps:
    1
    Spells:
    2
    Resources:
    3
    Happens when the scene is too complex. For example if you place thousands of Tauren Chieftains in view you end up with this...
    [​IMG]
    Some of the actor geometry gets attached and stretched to random points as seen in the demonstration image.
     
  5. PurgeandFire

    PurgeandFire

    Code Moderator

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2006
    Messages:
    7,427
    Resources:
    18
    Icons:
    1
    Spells:
    4
    Tutorials:
    9
    JASS:
    4
    Resources:
    18
    it's a cool effect. you should keep it in your map and trip ppl out
     
  6. Zwiebelchen

    Zwiebelchen

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2009
    Messages:
    6,791
    Resources:
    12
    Models:
    5
    Maps:
    1
    Spells:
    1
    Tutorials:
    1
    JASS:
    4
    Resources:
    12
    Actually, they were attached to the right bone, but the weight was not set to 100%. I reattached the vertices to the bone using the reattach feature of MDLVis, which sets the weight to 100%, now the models display correctly.

    Thanks mate!

    Thread closed.