• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Weapon Type - Missile (Line) HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i wanna make my enforcer spear pierce in a line to damage all targets in its path. If the missile type is there i guess it doesnt need a custom trigger?
I tried looking for any piercing spells and i cant find any... well none that i know of. Plz i wanna know how i can make my projectile damage all target in its path

NOTE : i want a kind of ... Shockwave spell but on my auto-attack. just like a passive splash or passive Barrage. but instead a passive attack.. when my hero attack a target the projectile go for the enemy then continu its path damaging anything its collision with.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Level 22
Yeahh, you can do that, without triggers. :)

Weapon type - Missle (line).
Area of effect (full damage) - Max (1000).
Damage spill distance (change this value to change the lenght of the missle attack) - 1500 is good.
Damage spill radius - 100
Max number of targets - Max (100).
Projectile speed - Max if you got a melee hero (10.000); if not, just pick a number you like. :p

Now it should work.

Level 16

lol...

Try check out what actually MISSILE LINE is used at...

It is used for VORPAL GLAIVE ability

ITS ABILITY EFFECT IS : DAMAGE UNIT BEHIND the ATTACKED UNIT

in other words, it is not SHOCKWAVE

it is LANAYA'S PSI BLADE.

if you want to create Psi blade of lanaya, use it, if you learn that thing, set upgrade level to 1, to enable Back unit Attack.

Level 2
kk 1st razor i dunno why u laugh your not getting it at all. i dont want a SPELL but just make it on my AUTO-ATTACK. and SHOCKWAVE was just an exemple :) ty.

2nd. Ramza's idea sounds good. i did only make it line and aoe full damage i did not know bout damage spill distance/radius. so imma try it :)

EDIT: ramza its working but 1 thing, the spear missile(the animation) stops at first target and damage others in a line (the line damage works but projectile animation stops at first target, is it possible to make it continue its path to full distance and as a begginer in map making :infl_thumbs_up: ty in advance

Last edited:
Level 22
That's not possible without triggers, I believe. You would have to check out the spells Baassee and Razor21 posted.

Maybe you could do something like this:

Events
Unit - A unit Is attacked

Conditions
(Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to ''Whatever unit you want''

Actions
Unit - Create 1 ''Dummy unit with shockwave ability'' for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at (Position of (Attacking unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (Position of (Attacked unit))

Level 7
Well... I think I got your idea... you might need 2 triggers for that
Trigger #1:
When an unit of [Unit type] attack, creates an unit of type [Projectile] faces the attacker's facing degree (Don't forget to clean leaks)
Trigger #2:
Every ~0.04 secs:
Pick all unit of type [Projectile] and check
If number of enemy units around the picked unit in an AoE is more than 1
then deal damage in AoE
else move picked unit to the point with appropriate polar offset, facing it' current facing degree
(Don't forget to clean leaks again)

Using this system, you can fix your unit attack easily, avoid the annoying shocking wave effect of Shock Wave, and add some awesome effects (like poisons, silence, blah blah blah...)
Good luck!
If you don't understand anything, just post here; I or other people will help you in the complete trigger

Level 2
Well yeah my unit is a hero with changing damage. its attack type is set to (Missile (Line)) range of the missile is set to 1500, radius to 50. tho my hero throws its spear, Spear goes into the target damage it, the projectile dissappear BUT the damage does damage all targets behind the first attacked but it looks a little stupid to see them going down when they are not even in contact with the spear, basically i want to see the animation ''piercing'' the target and continu to its 1500 range (Just the animation, rest is working properly)

Level 16
what i am saying is,missile line is for "damaging units at the back" of the target hit. read carefully, i didn't even mention about making a spell, i just said its used in a spell called psyblade in dota.

rather, in melee map, Vorpal blade is balista's ability, where it only shows description and does nothing else,

the one functioning is the "Upgrades"

dota use upgrade to change unit's attack type into missile line.

What you want is, "Damaging all unit in its path" not "Damaging unit at the back of the target"

using missile line won't damage anything in its path.

so, use a missile system such as sliding missiles or anything, rather simply make a Shockwave or carrion, or crushing wave everytime unit attack,

there is a simple method, Without trigger, making the unit throw out a "Shocwave, carrion,or crushing wave" every attack (Ranged or melee)

use the "Orb of lightning ability"

change the Percentage into 100%

and change the ability into "Spear Throw" or anything you made of the Shocwave.
but this will not work with changing the base damage,

use Falzelzo's method for best animation, and base damage detect compatible method.

i wanna make my enforcer spear pierce in a line to damage all targets in its path. If the missile type is there i guess it doesnt need a custom trigger?
I tried looking for any piercing spells and i cant find any... well none that i know of. Plz i wanna know how i can make my projectile damage all target in its path

NOTE : i want a kind of ... Shockwave spell but on my auto-attack. just like a passive splash or passive Barrage. but instead a passive attack.. when my hero attack a target the projectile go for the enemy then continu its path damaging anything its collision with.

Thanks!
This is AMAZING!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.