• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Barrage & Missle (splash) help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I want the ranged units in my map to be able to use Orb of Annihilation, which requires Missile (splash) attack type, and use barrage, which seems to break if you have the Missile (splash) attack type.

Does anyone know a way for barrage to work with the Missile (splash) attack type?

Level 5
Ok, I'm trying to trigger the splash of the Orb of Annihilation. Why doesn't this work?

• orb of annihilation
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Orb of Annihilation
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at (Position of (Triggering unit)), dealing (Damage taken) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Level 3
Could someone at least tell me what those 3 logical errors are?

1st, there is no ability being cast here because the event is An unit is attacked, so the conditions is meaningless.
The other two, i'm not sure it is but the "after 0.00s" and the "position of triggering unit" may have problem. Best change it to "0.01s" and "position of attacked unit".
Correct me if i'm wrong, I have never work with orb attack before.

Level 5
Ok, going from your comments, this seems like it would be closer to working. Anyone know what is wrong with this one?

• orb of annihilation
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Orb of Annihilation
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.01 seconds of radius 500.00 at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Level 12
Ok, going from your comments, this seems like it would be closer to working. Anyone know what is wrong with this one?

• orb of annihilation
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit is attacked
    • Conditions
      • Level of (Orb of Annihilation) for (Attacking Unit) is Greater Than 0
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = Position of (Attacked Unit)
      • Unit - Cause (Attacking Unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at TempPoint, dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Magic
      • CustomScript - Call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)

This will work. Remember to create a variable (CTRL + D) of type Point, named TempPoint.

Obs*: Damage Type Magic means it will not damage magic invulnerable units.

Level 5
Thanks for all the help everyone. It's mostly working!

• orb of annihilation
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Orb of Annihilation for (Attacking unit)) Greater than 0
    • Actions
      • Custom script: call TriggerSleepAction(10/I2R(GetHeroStatBJ(bj_HEROSTAT_AGI, GetAttacker(),true)))
      • Wait ((Distance between (Position of (Triggering unit)) and (Position of (Attacking unit))) x (0.01 x 0.10)) seconds
      • Set temppoint = (Position of (Attacked unit))
      • Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 300.00 at temppoint, dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Magic
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temppoint)
two more issues. The scripted damage hurts the attacking player, which is bad. How can I exclude allied players?

Also, I only want the splash damage to work if the Orb of Annihilation is on auto-cast. How can I detect if it is auto-cast?

Edit: just found another bug. If I hit stop before the attack is released, it still does the damage. I can rapid fire AOE damage by tapping stop. Any ways to prevent this?

Status
Not open for further replies.