• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orb of Fire actual splash damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKW

SKW

Level 3
Is it possible at all?

EDIT: Currently using Orb of Annihilation. Can't seem to make it enable attack 2 however. Is there a workaround?

EDIT2: Seems that you need to use Missile(Splash) as your attack type in order to do anything. Still no results that can be used practically. Might be useful for later.

EDIT3: Nope, Artillery doesn't work, despite what you'd think. Yeesh, this was a hard-coded mess. Right now, it seems like Orb of Fire doesn't actually have a hope.

Honestly.........Is there any way to make Orb of Fire GOOD?

Last edited:

SKW

SKW

Level 3
The idea is for Orb of Fire to give the unit using it actual splash damage (As in damage based on their attack damage) as opposed to just 5 damage in a radius.

So far, I've just hit brick wall after brick wall.
@xanok could you explain what you did? I can't seem to get it to work as an item passive, only as an active ability

Level 21
Oh, you wanted it as a passive. In this case it's very likely that you can't do it without triggers. You can try using orb of annihilation(or any other unit-target area effect ability) through orb of lightning though(the one that casts targeted abilities).

SKW

SKW

Level 3
You lost me there.

Do I make a modded orb of lightning that casts orb of annihilation?
EDIT: Doing so apparently is how you can create multistrike.

SKW

SKW

Level 3
I tried. It more or less did that, but since orb of anhiliation is an autoattack, as is orb of lightning, whenever it procs, it attacks twice.

I think we accidentally invented windfury in WCIII

SKW

SKW

Level 3
Not really.

It only spawns a second projectile that deals auto attack damage and the added splash. So in effect it's shooting twice every time it procs. I'll try to test if it can proc bash or critical strike seperately from the main attack.

Level 12
wait, orb of fire doesn't deal % of attack as splash? I've been lied to all my life, ChildhoodRuined.jpg nvm I'm retarded.

How about just using DDS and check if unit has passive ability?

Level 12
Damage Detection System

It makes it so that you have an event to detect when damage is dealt. So with it you could check if the level of orb of fire ability is higher than 0 then deal damage to nearby units.

Getting an entire system might be kind of overkill for only a single passive, but generally you want to use a DDS for a lot of different things in the same map anyway.

SKW

SKW

Level 3
Eh, I'm just trying to make a remixed melee map. Probably not worth the overkill.

I'll just go with a proc chance to generate a big explosion of fire.

Level 7
Dance Dance Studio?
(I'm an idiot, stop throwing big words at me)

Lol ^^

Does it have to be orb of fire. Why not use flak cannon?
EDIT: NVM it also does set damage

Can you have a second attack that is splash damage. The orb unlocks the second attack type

Status
Not open for further replies.