• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orb of fire, frost lightning no longer working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey there! I'm having some issues with the orb of fire, lighting and frost....For whatever reason the effects stopped working on certain units.

For example, I go to pick up an orb of fire, it will add the attack damage, and show the orb circling the weapon, but there's no splash damage! Same with the orb of frost, it doesn't slow down the enemy's "Freezing them" when you attack.....Aso the purge effect doesn't work with the lightning orb....

I don't get it...It seems to work some times....! some times working on one enemy unit but not the other....

Even when I go to attack one of my own units it shows the effect!

Gaaah i'm confused! Any ideas why it stopped working?

Level 7
I don't think this ever worked, unless you order your unit to attack a specific target

Level 7
I don't think this ever worked, unless you order your unit to attack a specific target
Oh hey there, thanks for the reply....But yeah that's what I've been using it for, to attack specific target.....but for some reason the item isn't working as it normally does, like when I get a hero to pick up an orb of frost for example, and that hero goes to attack an enemy unit, that *Frost* effect isn't working as it use to :/ Same with the orb of fire, normally how it works is, when you would hit a target it would cause splash damage, and show flame when you hit the target, but for some reason that isn't working.. I'm so confused lol

Level 9
Hello, i dont know on what patch you are playing but the fire orb was changed, it does healing reduction now instead of the aoe sperad attack. Also the orb's effects are not tirggered every time a hero attacks but there is a percentage that set the chances to apply the buff effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.