• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Invoker Orbs (Fire/Lightning/Frost) + Earth + Wind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hi!

Hi! I'm working on a TD where there's an Elemental Tower which upgrades to Fire, Lightning, Frost, Wind and Earth towers.

I want this base tower to have Fire / Lightning / Frost orbs flying around (Like Invoker's). Plus, I added some dust effect on it's feet and some wind effect around.

I tried to add 3 sphere abilities with different orbs models but it messes all up and orbs fly anywhere, not like Invoker's. BDW, those models looks awfull. Are there some better orb models around? and, Would it be possible to make all 5 elemental orbs to fly around the tower?

That you can do with triggers like what chaosy told you or you can ask some good model maker to make you bones(attachments) for towers (exp) attachments will call mount1, mount2. I will now tell you reason why orbs around blood mage goes well. Exp you have attachment hand and ofc it's always on position of the hand(that attachment will move if your hand move), but it's different for attachments for the orbs of blood mage the are moving all the time and they have no one stable position.
If you want to know how icefrog make invokers orbs I think to he used many and complicated triggers ( because game can be very laggy if someone play with him and because non orb doesn't disappear when he cast any spell)
My suggestion is to ask someone to make you attachments instead of many and very complicated triggers. I hope to u now know at least why it doesnt fork :D

Level 20
I'm pretty sure that Invoker orbs aren't moving with triggers. These can be just 3 dummy hidden abilities with that Art-Caster attachment. Has nothing to do with the Hero attack. He just replaced the Wc3 orbs with other prettier models.

The thing is, when I add 3 Sphere abilities with different Orbs on (sprite, first), (sprite, second), and (sprite, third), they don't fly over the hero as if there was one ability with the three sprites on the same ability... I also tried with orb effects but coudln't achieve it :(

Level 20
I am using the sprite attachment points... But I was using moving orb effect, wich were moving over the already moving attachment points, that's why they were getting so messy. :)

Level 20
The 5 orbs was just an idea. Right now I'm just using a wisp as a base elemental tower.

What I would really like is some kind of Morphling with Fire/Lightning/Earth/Frost/Dark orbs flying around as an atom energy particles, and some kind of noticeable wind effect around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.