• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make attacks damages everything in a line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can detect the basic attack of a unit (this can be quite complicated, but luckily, you have a tutorial on it xD). You can then make the unit attack instant, instead of missile. When the attack is detected, you can order a dummy unit to send a breath of fire-based spell (if you make the Area of Effect and Final Area the same, it will be a line, not a cone). Or use a missle system, but a dummy caster should be the simplest solution. You can use the new DAMAGING event in order to change the attack type to the attack type of the unit and set the damage type to normal.

You can detect the basic attack of a unit (this can be quite complicated, but luckily, you have a tutorial on it xD). You can then make the unit attack instant, instead of missile. When the attack is detected, you can order a dummy unit to send a breath of fire-based spell (if you make the Area of Effect and Final Area the same, it will be a line, not a cone). Or use a missle system, but a dummy caster should be the simplest solution. You can use the new DAMAGING event in order to change the attack type to the attack type of the unit and set the damage type to normal.

A spell's damage doesn't scale with the attackers damage though. It would just deal a flat amount to everything. I'm leaning towards the missile system, but I don't really know how to use it.

A spell's damage doesn't scale with the attackers damage though. It would just deal a flat amount to everything. I'm leaning towards the missile system, but I don't really know how to use it.
You can use the new DAMAGING event to change the damage done. You could either calculate the damage again by simulating the unit dice roll, or just use the original damage the unit dealt when it attacked the enemy.

Last edited:
I presumed you were creating it by casting a spell. You can set the height of special effects with the new natives now so that should fix the issue if you’re creating it manually.

Not exactly. I'm using a normal breath of fire spell that uses its own projectile, which you cannot edit. I can and already altered the projectile's model, and everything is working fine. This thread should be solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.