• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

MIS-UNDERSTANDING of Missile Line

Level 10
Yeah. I can see that many members tried to get Weapon type - Missile Line to work as they thought it should: "Damage units in the line which the weapon art passes through".

But the problem is that this feature is to make units behind the targeted unit being damaged not those units behind the missile art (area between the targeted unit and the attacker with the weapon type missile line.)
I think the game understands that the missile is in FRONT of the targeted unit, so those units behind the missile art ARE NOT behind the targeted units, so they can't be damage as we thought they should be.

I hope my explanation is clear. :ogre_rage:

Attachments

• Screenshot_10.jpg
    Screenshot_10.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 15

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I... think I understand what you're trying to say.

So you expected "Missile - Line" to make an attack work like the Starcraft-Brood War "Lurker" unit (or like the Crypt Lord's "Impale" ability), with an attack that hits enemy units in a line, starting from the attacking unit & ending at the attacked unit?

And instead "Missile - Line" makes it so damage is dealt in a line "after" the attacked unit is hit, i.e. "behind" the attacked unit?

Level 27
In that case, isn't that what everyone knows already? I mean, that's literally how the vanilla Ballistae and Gryphon Riders work.

Although, on a side note, we can use an ability based on Item Attack Lightning Bonus then give it a 100% chance to proc Impale to simulate the Lurker's behaviors.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Although, on a side note, we can use an ability based on Item Attack Lightning Bonus then give it a 100% chance to proc Impale to simulate the Lurker's behaviors.
Impale temporarily makes targets invulnerable and stuns them. That's definitely not how the Lurker attacks.
Storm Hammers type attack is also not lurkerish because the line of attack is not quite a line and units behind the target, can be randomly chosen to be dealt damage to.