• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bounce attacks or chain lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi.

This is not an actual problem I need help with, it's more a question about a game aspect. I thought that maybe people here on the forum knows about this. Here is a thought I have:

I set the Hunters bounce attack to hit 12 targets and I lower the missile speed to say 250 and I replace the missile art with a ball of lightning.
(Kinda makes the attack to a slow deadly ball that hunts enemy units)

When an enemy unit hits me with that attack the attack will bounce on twelve of my units and damage them.

Four questions:

1) I wonder, are the 12 targets decided when the missile is fired or does the missile hit the next target that is near the previously hit target?

2) This means, is there anyway I can outmicro the missile by running away with my precious units and instead send cheap units towards the missile to take the "bounces" from the attack?

3) Does it work the same way with chain lightning?

4) Is there anyway possible to run from a spell or missile that has targeted one of your units, and make the spell or missile foil or "give up"?

Level 5
Don't listen to him, this is total bullshit.

When it hits a target then it chooses the nearest available target and strikes at it.

ad. 2
Yes.

ad. 3
Yes.

ad. 4
Yes. Get invulnerable or magic immune or invisible. You can also dodge disables by morphing with uninterruptable transformation.

Status
Not open for further replies.