1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Weapon and effects discussion

Discussion in 'Elimination' started by Eusira, Dec 27, 2004.

1. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmm the problem is you never fire at that high range. And wouldnt you get mad if you suddenly died, without knowing what killed you?

2. iNfraNe

iNfraNe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    3d sound isnt fun, but mines is a GREAT idea :D u could let them show some kind of "light" each 5 seconds (which should still be hard 2 see) so you can hide them in bushes, very fun ^^.

3. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Mines are now 99% finished, they will be included in the 2.0 release which is released in a few hours.

4. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Did you include flashlights or nightvision? And maybe cloaking (short timed), and maybe optic cameras which give vision for snipers and for hunters just for like 20 seconds

5. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I did include cloaking (called stealth) which turns you invisible for a few seconds (i think its 5) but slows movement speed.

If i do make the "EMP grenade" which would knock out all lights and systems, i will probably add nigth vision too which could counter this effect.

6. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Pick all units and check if they are the soldiers, and create a blackout filter for the players. You could make it like an EMP-Flashbang

7. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmm i think that would be just TOO much like a 2nd flashbang... The room itself should be dark, instead of the vision of the character. It could disable vision in that room for about 3 min, instead of the flashbang that needs to "hit" the enemies and only last a few seconds.

8. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Over constantly create black mask over the vicinity of the EMP, or even better, cut out all lights in one region

9. iNfraNe

iNfraNe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    maybe make some day/night effects? like a 50% black filter during the night to make it harder 2 see enemies??
    (if you are ever going 2 continue it cuz stupid wow seems 2 be fun for you)

10. Crazynutter

Crazynutter

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    WoW is pure evil, no editing tools and it sucks the life from Warcraft 3

and i like the idea about night and day though make day longer than night or it would get annoying

11. Anonymous

Anonymous

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Mabye GaDDeN should make some night vision goggles or infrared goggles, to make night dependent on technology and EMP grenades to make them uslesss?

It is for sure if GaDDeN is not visitnig the site often just like Darky and some other persons I think.

Sorry for the off topic. :?

12. Pike

Pike

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    It was me... Sorry, but I've forgot it isn't any of the higher forums which you're automatically logged. :roll:

13. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lol yeah im inactive both as modder and poster due to WoW, that is correct.

I WILL still work on this project though, as soon as i get enough bug reports and comments so i feel like a new version is required to fix this, i will make one. When you know what to do, it doesnt take much time at all to mod/make maps.

Btw, notice that Elim is now on front page as map no. 13 or something like that in downloaded!

14. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I KNOW!!! Just give the caster of the EMP if he blasts the power generators a moonstone powerup, and give them like 200 night vision and only make it useful if they have like a flashlight of something

15. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmm no that wouldnt work really; the forest would become dark. Its better if i make a transparent model or something around the area where the EMP grenade detonated.

16. iNfraNe

iNfraNe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    do I here... model? ^^

I wanna make models :D

17. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    How about a giant black cube model with locust to clog up a bunch of vision around a lighted area?

18. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmm i think it would look weird, since it would sometimse be a blackblock through the walls etc.

It would be soo much easier if i just made a moonstone-effect and a very low vision at "night".

19. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Or you could make the forest in the middle an envirodome, like a small nature area thingy, kind of like a greenhouse in the facility. Also, don't forget the control room!

20. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, the control room. Im not working that fast right now, to busy playing the WoW beta. Yes good idea about the nature area... The problem right now is that nobody really use the outdoors area, its allways fight inside =(