1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Weapon and effects discussion

Discussion in 'Elimination' started by Eusira, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    General Discussion should be left for bugs and modes.

Delete this is I'm wrong.

So what I have suggested
    -Control Room with light switch and gravity controls (Cameras by Dankiz)
    -Spinfusor, Plasma pistol, and laser pistol armanents

New ideas-- Thermite Grenade- like a burning grenade, but will leave fire for a short moment, following that, there is a massive but undetectable release of heat which scorches and slows units in the heat.

If not already, smoke grenade-- I will try to recolor the cloud effect, and since the alt key is disabled, you can use it as cover

Last thing I can think of-- shields-- these are like force shields, and required a shield pack. However, you can only hold 1 of 3 packs-- health, shield, and power-- power lets you use the higher half of your skills, and the laser pistol. Health allows you to slowly regerate, and offers a small boost to health. Shield packs reduce your vulnerability to the carrion swarm bullets by offering you 30% magic resistance. If possible, you should also include night vision packs, in case someone get unlock the control room, preferrably by creating switches all over the space station your teammates must hit (like 3 switches, if all 3 activated the control room opens for 5 seconds, one switch near the doors for the last opener to go in, and a ventilation system for escape, which cannot be use to recover.

Dankiz, I think you should do a vent system. What you can do is create a vetnilation system outside the map, likw a 32x32 area. It is like a maze, but when you enter it, you camera bounds are set to the system. But the control-room system is seperate, and has two forks. What you have to do is just create a massive warping trigger with dummy units, so when one unit enters within 80 of a vent point, just pick all units around EVERY vent point and move them to a corresponding vent.

2. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Why on earth would dankiz make it? Hes my slave artist ^^

Smoke grenade was added yesterday, but it needs a grey recolor.

Termite Grenade - Yeah good idea, but maybe i can call it "Radiation Grenade" instead and make it slowly degenerate all nearby.

The shield thing sounds cool too!

Im leaving for the skiing vacation now, you other guys on the forums discuss this instead of me! :D

3. DankiZ

DankiZ

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, i could never even touch one of GaDDeNs maps (Ehm hem).

I only make the skins for the maps, don't edit 'em.

(Btw, the skin i made for this map is the first one i made.)

4. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    are there frag grenades? What you could do is create a frag like any normal grenade, and on impact, create several medium grenade blasts which are randomly placed within a short radius, which occasionally allows a strike even though you missed the radius

5. SnaKy

SnaKy

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I think Fragmentation grenade (or cluster) is great idea...

6. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Im back from skiing =)

Yes maybe there cud be like a 1 sec delay before the fragmentation shards hit the ground nearby, but the grenade wouldnt need any detonation time.

7. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Another possible thing is to give a camera system of sentry wards set as cams, and give access if the control proom operator pauses their unit to view the cams, and possibly use one turret (control it)

8. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh yeah just like dankiz said!

Maybe just something simple as a switch that changes control over the cameras placed on the map (the cameras could look just like the cinematic camera model placed in corners).

9. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    And access to two turrets, both in key points. The turret has a delayed damage point, and a fairly slow missle (probably like 800 speed) so it's like an AvP minigun, so if they are already running they won't really be hit. Also, you should make the units have like 100 health (like a percentage)

10. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very good idea about the gun... Maybe the teams should start with one of these turrets on their side, and then you can pack them up/down to move them (but moving a packed turret slowls your movement speed!)

You mean the Agents should have 100 health or?

11. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    It's to simulate percentage points. What I mean about the turrets is that they can be controlled in the control room, but these are fixed and placed. What happens is if an enemy (friend or foe of person) comes by, the turrets are activated, charge up for a short moment, and then start spewing energy bolts. If you have ever played Metroid Prime, you know what I'm talking about

12. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmm as you can increase your hp by armors, it wouldnt stay 100 for long.

No i havent played metroid prime so i dunno ^^ But it does sound cool =) Ill start workin on it soon!

13. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    All you have to do is give it a low backswing point and a damage point of about 1, which makes the turret fires a projectile about 1 second after it starts attacking, giving ample time for evasion. Just make sure the missle doesn't home :D

As for armor, what you could do, as I said, is use magic resistance because of waht you're using-- carrion swarm

14. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Tower sounds cool =) So i use a very low artillery splash then, correct?

Magic resistance is percentage based, and im trying to avoid things you cant easily calculate while fighting. I mean, if you see an enemy with 100 hp and your weapon deals 40 damage, i want you to be sure that you kill him in 3 hits. But if he had some weirdo 10% magic resistance, he wouldnt die.

15. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Or give them something like Anti-Magic shell, so it simiulates real armor taking wear and tear

16. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Now that is a very good idea! So players who purchase good armor can actually deflect a pistol blast without taking damage at all... Cool idea ill make it when i get back, im LANing.

17. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    In fact, you should probably remove armor and replace with shield packs. For example, tankers would use shield packs, stealth killers would use power packs, and recon and scouts would use health packs (which heal)

This way also, you could create a scoreboard to track your teammates' health. But I would use heroes in this, give them like 5 skill points and only 5, and let them pick from leveling up 4 skills.

18. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Could you explain what you mena by "shield packs" etc.? You never said what they were supposed to be... HP-increasers or?

Btw, have you played the map yet? ^^

19. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Not yet, because I can't host anymore. But I told Pike to make a gate for you and it's looking good so far. Have fun with the map. Also, you should make like storage rooms or things like that where you can hide and basically ambush enemies. POssibly make a knife as well

20. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The problem with a knife is that the rifleman attack animation looks like using a grenade launcher or something. So calling that "stab" would look kinda... weird ^^

Oh you really should try the map, so you better understand what i mean when i discuss ur suggestions.