1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Weapon and effects discussion

Discussion in 'Elimination' started by Eusira, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Use the new soldier model recently submitted. It's a lot better.

What I am saying is the shield is like a force field. It will stay, no matter how weak, but will stop all attacks until broken. However, it only offers like 30 extra defense

2. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You mean like anti magic shell? Absorvs amount of damage and is then destroyed?

Cuz i have made a item that can be used every 2 min which can absorb up to 20 points of damage.

3. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    You could have made a one0charge non-perishable item powerup that gives AMS, but make sure when they drop it it's like useless

4. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The Energy Shield i have now is a 1 use item that gives a 20hp AMS for unlimited time. So basically, its like adding 20 hp that cannot regenerate, and is lost forever once you get damaged.

5. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Make sure you cannot drop any packs you have, and you only are limited to one pack a person. Health packs should be like for medics, to heal allies only. This will encourage teamwork. Also, you might want to have like key cards hidden in the areas where you can take them to open doors and stuff, and possibly a amster key of something. But that's optional.

6. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nah i want healthpack to be usable in singleplayer too.

Yes thats a cool idea, i do have some gates on the map that cud have keys.

7. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    This is what Pike is working on
    [​IMG]

8. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Pike whos that?

Oh is it for Elimination or for something else? Its damn cool!

9. Pike

Pike

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    It's that guy working on Clash of the Titans mod changing Warcraft 3 into Red Alert 2 just 3 forums above yours. End of those jokes.

That render is a gate doodad of a cliff, if you're interesed I can try to make a door like gate, but that depends on what you're goning to include in your project map.

Good night.

10. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Heh sorry i dont check wc3s forums except my own 8)

If you could make doors that look somewhat like that (3 tiles wide, thats how all my entrences are) it would be so perfect!

Oh and im also interested in that little camera, pointing alittle down just like that one do. Cuz im gonna put up camera doodads in some corners, which you can "use" to reveal that room from another room.

You would get the same credits as dankiz (tileset/skins) and Snaky (loading screen, preview picture) got.

11. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Maybe electrocution equipment (very expensive) to paralyze enemies, or to hack open doors

12. Pike

Pike

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    If I can throw in some ideas I think that the automatic weapons should have a burst or a short auto shot, but do the same damage, to make it look better.

I think maybe a EMP grenade which overrides some systems in the game like the door to open or be "stunned" for a short time, maybe some weaponry to be useless for similar amount of time.

About that paralyzing enemies with some toxins? Maybe even toxins that damage and worn of slowly but damage everyone and can be found very rarely not to make it to imbalanced.

I'll think of some more later.

13. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Good ideas, thanks all =)

Maybe the EMP grenade could also knock out all lights in the area, creating a dark filter over the area so you can barely see your enemies?

14. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Also, because oyu disabled alt, you could just create a darkened effect like a dark cloud model from TOB

15. Voi

Voi

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Could you make land mines as one type of auto-spawn things. You could give it a 10 seconds activation delay...and it should'nt be invisible. But you can hide it in the new bushes or something like that. And it has a rather big explosion radius. You have to trigger your own land mine then since the land mine abilities make it invulnerable.
    Tell me what you think about that idea :).

16. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Space stations don't have bushes. Maybe EMP mines or even an EMP gun instead of spinfusor

17. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Eusira: If you would have red the other post on the forum called "Terrain remake" you would know that half the map now have bushes ^^

Voi: Very cool idea, but do you have any suggestions of how you would detect them? You need to be able to detect them in some way, and you need to be able to disarm them. Otherwise you can block entrences with them ^^

Maybe putting a low sound on it, so you can hear it if you move close? Like a "Beep beep beep beep"

And making it so you can fire at it to destroy...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    yes that last with sound is good idea :). Use a periodic event to detect them since the a unit comes in range of unit trigger can't respond the unit in the event.

19. GaDDeN

GaDDeN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Why not just create a 3d sound at its position?

I prosume u are Voi? rnt logged in ^^

20. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    One last suggestion: Snipers: You use scope which locks your sniper in place for a short moment. When done so, you have a short area revealed whereever you please within a range. When you attack, you release a high-power shot that can kill if aimed (100 splash marker, is outside 30 of original target it does half, which is like 60 damage)