• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Ideas for Hero abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi, I'm going to release a new version of my map: Space Orcs!, and I need some ideas for new heroes that are going to be in them. Here are the heroes and what abilities they currently have. All ideas are subject to change. Thanks ahead of time for your help. The map is in my signature as Space Orcs! if you need to look at it.

Spec Ops (This hero is already in my map but is getting a new model and different abilities so it is not the same hero at all)
Abilities:
(Need one attacking Abilty)
Stasis Field: Encases all units in an area in a stasis field, immobilizing them, but making them invulnerable.
Weapon Swap: Switches between the Spec Ops laser gun and grenade launcher. The laser gun has a longer range and faster attack speed but deals less damage. The grenade launcher deals much more damage but has a lower attack rate, shorter range, and cannot hit air units.
Bombardment (Ultimate): Calls in the bombardment of an area from above to deal massive damage to all units in an area

Last edited:
Level 5
I haven't played your map but when i hear Spec Ops i thing of stealthy, infiltration and assassination. So my suggestion is.

Stealth Generator
Places a small generator which will provide a cloaking field for friendly units around it.

Assassins Tek
The Spec Obs uses his Tek Slayer ML5 (small gun) to deal very heavy damage. However since the Bullet need to hit a weak point this gun can only be used at a point blank angle (from behind).

Shock Trooper other wise is a front liner (at least i thing so).

Fury of the Horde
When engaging Combat the Front liner gains attack power for every allied unit nearby

Boombringa
When the life of the Shock Trooper nears his end he will fall into a rampage dealing more and more damage but ignoring his own defense.

Shield device FAR N8
A Simple shield that absorbs X damage.

Repulsive Blast
Charging his Weapon energy through his Armor. He will built up a strong force that will be unleashed after X seconds charging dealing damage and throwing enemy units back. As long as this ability is being charged the Armor is increased by X.

Concussion
A device is fired at a target location after 3 seconds the device will activate and cause a heavy earthquake in that region preventing any movement in this area and dealing minor damage.

Ultimate

Never Ending Frenzy
When ever this unit kills another it gains a Buff this Buff last for 12 Seconds in this time he will resurrect itself. It also has an increased movement and attack speed.

Hold the Line
The shock Trooper uses his energy reserves to increase its defense extremely. It will also disturb some of this energy towards nearby friendly units. The Trooper will have his Armor increased by 100 and health regeneration by 15. His allies will gain 20 Armor and 2 health regeneration. In this time the Trooper can only move slow and cannot attack.

These are my first thoughts

Level 10
Well, I've finished the Shock Trooper, these are his current abilities:

Shock Trooper
Abilities
Ultrabeam: Deals damage to enemy units in a line
Defensive Matrix: Increases armor at the cost of mana per second
Power Core: Provides a movement speed bonus and powers up the Ultrabeam ability so that when it reaches its end it explodes, dealing damage to all units in an area
Pulse: creates 10 explosions at random points around the shock trooper that deal massive damage to enemy units.

Now I just need on attacking ability for the special operative.

Level 8
Well, here are a few ideas. When i think space orcs, it'l be berserking machinegunners and mad bazooka orcs.

Lock
Lock at target enemy unit, whenever damage is dealt to another target, the locked target will receive damage as well, due to the orc sending some "bonus" shots against them.

Overload
Overloading the orcs current weapon, sending one all powerful shot against target unit, though his weapon will be weakened for a small amount of time.

Shooting Frenzy
The orc goes into a shooting frenzy! Shooting randomly at nearby units, but as he dont have time to see who he shoots at, he will shoot at friendly unit aswell.

Gief' me that gun!
Charges to an enemy unit, stuns him for a small amount of time, during this time the orc picks up the stunned units weapon and start to shoot at enemies with the stunned units weapon, Also, 50% of the damage that the orc is hit with during the stun, will be split to the stunned unit, using him as a meat shield.

Level 10
Perhaps I should explain the hero's role a little more. The Special Operative is a sneaky hero that specializes in disrupting the flow of combat and picking off individual units at range. I need a good single target offensive spell, preferably with a stun. Anybody have any ideas?

Please don't suggest invisibility, he has an item (only available to Special Operatives) that gives him that.

Level 8
Perhaps I should explain the hero's role a little more.

That would be nice yes...

very well then, here are some other ideas.

Manipulate
The orc uses a speciel sender to either take control or dissaple enemies equipment from safe range.

Shock Dummy
The orc shoots a shock bolt, dealing damage, stunning and will direct nearly units shots to hit it.

Coulndt think of more. But i think the Overload spell fits nicely to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.