• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

We all know what's after MoP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two expansions, first focusing on the Emerald Dream, fighting the nightmare, and the last fighting the burning legion. There is going to be a large questline involving a titan on the quest to find Sargeras' part of the most powerful sword in existence, which he will pop up and take it the very moment you find it, then a titan will help you out in beating the crap out of him, he will drop his sword, the titan will forge the epic badass sword, and slay Sargeras with it, giving you phat lewt from his corpse. The end, GG. WP.

Level 21
I'm hoping Ogres can be playable for World of Warcraft.
Oh and nice ideas for the next expansions after MoP.
Any playable races you want at all?

Last edited:
Level 2
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Emerald Nightmare story's been resolved...

...In a book. :vw_unimpressed:

A shame. It had some potential for a good expansion. I don't mind the pandarens/Pandaria that much, but Emerald Nightmare would've made a good expansion as well.

I really hope the next expansion is something based on the Legion, Argus and all that stuff. The draenei could use some story love right about now!

Level 4
since MoP expansion is way too chinese, perhaps WoW will make their next expansion more into.. korean. with gangnam style on it.

@reyzu, Lol. I really lol'd hard at this. ;D

Anyways, it's too early to tell what's gonna come next after WoW: MoP. But with the knowledge of the storyline and events, yes, it is possible. Anyways, nice prediction mate. =)

Level 24
Two expansions, first focusing on the Emerald Dream, fighting the nightmare, and the last fighting the burning legion. There is going to be a large questline involving a titan on the quest to find Sargeras' part of the most powerful sword in existence, which he will pop up and take it the very moment you find it, then a titan will help you out in beating the crap out of him, he will drop his sword, the titan will forge the epic badass sword, and slay Sargeras with it, giving you phat lewt from his corpse. The end, GG. WP.

It's fun that you say this because Blizzard has only announced that they've planned one other expansion and they've never revealed what it's about. And I can think of three different possibility's of where they might take place and those are the emereald dreams, argus and the islands across Azeroth.

So let's go over the possibilities shall we. I don't think it's the emerald dreams since there is not enough resources to make such a project in less then 5 years since the Emerald Dreams is exactly like Azeroth would like but if it were never touched by mortals. This means that the Emerald Dreams is Kalimdor, the Eastern Kingdoms, Northrend, Pandaria, Zandalar, Lost Isles and all other land mass on Azeroth combined. On top of that making Emerald Dreams would mean to make a druid expansion since pretty much all that lives in the Emerald Dreams is green dragons, druids and the children of Cenarius and considering that we've already had 3 druid factions I would vote no for a druid expansion. Finding a motive to go to the Emerald Dreams is not that hard though since it would probably be due to N'Zoth the old god that has corrupted the Emerald Dreams.

Second on my list is the Islands across Azeroth and I extremely highly doubt that they will be the new expansion even though there is much story there having this expansion would still mean to spread the playable regions across Azeroth and once again promoting portals to different areas which seemed to be the big flaw with Cataclysm, also if you look at wowcrendors interview with Ghostcrawler you'll clearly hear that they do not which to return to that sort of expansion.

And last on my list is Argus. Argus is a very good choice considering that it's one big continent and it's of reasonable size. The question only is why we would go there but I'm sure Alleria Windrunner will keep us up to date on that if the time comes.

Level 4
yeah, as far as I know, there is only one expansion left for WoW... not that I care much about it

@Adiktuz, Really?? Then what would that be, mate? =)

@lowe1994ba, Wow... o_O That's one interesting story and prediction mate. Well, if you ask me, the "Emerald Dream" is somewhat an interesting story. It holds a lot of mysteries that light has not yet shed on, and there are many unanswered questions and unexplained events in that are in that story and it's events.

But it is unlikely that Blizzard would focus on the "Emerald Dream" if they were to continue the WoW series. Aside from the Emerald Dream, there are many other, bigger and unexplained events that Blizzard has not yet revealed to us, and that it holds many great questions that need answering. So focusing on the "Emerald Dream" as the next story after WoW: MoP has little priority of being focused on. Who knows, maybe there could be a big unexplained event out there that we don't know of, and that Blizzard could have been saving it for the next story and continuation of the WoW series. =)

Either way, focusing on the "Emerald Dream" is, honestly for me, an interesting plot for the continuation of the WoW series. But it is too early to tell, as the WoW: MoP expansion has just been released a few days ago, and it has little priority of being the next story to continue the WoW series.

So predicting the next storyline and it's chain of events is quite a challenging task. But as I said before, it can be done if one has knowledge of the storyline and events of WoW: MoP. ;)

Anyways, all of your predictions are good, mates, and they are all interesting. So thanks for sharing. =)

Level 24
Predicting nope but guessing from what we have to go on.

And yes you're right they created Pandaria and we knew less of that then we know about the Emerald Dreams so yes blizzard could easily make a story for the emerald dreams but that still doesn't change the extreme size of the Emerald Dreams and that it would take at least half a decade to finish.

However another reason why I suspect Argus that I didn't mention is that Blizzard said that we might see a small change in Outland and I can only suspect that's connected to blizzards idea of bringing back old characters. And that would probebly be a character/characters that have had great impact on the lore like Alleria, Turalyion, Akama or Maiev.

Level 14
Predicting nope but guessing from what we have to go on.

And yes you're right they created Pandaria and we knew less of that then we know about the Emerald Dreams so yes blizzard could easily make a story for the emerald dreams but that still doesn't change the extreme size of the Emerald Dreams and that it would take at least half a decade to finish.

However another reason why I suspect Argus that I didn't mention is that Blizzard said that we might see a small change in Outland and I can only suspect that's connected to blizzards idea of bringing back old characters. And that would probebly be a character/characters that have had great impact on the lore like Alleria, Turalyion, Akama or Maiev.

One of the reasons I loved TBC so much, was so many important lore characters. Kil'jaden, Archimonde, Illidan, Kael, Vashj, Magtheridon, Akama, Maiev, Medivh.

Good question what will come after MoP. I agree of two more expansions. Last expansion should get people to level 100. If it doesn't, and the experience stops at 95, it means that they just didn't think an extra expansion would be profitable.

Level 23
lowe1994be you say loke how huge emerald dream is but think about it for a second like this:
Its game made by blizzard, they decide how big what is, if they made emerald dream as big as elwynn foresg, it will be qs big as elwynn forest, you cant say how big it is until they release it
I hope next expansion will be about Sargeras or at least more related to titans

Level 24
I doubt the pantheons would come to Azeroth since they haven't really answered our fan mail in a while and besides Blizzards next MMO is called project titan at the moment*hint hint*(I can be wrong) and in general don't seem to care about anything else then their hobby of creating new worlds just so the burning legion can engulf them.

And Edo494 what does Loke have to do with WarCraft? Last time I checked he was still in the Nordic mythology.

Level 23
sorry for bad grammar in those posts btw but writing on mobile aucks a little bit
What has Loke to do with what Ive wrote? I only mentioned Saegeras
Also the fact that blizzard works on Titan doesnt mean it will be in same universe as WoW is or that it will continue its story. Of course it can, but it also may not, who knows

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I am suprised Blizzard does not start crossing over their games. We already have tauren marines, murlocks and Diablo in StarCraft II. WoW should get quests from Raynor and Tyrael themselves, complete with orignal artwork from their appropiate titles (not some spoof like WoW mostly has)!

Ok stupid idea but considering they are stealing from pokemon and Kong-Fu Panda they are some of the better ideas they could choose.

Level 24
@Edo494:
I have no proof that project titan is anyhow related to WarCraft but I'm just saying considering the success of both Everquest 2 and Guildwars 2 it would not be the strangest thing if it were.

@Dr Super Good:
It isn't really stealing from Kung Fu Panda when the Panderen race was released in 2002 and Kung Fu Panda was released several years later. Even though I admit that they stole ideas from both pokemon and farmville.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It isn't really stealing from Kung Fu Panda when the Panderen race was released in 2002 and Kung Fu Panda was released several years later.
Except it was released summer 2003...

Also the WarCraft III incarnation of pandarian race is not the incarnation shown in the WoW trailers. Yes they were eastern based but they could not do martial arts like a pixar animated film...

One cannot help but think of chicken and the egg connundrum. Perhapse Pixar took the idea from WarCraft III but the truth is Kong-Fu Panda must have inspired the WoW MoP trailer.

Level 24
Except it was released summer 2003...

Also the WarCraft III incarnation of pandarian race is not the incarnation shown in the WoW trailers. Yes they were eastern based but they could not do martial arts like a pixar animated film...

One cannot help but think of chicken and the egg connundrum. Perhapse Pixar took the idea from WarCraft III but the truth is Kong-Fu Panda must have inspired the WoW MoP trailer.

The fighting style of the Pandarens is inspired by Kung-Fu Panda yes but nothing else is slightly taken from Kung-Fu panda as far as I can see and I remember when I was a kid and I saw Kung-Fu Panda for the first time and I said "Oh look it's Chen Stormstout!"

And Pandarens where originally an april fools joke and I think that when Pixar saw how popular this new race were they used the idea of Blizzard and put it into their movie so I think this is a situation where both has taken ideas from each others and I don't think I need to explain that's how buisness works. Just look at Apple, Samsung and Nokia they have both stolen ideas from each others and used them to improve their own phones. (Even though Blizzard and Pizar isn't trying to sew each other.)

And Rainbow Dash I love that you need to pay monthly because that means that Blizzard will keep focusing on what players want instead of what they're making most money from. If we take a look at League of Legends for example many players wants to see new maps since there is only one you can play 5 v 5. But Riot Games don't intend to make more maps because they wount make any money out of it.

Level 14
And Rainbow Dash I love that you need to pay monthly because that means that Blizzard will keep focusing on what players want instead of what they're making most money from. If we take a look at League of Legends for example many players wants to see new maps since there is only one you can play 5 v 5. But Riot Games don't intend to make more maps because they wount make any money out of it.

1) If subscriber fees brought the Dungeon Journal, than screw subscribing.

2) Uhm, hello? There is Summoner's Rift (in 3 season versions: summer, autumn, winter, also it was revamped with better graphics). There is Twisted Treeline for 3v3, there is the Crystal Scar a 5v5 Arathi Basin type, and there is the Proving Grounds a 5v5 one lane map.

Also content doesn't mean only maps and different game modes. It means characters, skins, they also revise their old content and update it graphically. They introduced the Spectator Mode, Colorblind Mode, they are currently working to update the UI. In anyway are Riot not updating the entirety of the game.

And to mention this,
League of Legends, Free-to-play with micro-transactions.
World of Warcraft, initial payment for game + all expansions, with subscription, with micro-transactions.

Btw, have Blizzard stated when they update the character bones, meshes, skins and animations for the old races from Classic yet? Or are they on soon™?\

Edit: And I also think that subscribing brought that terrible, terrible last fight with Deathwing? So subscribing brought pokebattles? That's what the players really wanted? Pokemon? If I subscribe to WoW will I get Kael'thalas alive again with Illidan as his summoned minion?

Edit#2: And FYI, Rainbow_Dash didn't say he doesn't want a subscription fee anymore. He said he doesn't want to have to pay for every expansion which is out every 1-2 years or so. Picture this, you want to start playing WoW, or you want to introduce a friend to WoW. He would need to pay how much ? 85 dollars for the game + all the expansions? And that's on Amazon. Not all countries are graced with Amazon. In Romania if you want to get into this game, it costs you about 100 dollars which is more than 1/3 of the lowest salary here. But okay, let's not take these countries into consideration. Let's talk about WoW as a game.

So WoW as a game, costs between 85 and 100 US dollars. Games cost mostly 60 US dollars. WoW costs 85$-100$. Well, what do you get for your money? You get specific content for two factions. You get a leveling experience from 1 to 90, which in itself is more than you can chew on, in the idea that you will never want to do all the quests. But hey, they are there, they are available right? You won't get to access Netherstorm quests from BC anyway because you will be off to Northrend, but hey, they do exist right? One day when you are bored you can do those silly quests from Netherstorm for... Achievements! Than in this money you have the first tier of raiding in MoP available. You also have the... BGs and Arenas. You have the 3D intros. You have Proffesions... the Auction House! The LFR system, and idk what else, you should remind/update me please.
Anyway, you read this package and say "that's so great, so much cool stuff for only 85$-100$". And than you need to pay 15$ each month to access the servers and for the content updates. For 6 months subscription, you pay 80$, so that whole package again. And what do you get out of those extra 80$? Well besides the server stability side and stuff, you get content! A patch content.... one.... which includes the next tier of raiding, next tier of sets for both pve and pvp, maybe an Arena? and balances. Until you see the end of the expansion it will take about an year and a half? So that means 18 months, which mean 240$ on subscription + 85$-100$ = 325$-340$ cost. This is friggin expensive.

But let's say you're smarter, and you only pay for the months you decided to play. There are about 3 content patches each expansion. Let's say you take an interest in each and you want to play for 2 months. So 3 sessions of two months each mean a total of 90$. That lowers the total price to 175$-190$. That still is expensive. Even in the USA, with 200$ you could do other things.

Okay, now let's compare WoW with another game to which DSG is mostly opposed to. Torchlight 2.

Torchlight 2 costs 20$. No micro-transactions, no subscriptions. I will admit that TL2 is inferior in graphics to WoW. Although the cartoon graphic style is the same. Okay so what do we pay 20$ for?

We pay for leveling from 1 to 100. In one walkthrough though, you won't reach 100. You will reach about 50ish (on your first). Than the content simply repeats. So what we have between 1 to 50? well we have 4 major acts, which you would really want to explore and complete them all. But these acts are random. The randomness of the terrain is so well made, that you never know how it will look. It's always feels different. Sure it's the same tree model, but everything else changes. Your pattern, the mobs locations, they change because of the randomization. You have single player, you have LAN, you have cool bossfights. You don't have proffesions like in WoW, but you have the gains of those proffesions. And it will be highly modable once the tools are released. Oh and also, dungeons are random too, and once you finish your first playthrough you have the option to go to an area called the Map Works, where a vendor sells you a map which gives you access to a random generated dungeon. What happens after your initial purchase? Well you play and even without subscriptions, the devs take care of bugs and balancing.

I am really not against WoW as a game, but I am against Blizz policy around WoW and all their newest games.

Last edited:
Level 24
This is not the place to speak this much about League of Legends but we're both entitled to our own opinions and I were not trying to badmouth League of Legends so if you feel offended i apologize.

Level 14
I don't feel offended about League.

But I felt like League is a good example how you not need to have 3 types of incomes from one game in order to "listen to the fanbase" and "push it further and tweak it".

Level 14
not being rude but what?
if LOL was made for players, they wont sell heroes but just let you to play with them
btw this is off topic

I completely agree that there needs to be a profit. The biggest profit if you'd like. But on the other hand, you can't tell me that all the payment is 100% justified. I don't even get why Wow Vanilla costs 11 dollars. Let's be frank, you don't even get to explore that content because it has been rehashed with Cataclysm. So in 11 dollars you pay what? The mesh of two continents, the mesh, skins and animations of old races and their mounts?

And I agree that Riot isn't the company for the player, however they actually listen to the community, and they work to make the community better. And personally, I think Riot is more of an e-sports company, as they invest a lot in e-sports.

But Riot have their issues, their website is slow, their client sux, the servers don't have such good protection. But again this is all off-topic.

Back to WoW.... yeah.... I covered everything I had to cover. I really don't think WoW is a good investment in anyway, shape or form.

Being made for the players is not equal to NO-PROFIT... Without profit is CHARITY work... being made for the players in my idea is a game that actually adjusts to what the playerbase likes (of course after weighing of consequences)... and I'm talking of LoL as a for-the-players game, and not of Riot as a for-the-player company...

As for WoW, well right now I won't be buying it... I mean you need to pay for the original version, pay for expansions and pay monthly... there are good MMO's there that only has original payment + monthly, or just monthly, in which expansions/episodes are totally free to download/install...

Level 14
Being made for the players is not equal to NO-PROFIT... Without profit is CHARITY work... being made for the players in my idea is a game that actually adjusts to what the playerbase likes (of course after weighing of consequences)... and I'm talking of LoL as a for-the-players game, and not of Riot as a for-the-player company...

As for WoW, well right now I won't be buying it... I mean you need to pay for the original version, pay for expansions and pay monthly... there are good MMO's there that only has original payment + monthly, or just monthly, in which expansions/episodes are totally free to download/install...

Guild Wars 2...

Level 24
This is a World of WarCraft forum please keep to the topic or move this conversation to either the of-topic or general gaming forum.

Level 14
well, they said if I recall correctly that last boss of mop is going to be Garrosh, also look at whats happening in the ragefire chasm
returning of Burning Legion? you never know :D

Like father like son.

The branch doesn't fall far from the tree.

Level 27
I am suprised Blizzard does not start crossing over their games. We already have tauren marines, murlocks and Diablo in StarCraft II. WoW should get quests from Raynor and Tyrael themselves, complete with orignal artwork from their appropiate titles (not some spoof like WoW mostly has)!

Ok stupid idea but considering they are stealing from pokemon and Kong-Fu Panda they are some of the better ideas they could choose.

Yes! We must have world of stawariablocraft!

Level 4
I didn't mean "Paid" as in subscription, I don't mind that. I meant that after paying for the first game, xpac1,xpac2,xpac3, AND monthly fee, I would like to see the next expansion free digital download. It's not like they're the only mmorpg on the planet.

Level 24
Well for someone who has paid 600 sek(around 60 euro) for all of the expansions and 200 sek for Vanilla I understand that you want to get Mists of Pandaria for free but if I need to pay 300 sek for Mists of Pandaria then I'm alright with that especially since this expansion is better then any other (maybe not WotLK).

Level 14
Well for someone who has paid 600 sek(around 60 euro) for all of the expansions and 200 sek for Vanilla I understand that you want to get Mists of Pandaria for free but if I need to pay 300 sek for Mists of Pandaria then I'm alright with that especially since this expansion is better then any other (maybe not WotLK).

And how much have you payed for monthly subscriptions?

Level 24
Well Statharas things end up very diffrently when you've played since Vanilla.

And well it would be closer to 500 then 700 euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.