• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legion Theory: What's really going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
So I just slayed Archimonde in HC difficulty in order to get my moose, because I'm a Swede so it's illegal to not own a moose. (Not an actual law.) Anyhow when I was completing the quest I found some curious dialogue between my character and Malfurion, it reads as follows:

OrvlU8e.png

rAenv6f.png

So now, what does this prove? Quite a lot actually, as you see we find out that Archimonde is in possession of an item that originates from the Rift of Aln, what's the Rift of Aln you may ask? The Rift of Aln is in the centrum of the Emerald Dream, a realm that looks like our world would had mortals not affected it and the Rift of Aln is where the Maelstrom is located today in our world. The Rift of Aln has however fallen under control of the Old God N'Zoth. So this dialogue proves that N'Zoth and Archimonde have some sort of relationship and this is almost guaranteed to be the reason why Gul'Dan is sent to our timeline. For those of you who remember during the war of the ancients the Old Gods used the night elves to summon the Burning Legion into Azeroth. The Old Gods attempted to summon Sargeras to destroy the world of Azeroth, that way they would be able to escape from their prisons and Sargeras would be no match for them.

But wait you're saying, Sargeras is the ultimate power and the final evil of this game, surely he has to be more powerful than a Old God, I mean we've defeated two Old Gods ourselves. Yes it's true we have defeated two immensely weakened Old Gods, against the first one we needed 40 people and against the second 25 people + 4 tiran keepers. Of all the challenges we have faced the weakened Old Gods undoubtedly present the greatest. A unbound Old God would without a doubt be to large a threat for mere mortals to take down. Furthermore we have several statements declaring both the Old Gods and Sargeras as the ultimate powers, but all of them are said by servants of either side so all of them have a bias, a reason to declare their masters the greatest, therefor all of them are invalid, all but one. In the war of the ancients trilogy Korialstrasz says that the Old Gods are force so powerful they could force even Sargeras to kneel. This statement is the only legitimate statement we have on power comparison between Sargeras and the Old Gods and it states the Old Gods as the absolute, indisputable power. Furthermore we have Nozdormu, one of the most powerful dragons in existence who, when he comes into contact with the well of eternity states that at first glance he thought it to be corrupt by the Legion, but at closer look he found the source the be much more evil than the fallen titan, that source was the Old Gods.

With that stated that brings us to today because the one claim people have made against the Old Gods being more powerful than Sargeras is that these statements are from 2004 and 2005 and hence are to old to be considered as absolute canon. Which I would say is a bit of a stretch but not an unreasonable one. Now however we have this item collected from Archimonde which proves that N'Zoth once again tries to summon the Legion and Sargeras into Azeroth to be able to take it for his own. In Sweden we have a popular saying "one time is no time, two times are two time too many." And this is something I find to be true here, that the Old Gods did not realize the true power of Sargeras during the war of the ancients before it was too late I can buy. But that they still wouldn't know it is completely unacceptable. During the war of the ancients Korialstrasz, Illidan, Azshara, Xavius and many others were able to sense the exact power of Sargeras, it is absolutely beyond reason then that the Old Gods would not understand the true power of Sargeras.

This means that in order to summon Sargeras one of two things must be true, either A, the Old Gods know that they have a power far surpassing that of Sargeras or B, the Old Gods are absolute morons. C'Thun managed to trick the titans, the dragons and all of Azeroth that it was dead when it wasn't, Yogg-Sarron corrupted Deathwing, Garona and Arthas, forsaw the coming of Deathwing, N'Zoth and the removal of the mists surrounding Pandaria. N'Zoth managed to lure his way into the Emerald Dream, trick Ysera, Cenarius and Malfurion and was behind the corruption of queen Azshara, a mortal on the same level of power as Archimonde. The Old Gods are many things but fools they are not. Logic then dictates that the only reason they could want to summon Sargeras into this world is because they know they can deal with Sargeras easily.

"But Razosh" you say "I thought this was a theory so far you've only given us facts." Yes and here the theory comes. It is my theory that since the Old Gods obviously know what they are doing by summoning Sargeras they are fooling us into believing that Sargeras is the ultimate evil. I see so many people today saying "this game has been built up for so long, finally the waiting, now we will deal with the true evil!" What if I told you that this is not the true evil but merely the ultimate distraction sent by the Old Gods to shatter the remaining resistance on Azeroth. And when our numbers are spent and the victor will have taken the planet under their banner the Old Gods will emerge and the true war will begin.

That's right I believe that Legion is the final set up before the fight and the true ending of the war for Azeroths safety. (Due to the milking of every franchise more games will come but this will be the actual end that decides if we win or die.) But when the Old Gods set their plans in motion then the war against the Legion will look like a fight between two toddlers. The Old Gods have their army of Nagas, they have a hidden stash of soldiers within the Inner Kingdom of Ahn'Kahet and N'Zoth is roaming free with control over Neptulon. In the expansion after Legion is when everything will come down and the champions from every corner of the world will have to unite to defeat this unbeatable foe. In this battle we will need EVERYTHING our planet has got to defeat the Old Gods, we will need the Ancients, the Aspects, the Titan Keepers, the August Celestials, the Horde, the Alliance, Jaina and even those we see as natural foes, to deal with this threat we will have to release the Lich King! You think I'm done? Oh I am just getting started, we'll have to unite the Zandalari, the Drakari, the Fakkari, the Gurubashi and the Amani to our banner. Vereesa, Sylvanas, Alleria, the Twillight Hammer, the Blackrock, hte murlocs, the gorlocks, the Wolvar, the proto-dragons, the giants, the Earthen, Elune, the Naaru, yes EVERYTHING!

Why do I believe this, my dad loved playing RP games in his youth and he was always the dungeon master. He shared with me one big secret, the mark of a good dungeon master is his ability to fool the players. Every day for three months him and his friends would play a game only to find out that during those three months they had all been fooled to follow the wrong enemy. That is my theory that Blizzard are truly great story tellers and that for all these years they have fooled us into believing that the true enemy is the Legion. And why wouldn't we ever since WarCraft I we have fought the servants of the Legion. But do they really serve the Legion, or does the Legion serve the Old Gods? In WCI the Legion opens the portal to Azeroth but in Ulduar we find out that the assassination of King Lane was actually put in motion by Yogg-Saron. The Old Gods wanted the Legion to succeed. In WarCraft III we fought the Legion that had been summoned by Arthas and the Lich King, the thing is the Lich King has a abnormal ability to see into the future, how does he do this, how did a orc shaman come into possession of this power? My theory is that he didn't, it seems strange that a mere orc would be so powerful, indeed I think the visions where given to him by the Old Gods. And now the final chapter, where the Legion is finally brought into this world and we know for sure that their summon were made possible by the hands of the Old Gods.

Level 21
this has been my theory for a while as well.Can't wait to see how this goes down though,I've been hoping for a final epic clash for a long time

Level 24
this has been my theory for a while as well.Can't wait to see how this goes down though,I've been hoping for a final epic clash for a long time

Yeah the Old Gods undoubtedly has some form of plan with the Legion, seems strange that we wouldn't see an expansion with a all powered up N'Zoth. But just think about it for a few seconds not only N'Zoth but over all we'd face dangers the likes of which we've never faced before. In the first War of the Ancients book Mannoroth clearly states that the only one in the legion who could possibly beat Azshara is Archimonde. The key word Mannoroth uses is may which indicates that it's not guaranteed. It's also worth noting that Kil'Jaeden is not mentioned, this would seem to indicate that both Azshara and Archimonde are both more powerful than him and that seems logical, Sargeras always chooses Archimonde as his harbinger. We saw Archimonde in the first Legion invasion of Azeroth and the second even though he failed the first time Sargeras clearly saw Archimonde as the better choice hence it seem only logical to assume that Archimonde is more powerful than Kil'Jaeden since Sargeras clearly sees it that way. This brings us back to Azshara, she would have been the equal of the mightiest soldier in all of the Legion 10,000 years ago, this is prior to her being empowered by the Old Gods. It's therefor only reasonable that aside from Sargeras himself none in the Legion would today get close to being able to best Azshara. This would be a battle the likes of which Azeroth has never seen with the games most powerful bosses ever seen and I can't wait for it if my theory is correct. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.