• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Next Expansion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Alright I got two hours until BlizzCon so I better start this: What will the next expansion be, can any expansion follow Legion? If you seriously think that Blizzard will stop making WoW expansions let me just shatter that illusion, there are going to be more.

But how could we possibly know what the next expansion could end up being that's not possible, I mean it's not like there is some mystical force in the game that in the past have made hauntingly accurate predictions of the future, oh wait there is, the Old Gods! In the fight against C'Thun it said "death is close" which foreshadowed Yogg-Saron, the Old God of death, Yogg-Saron in turn upon its death said "your fate is sealed, the end of days is finally upon you and all who inhabits this miserable little seedling, foreshadowing Deathwing. In 4.0 we also heard several quotes foreshadowing the 4.1 raid which was eventually scrapped as players hated the underwater combat of Vashj'ir so the game developers thought the raid which was supposed to feature Azshara and N'Zoth as raid bosses scratched. But then there was also one last quote from the puzzle-box, "Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside." Yogg-Saron was able to know that the mists surrounding Pandaria would disapear prior to it happening. As I said they're able to foresee the future to a hauntingly accurate degree. The final things that were mentioned prior to Legion was the city of Ny'alotha the seat of power for the Old God N'Zoth which is mentioned by both the puzzle-box of yogg-saron and the heart of Y'Shaarj.

This brings us to Legion what could they have said in Legion, I mean all we have are a few vague whispers. That's true but that all changed in Legion first we have the raid boss Il'gynoth. So lets break down the foreboding quotes from it:

*Your coming was foretold in the rings, the long circle is almost complete.

Now this first one isn't going to make an awful lot of sense now but try to keep it in mind as we proceed.

*The boy king serves at the masters table, three lies will he offer you.
*Her heart is a crater and we... have filled it.
*The king of diamonds has been made a pawn.
*At the hour of her third death she ushers in our coming.
*To find him, drown yourself in the circle of stars.
*Five keys to open our way, five torches to lighten our path.
*The lord of ravens will turn the key.

Alright so just there we have a ton to debunk and we're just getting warmed up. ;) "The boy king" is obviously Anduin Wrynn and it is important to note that Il'gynoth serves N'Zoth something it explains plain as day upon its death so logic dictates that "the master" in this case is N'Zoth. (Besides priest do have a affiliation with the Old Gods but we'll come to that later.)
The second one, "her heart is a crater and... have filled it" seems to undoubtedly refer to Jaina Proudmore which would mean that she'd, directly or indirectly be a servant of the Old Gods, this would also explain a lot of her actions in the past. Her refusal to fight the legion at all, leaving the Kirin Tor even when all others saw reason.
"The king of diamonds" is also fairly clear, Magni Bronzebeard, though a pawn of whom, the Old Gods, Azeroth, Elune? A man does not know.
At the hour of her third death, this one's tricky, most people would argue that this would be Sylvanas although that makes little sense as she has already died three times, once at the hand of Arthas, once when she committed suicide and once in Silverpine... It would make sense that it would be Sylvanas as her summary at last BlizzCon seemed to indicate her having to sacrifice herself for the good of her people. But we can't know for sure, maybe the three is just some error or something.
To find him drown yourself in the circle of stars. Who is this mysterious "him"? That I can not say but I think I know what the circle of stars is, the room where we fought Algalon. Remember Magni lead us to this room, coincidence or was there some deeper reason behind that, have we seen all there is to that location? This does seem to be associated with Legion so I would speculate "him" to be either Illidan... or Sargeras, maybe we will finally slay the bastard, if not now when?
"Five keys to open our way" this is clearly the pillars of creation, when we decide to use the pillars it seems like the way for the Old God N'Zoth will be opened wide.
"The lord of ravens" whom this may end up be I'm not a hundred percent sure on though it seems like it would be either Medivh or Khadgar, both would make sense considering the current festivities in Karazhan.

"But Razosh" you say, "this is not actually an Old God just a mere servant..." not convinced eh, well I have one more ace up my sleeve, the voice of a literal Old God, Xal'atath. Now, before you loose your collective minds, no this not the name of a fifth Old God but of a dagger, this dagger was forged out of a claw of an Old God, which one it was is uncertain though it seems highly unlikely to have been N'Zoth, as the dagger states that N'Zoth was the weakest of the Old Gods, something a remnant of N'Zoth would unlikely admit to. But lets get down to the quotes:

*The Legion burrows deep here, if they burrow deeper they may not like what they find.
*The recruitment of the Eredar was quite a win for Sargeras, he desperately needed more intelligence in his warhost.
* Odyn was a great enemy, until his own arrogance proved his undoing, you should ask him if he has considered Loken's final words to him. Go ahead.
*I long for the day our masters can truly pass into this realm, you have only seen fragments, shadows, the faintest of echoes. Ask the Ethereals what one of these manifestations are capable off.
*It is ironic that the weakest of us may be the ultimate victor, C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, Y'Shaarj and... well... only one would remain to consume the world, that was always meant to be.
*Oh you've gather quite a group of followers, it is fortunate that they're focused on this incurrsion and not the true war, the scope of it might destroy your minds.
*Do the Naaru speak of the eternal conflict? That the entire history of your world is but a fraction of the time that has passed, of those that came before the Draenei? No?
*Long has this ones time been coming, a true servant of the fallen titan, he seeks the doom of all things, as if that would really save them from the void.
*Here you will see why the Legions invasions are ultimately futile, all can be corrupted dreams and demons alike.
*Another fool who believed Illidan's lies of sacrifice and righteousness, tormented he turns on everyone.

Alright, so BlizzCon starts in 30 minutes so I have a limited time and won't deep-dive into every quote but just look at them. The Old Gods know of things that are way beyond the understanding of Sargeras, the Ethereals, the Eternal conflict between light and dark, who cam before the Draenei, the truth of Azeroth, Illidans actions on Outland. All of it forms one image of a vast network of darkness, one that seeks to corrupt everything, and one not even Sargeras can fend of. In the end even Sargeras was afraid of the Old Gods and what they could accomplish, say what you will of Sargeras, but the main force that drives him towards the total anihalation of this world is his absolute fear of the Old Gods. He sees himself as the salvation of the world, and the Old Gods know it, and they're mocking it.

*Almost completely gone, as if it never existed, but the rift is deep and vast and somewhere down there it stirs. Something has changed, the last prison weakens. We must prepare.
*It appears as though the prison of N'Zoth is not as strong as it once was, what you see is but a tiny growth of the behemoth that may yet consume your world.
*The god of the deep writhes in his prison, breaking free ever so slowly. You should hurry and defeat the fallen titan... there are greater battles yet to fight.

This is important and do you remember that I told you to remember Il'gynoths quote "Your coming was foretold in the rings, the long circle is almost complete." what if it wasn't reffering to the nightmare as the end but the arrival of N'Zoth. The first quote "Almost completely gone, as if it never existed, but the rift is deep and vast and somewhere down there it stirs. Something has changed, the last prison weakens. We must prepare." this was said after the destruction of the Emerald Nightmare, why is that important? Well there's one last set of quotes that I think explains EVERYTHING!

*Xavius's tricks are cunning, why reveal yourself when you can control from afar?
*Corrupting the guardians of the dream is a bold move but he might be overreaching, Xavius would be better of slowly spreading the nightmares influence rather than raising such alarm.
*Great dragons bent to the will of Xavius who serves the god of the deep, instead of breathing life, she consumes all around her.
*Xavius, running from one master to the next, scrambling for power yet defeated again and again. The god of the deep picks a poor champion... or is there something else at play?

Look at it, there is a larger plan to this that much is indisputable on the message of the Old God. And before you say "how can we trust it", have the puzzle-box, the heart or Yogg-Saron ever mislead us, even once, if not those four, why would this?

And one important part before the rose is encountered and the dagger reacts to it, the rose interacts with the SPIRIT OF YSERA! Maybe I'm downplaying how FCKING HUGE THIS IS! Do you remember the quote "Five keys to open our way" by Il'gynoth, what if that wasn't the pillars of creation it was hinting at, what if it hinted at the aspects! Ysera, Malygos, Nozdurmo, Neltharion all have fallen, only Alexstrasza remain! Perhaps they are the five keys, locking the Old Gods in their place, maybe once Alexstrasza is dead, they will rise?

So yes that is my guess, we "drown" ourselves in the circle of stars, slay Sargeras once and for all but along the line Alexstrasza dies and from her death ushers the coming of the Old Gods.

Status
Not open for further replies.